Pasadena, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 10, 2012

Be sure to vote no on any tax increase!
http://www.yourhoustonnews.com/deer_park/news...
winston zeddemore

Pasadena, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2012

Judged:

"Reductions in state funding for ASATR (additional state aide for tax reduction), which originally replaced the tax rate compression money, is the primary cause of the current budget deficit."

Oh really? I think the reason for the deficit is at least in part, all of these must-haves like new press boxes, admin buildings, schools, etc. Quit spending like drunken sailors, DPISD and you MIGHT have some money left over!

Districts need to learn to spend and operate within their means.

Don't even get me started about sending $2.4 million to some school district we've never heard of who spend their time and your money coddling the wetbacks who just slithered across the border, along with their parents...
NATIVETEX

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2012

Amen!
Vote No

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2012

Judged:

Funny how they try to sell this tax hike.

They can cut costs like everyone else does when they have spent too much on their credit cards. They could start by lowering the salaries of the administrators. Then get rid of those marginal employees.
Ibuiltmybusiness

Deer Park, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2012

Judged:

You people should really do a little research first like I did. This is our community you are talking about. I moved our family here for these schools and a tax increase to keep these schools great and avoid becoming an HISD is well worth it. I also believe most of what winston listed is paid for with bond $ which is very restricted. Have you been in schools? Do you see how great a job the maintenance people keep those old buildings? 1 new school and it replaced a building that was over 50 years old. If you want to be upset, get upset with the state that has forced districts to tax increases, they pit residents against school boards. My neighbor is a teacher and all employees, including admin, have not had a raise in over 3 years. Vote yes to keep a top-notch district at the top.
carnac

Pasadena, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2012

Judged:

Ibuiltmybusiness wrote:
You people should really do a little research first like I did. This is our community you are talking about. I moved our family here for these schools and a tax increase to keep these schools great and avoid becoming an HISD is well worth it. I also believe most of what winston listed is paid for with bond $ which is very restricted. Have you been in schools? Do you see how great a job the maintenance people keep those old buildings? 1 new school and it replaced a building that was over 50 years old. If you want to be upset, get upset with the state that has forced districts to tax increases, they pit residents against school boards. My neighbor is a teacher and all employees, including admin, have not had a raise in over 3 years. Vote yes to keep a top-notch district at the top.
I do agree with most. However, the employees need to be thankful they have a job. I am sure it has been a long time for many to receive a raise regardless of employer which includes myself. Not sure if I am willing to share more of my money from an already tight budget.

“I don't believe in mathematics”

Since: Aug 08

De Leon, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2012

Judged:

Public education should be completely privatized.

I hate paying school taxes to provide the entitlements for the ignorant children of Teabagger bigots. When are these pasty-faced peckerwoods going to take responsibility for schooling their own despicable spawn.
dpmom

Deer Park, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2012

Judged:

Ibuiltmybusiness wrote:
If DPISD doesn't get the tax increase we will see MANY drastic cuts including but not limited to, athletics, fine arts, electives, aides, librarians, and nurses. They fully intend to give a long overdue 3% raise to teachers because they are losing quality teachers looking for better pay. They have no choice but to pay the required Robinhood money. Do your research! And yes, bond money is a totally different animal, but that's been explained over & over. If you care one whit about our kids, you will vote yes.
dpmom

Deer Park, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2012

dpmom wrote:
<quoted text>If DPISD doesn't get the tax increase we will see MANY drastic cuts including but not limited to, athletics, fine arts, electives, aides, librarians, and nurses. They fully intend to give a long overdue 3% raise to teachers because they are losing quality teachers looking for better pay. They have no choice but to pay the required Robinhood money. Do your research! And yes, bond money is a totally different animal, but that's been explained over & over. If you care one whit about our kids, you will vote yes.
Sorry, ibuiltthis that was directed to others not you.
dpmom

Deer Park, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2012

Judged:

Voter wrote:
Be sure to vote no on any tax increase!
http://www.yourhoustonnews.com/deer_park/news...
VOTE YES if you don't want to see everything in our schools stripped to just core subjects. Kids need the fine arts, librarians, nurses, and athletics!
Defiant1

Deer Park, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2012

Judged:

Hezekiah wrote:
Public education should be completely privatized.
I hate paying school taxes to provide the entitlements for the ignorant children of Teabagger bigots. When are these pasty-faced peckerwoods going to take responsibility for schooling their own despicable spawn.
Public education should be abolished completely if your Food Stamp President gets re-elected. Being a welfare bum doesn't require an education.
Voter

Pasadena, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2012

Judged:

They have money to build a new school, admin bldg, press boxes....not no but H#$l No! They need to learn to manage the money they have! Spending and spending has caused this problem. If we vote this in they will only ask for more in the future. My vote is no to any tax increase!!No New taxes!!
noathletics

Jasper, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2012

Judged:

We can't afdford aathletics and remember when you pass that bond money that is one reason they are going to raise taxes. (5 million press box) Our teachers and staff are used to getting everything they ask for no matter what it cost.
Plenty already

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2012

Judged:

The school district has plenty already. Bond money is paid for by the taxpayers,it is not free money. It is time to cut the purse stings and start spending more wisely. NO NO NO on more taxes!
dpmom

Deer Park, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2012

Judged:

Puleeze, arm yourselves with the real truth of what is to come. Thanks to Rick Perry the district has been using their rainy day fund, but they cannot continue to do so and keep good teachers. Teachers are way underpaid and their insurance increased even more this year. Expect DP schools to go to hell in a hand basket if this doesn't pass. Your choice.
dpmom

Deer Park, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 11, 2012

Judged:

Plenty already wrote:
The school district has plenty already. Bond money is paid for by the taxpayers,it is not free money. It is time to cut the purse stings and start spending more wisely. NO NO NO on more taxes!
Where do you get that they have plenty already? Did you know that they have been on a hiring freeze the last couple of years? Did you know that many jobs have been cut already and they will keep doing so? They don't have PLENTY of money. There is not a school district in the entire state of Texas that has PLENTY of money. Look at Pearland ISD and Fort Bend ISD. They have cut librarians, nurses, aides, etc and that is exactly what DPISD will do. They have already trimmed teachers and aides as much as they can. Teachers have 30 plus students to a class. It's ridiculous and will only get worse.
TaxWhore

Cypress, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2012

Judged:

dpmom wrote:
<quoted text>
Where do you get that they have plenty already? Did you know that they have been on a hiring freeze the last couple of years? Did you know that many jobs have been cut already and they will keep doing so? They don't have PLENTY of money. There is not a school district in the entire state of Texas that has PLENTY of money. Look at Pearland ISD and Fort Bend ISD. They have cut librarians, nurses, aides, etc and that is exactly what DPISD will do. They have already trimmed teachers and aides as much as they can. Teachers have 30 plus students to a class. It's ridiculous and will only get worse.
I hope you are right and it does get worse.
Getting worse is the only thing that will make sheeple like yourself realize that the idiots running our school districts are clueless and have got to go. I voted against the last school bond because we didn't need a bigger damn press box and didn't need Adair's palace they built either but you nimwits voted for it just like you'll vote for the tax increase. Make the idiot's manage with what they have just like the rest of us do don't vote no, VOTE HELL NO!!!
TaxWhore

Cypress, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2012

dpmom wrote:
<quoted text>
VOTE YES if you don't want to see everything in our schools stripped to just core subjects. Kids need the fine arts, librarians, nurses, and athletics!
Typical fear mongering... gimme a break
dpmom

Deer Park, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2012

Judged:

TaxWhore wrote:
<quoted text>Typical fear mongering... gimme a break
Baaaaaa. Don't lump me in with those that voted for bond $$ because I wasn't one of them. I agree, it was a stupid move for them to build that monstrosity. I do agree though with them using it for school building improvements. Too bad they didn't spread the wealth to some of the other schools that are literally falling apart. The facts remain though that bond money is not the same thing.
sorry

Houston, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 12, 2012

Judged:

I am sorry but I can not afford anymore tax increases or fees. The city has tapped me out.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of144
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••

Air Quality Alert for Harris County was issued at April 18 at 1:07PM CDT

•••
•••
•••
•••

Shoreacres Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Shoreacres People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE