Official: Heart attack likely in inmate's death

Full story: Newsday 21
An inmate at the Suffolk County Jail was found to have died after a corrections officer discovered her unresponsive in her bunk in the mental and medical observation tier, authorities said yesterday. Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Mike

Staten Island, NY

#22 Feb 8, 2008
From Her Neice wrote:
<quoted text>
do you happen to remember what month this was in last year, i would love to find the article.
I Know for sure that the guy died January 2007 and I'm pretty sure it was on a Saturday and it may have been the thirteenth. I'm not even sure it made it to the papers. I heard later on that I was a accidental drug over dose but it was not easy getting the facts. I always felt it was a cover up.
I do know the phones were turned off at about 10 am and the CO said it was because they found a guy dead in the gym. And Walter is right you have to drop a medical slip every day and you might get to see the doctor.When Suffolk county sent me to Rikers Island because of over crowding you sign your name to the sick call sheet and the next day you see the doctor, it may take all day but you get to see some one.Sorry for your loss and good luck.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Shoreham Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Dans Horse dead farm (Aug '13) 7 hr JAYTHEMAN 283
NY Who do you support for Governor in New York in ... (Oct '10) 7 hr postcranium 6,469
NY Who do you support for Attorney General in New ... (Oct '10) Tue NAVYVET 760
NY Who do you support for U.S. Senate in New York ... (Oct '10) Tue NAVYVET 6,391
Grenade swallowed by 66 year old, man alive (Mar '08) Sep 28 hoo doo you think... 10
Giant Garage Sale Sep 28 Chuck 21
NY New York Primary Election Sept 14: Will you vote? (Sep '10) Sep 28 Jeff 16,795

Shoreham News Video

Shoreham Jobs

Shoreham People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Shoreham News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Shoreham

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]