Large outlets mall planned on I-64 near Simpsonville

Apr 4, 2012 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Courier-Journal

When a poet once said, to paraphrase a bit, "When the soft showers of April pierce to the root the... A Michigan developer has filed plans with the Army Corps of Engineers in Louisville to build a large outlet shopping mall along Interstate 64 at the Simpsonville exit in Shelby County just east of the Jefferson County line.

Comments
1 - 12 of 12 Comments Last updated Jun 23, 2013
yes

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2012

I think its a great idea ppl in shelby county need some more variety when it comes to stores without having to drive to st matthews. It will also give for a place for teens to hang out and hopefully stay out of trouble

“Are you really that stupid?”

Since: Mar 12

Fort Knox, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 7, 2012

It's a nice idea except that most of the outlet malls in the region are already half empty and don't contain 'real' outlets. But if it helps the area out, go for it.
Billy Bob

Louisville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 8, 2012

Judged:

Anything that will keep the Hispanic crowd out of the St Matthews Mall would be greatly appreciated. Mall St Matthews is looking a lot like the old Bashford Manor Mall.
uncleT0m

Bowling Green, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2012

Judged:

Billy Bob wrote:
Anything that will keep the Hispanic crowd out of the St Matthews Mall would be greatly appreciated. Mall St Matthews is looking a lot like the old Bashford Manor Mall.
you racist cus!
Hu Flung Dung

Richmond, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2012

This is a great ideas. Have you ever went to the outlet center in Dry Ridge, KY? How about Georgetown, KY? How about Columbus, IN? They are all EMPTY. VACANT! Why do you stupid people think that this would work in Shelbyville.

Plus those are some great jobs! 8.00 per hour jobs for part time and $10.00 per hour if you are a manager.
Hoarie

Georgetown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 9, 2012

Judged:

I heard this will be the Shelby County Flea Market - WEST.... It will become the new little mexico!
Houston

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 15, 2012

Judged:

Hu Flung Dung wrote:
This is a great ideas. Have you ever went to the outlet center in Dry Ridge, KY? How about Georgetown, KY? How about Columbus, IN? They are all EMPTY. VACANT! Why do you stupid people think that this would work in Shelbyville.
Plus those are some great jobs! 8.00 per hour jobs for part time and $10.00 per hour if you are a manager.

Because Shelby Co. is between the capital and the largest city in Kentucky, Louisville. Perfect place. Don't be a Debbie Downer.
flint

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 5, 2012

Judged:

Hu Flung Dung wrote:
. Those are not true outlet malls! This propsed outlet mall will consist of many upscale stores and I seriously doubt they would go under anytime soon. These stores will attract people from all over the state and surrounding states.
Poppypuff

Mooresville, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2012

Judged:

Hoarie wrote:
I heard this will be the Shelby County Flea Market - WEST.... It will become the new little mexico!
Really? Why all the hatefulness? Why are you mad that there are people from a different race coming to the area to spend their checks? Their money "ain't white enough for ya?" You and billy bob need to get together and go jump off a bridge
Poppypuff

Mooresville, NC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 10, 2012

uncleT0m wrote:
<quoted text>
you racist cus!
Right? Hateful
qwerty

Louisville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 23, 2013

This thread is a waste of time.
Shopoholic

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 23, 2013

They will be here by 2014!! I work in shelbyville and I'm positive ill frequent there. I don't care what color people shop there either!! I for one cannot wait. This is going to bring jobs and more traffic to Shelby County as well. It will also save people from Henry Franklin and Shelby a trip to Louisville and Lexington for a fun shopping trip.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
Shively Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Shively Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Shively People Search