Man flown to UK after Ky. 192 wreck

Apr 6, 2010 Full story: Commonwealth Journal 13

Three people, including the son of a local school board member, were injured yesterday in an early morning accident that occurred east of Somerset.

Full Story
MPI

London, KY

#1 Apr 7, 2010
Another Young man in a hurry to go nowhere. He may not be so lucky the next time. So now another out of State couple has to rent a car to get back home to Ohio.
hmm

Brownsville, TN

#2 Apr 8, 2010
rent a car?? is that seriously all you care about? screw the car! the young man was hurt, if anyone is "lucky" it would be the people from ohio! if this was your family would you write something like this? NO you wouldnt. accidents happen. the best thing for you to do is get off the computer and pray! pray for yourself to be forgiven, and pray for the young man!!!
RETIRED2

London, KY

#3 Apr 9, 2010
Read what I said again. He was in a hurry to go nowhere, that meant that he passed on a double yellow line and was speeding way over the 55 mile speed limit. Therefore he caused the accident that sholuld have nevcer happened in the first place. there are alot of drivers that don't give a hoot about anyone or thing, just there own selves. ANd YOU put YOURSELf in the others person's place. They, meaning in this case the people from Ohio, had unexpected expense caused by another YOUNG driver here in PULASKI COUNTY, KY.
hmm

Brownsville, TN

#4 Apr 9, 2010
like i said accidents happen... maybe something happened that made him cross the line! and once again who cares about a car? its replaceable! if they have insurance im sure it didnt cost them a thing!!! it doesnt matter what happen or whos fault it is... someone could have been KILLED! you get on here and run your mouth about this young man when all anyone should be doing is praying for him! just remember this could have been your family and i know you wouldnt want anyone writing something about them! apparently all that is important to you is money! you must be one lonely person
RETIRED2

London, KY

#5 Apr 9, 2010
You have had your say, I've had mine. You have a great day.
lol

United States

#6 Apr 14, 2010
he acctually was not passin any one he was not doing anything wrong he was headin home to complete home work befor class he just dozed the ohio famliy is not up set they are concerned about meece and his well being
well

Jamestown, KY

#7 Apr 17, 2010
RETIRED2 wrote:
Read what I said again. He was in a hurry to go nowhere, that meant that he passed on a double yellow line and was speeding way over the 55 mile speed limit. Therefore he caused the accident that sholuld have nevcer happened in the first place. there are alot of drivers that don't give a hoot about anyone or thing, just there own selves. ANd YOU put YOURSELf in the others person's place. They, meaning in this case the people from Ohio, had unexpected expense caused by another YOUNG driver here in PULASKI COUNTY, KY.
get your facts straight. he fell asleep at the wheel. could have happened to anyone coming home from work.
RETIRED2

London, KY

#8 Apr 17, 2010
When He almost hit me, he was very wide awake, and yeah he did pass on a double yellow line and yeah, he was speeding. And yeah, He was at fault. This is a chargeable accident against his Insurance, Not the Older Persons in the 2010 Ford Pickup. It could have me that he hit, I had to take evasive actions to avoid being hit. Hwy 192 is becoming a regular race track. Now warmer weather has already brought out the crouch rocket motorcycles with the same 3, sometimes 4, trying to break the sound barrier bewteen 914 and Cherry Grove road. Lets pray that there will not be a repeat of E.Hwy 80 and Hwy 692 Motorcycle accident.
I agree

AOL

#9 Apr 18, 2010
We live up 192 and get passed at unbelievable speeds all the time. We are not driving slow and we get passed by people who must be doing 60 around those curves. They pass on blind curves sometimes. I can't believe there are not more accidents than there are. I don't think a day goes by that I don't see somebody flying up or down the hill passing everything in sight. There are 3 mortorcycles with 3 different colors who are the most dangerous that I have ever seen and we have traveled extensely throughout the United States. My husband stopped at the market after they flew past us going at least 80+ and saw them at the market and he gave them a lecture about what they were doing(he has never ever felt compelled to talk to somebody about their driving before but he was so sure somebody was going to die he felt he had to at least attempt to talk to them). My husband told them that they could be the best driver in the world but if something dives out in front of them they would end up dead at those speeds. My husband used to have a mortorcycle and was almost killed one time when he hit a chicken that ran across the road. These guys don't look very old and I would not be a bit surprised if one of them ends up dead if they don't quit driving like that. I don't know if they still live at home but if they do their parents should be taking their bikes away from them. These mortorcycles drive like this all the way up 192 to the market past the 13 mile marker. It is always the same 3 guys that we have seen. The one guy came very close to clipping our truck and that is why my husband stopped to lecture them. Young guys think they are invincible and it is unfortunate that it takes a bad accident to learn that driving that fast is not worth the consequences.
Retired2

London, KY

#10 Apr 18, 2010
If one wrecks, He will take out the other 2 in a heart beat. Then the parents can untangle whats left of their mangled dead bodies. No more Yellow, no more Blue, no more black motorcycles. Now, they each have a female passenger to harm, as was the case this past weekend. I seen a black motorcycle dump the rider near Grundy and 192. His brakes locked up. This happened this past week. He was lucky that he was slowing down to stop. Looked like more damage to bike than to him.
I agree

AOL

#11 Apr 19, 2010
When we have seen them they were without passengers but they did look young enough to me to be living with their parents but maybe not.
nog hater

Somerset, KY

#12 Apr 22, 2010
if ur from ohio your better off doa anyway. its like god putting them out of their misery!!!
Facts of Life

London, KY

#13 Aug 2, 2010
nog hater wrote:
if ur from ohio your better off doa anyway. its like god putting them out of their misery!!!
Well thats funny as heck to me .. a lot of people that live in Ohio are from right here Kentucky, How do you think they all know about these lakes ..they grew up here and moved to Ohio where people work for real money. Thats why Ohioans elect democrats into office, they support the working man, the unions, not the big business and business owners. They actually have labor rights in Ohio. you should educate yourself and look into what little labor rights you have in Ky.(Oh thats right, most people around here do not work, the taxpayers pay for them to live on disability, while they work a cash paying job)and compare union wages from Ohio to Ky.But as for construction they charge the same price per square foot as most contractors in Ky. but the hourly wages are meanial compared to Ohio. They are practically double what a worker makes in Kentucky. Car insurance is doulbe here from Ohio due to all the uninsured drivers. Funnier thing is .. i never heard of someone being so idiotic as to crush a pill and snort it up thier nose till I moved here from Ohio ..and all the forty year old men chasing after teenage girls around here. So who needs to be put out of thier misery now ? This is the typical case of the kettle trying to call the pot black right here .. lol

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Shopville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Luner Music Thread Jan '15 Musikologist 1
Vanhook Music Thread (Feb '14) Jan '15 Musikologist 4
Shopville Music Forum (Mar '13) Jan '15 Musikologist 8
Valley Oak Music Thread (Aug '14) Dec '14 Musikologist 3
Stab Music Thread (Apr '14) Dec '14 Musikologist 4
barb lawson Oct '14 concerned citizen 1
Pongo Music Thread (Feb '14) Oct '14 Musikologist 3
Shopville Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web