Sound Beach Bluffs

Huntington Station, NY

#1 Jun 8, 2014
Does anyone know (with legal certainty) who is the actual owner of the Sound Beach bluffs? If you give an answer, please provide an explanation as to how you know that answer and how it may be positively verified. A friend indicated that the Sound Beach Property Owners Association is apparently resorting to door to door threats of removing homeowners stairs from the bluffs to prevent beach access (which was previously granted by legal easement) if owners do not maintain their beach membership. Also, does anyone know the process, legal justification by which the owner would be able to reverse the easement? Also, if the stairs are dismantled by a third party, would the third party be responsible for fair compensation of the homeowner, ie. approx $90k? Thank you very much. I would suspect if you are responding, you are a real estate lawyer....

Ridge, NY

#2 Jun 8, 2014
They sound like a bunch of thugs. That will bring property values down when that word gets out.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Shoreham Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Bart Drive - No State permissions apartment 17 hr Nifty Ned 3
Dans Horse dead farm (Aug '13) Wed Dantheman 417
News Prostate Brachytherapy Preserves Erectile Function (Aug '07) Nov 23 tomparson12 17
News Suffolk County Police Officer Arrested On Fraud... (Jan '06) Nov 22 Woody 96
Solar farm in shoreham (Dec '14) Nov 22 Reason 2
News After officer's wake, cops nab drug suspect (Mar '09) Nov 16 mikedepo 199
horse boarding (Jan '13) Nov 11 Dan 11
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Shoreham Mortgages