Official: Heart attack likely in inma...

Official: Heart attack likely in inmate's death

There are 21 comments on the Newsday story from Feb 7, 2008, titled Official: Heart attack likely in inmate's death. In it, Newsday reports that:

An inmate at the Suffolk County Jail was found to have died after a corrections officer discovered her unresponsive in her bunk in the mental and medical observation tier, authorities said yesterday.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Mike

Harriman, NY

#22 Feb 8, 2008
From Her Neice wrote:
<quoted text>
do you happen to remember what month this was in last year, i would love to find the article.
I Know for sure that the guy died January 2007 and I'm pretty sure it was on a Saturday and it may have been the thirteenth. I'm not even sure it made it to the papers. I heard later on that I was a accidental drug over dose but it was not easy getting the facts. I always felt it was a cover up.
I do know the phones were turned off at about 10 am and the CO said it was because they found a guy dead in the gym. And Walter is right you have to drop a medical slip every day and you might get to see the doctor.When Suffolk county sent me to Rikers Island because of over crowding you sign your name to the sick call sheet and the next day you see the doctor, it may take all day but you get to see some one.Sorry for your loss and good luck.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Shoreham Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Moriches Man Charged With Home Improvement Scam (Feb '11) 7 hr raphan disbarred 17
The Donald (Sep '15) Thu SmokinJoe 8
Don Woolley (Dec '10) Aug 15 SmokinJoe 9
Safe to drink Aug 10 Washerwoman 2
News J & R Steakhouse reopens as Pop's Roadhouse in ... Jul 27 Robert 1
News Sperm Counts Continue to Decline in Western Nat... Jul 26 Peter Cheeks 2
SCCC Destruction of Nature (Dec '12) Jul 26 Chuck 18

Shoreham Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Shoreham Mortgages