I-65N shut down near mile marker 87 due to fatal accident

Feb 23, 2011 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: WHAS11

The scene in Hardin County is particularly gruesome and police have put up tarps to block the view of a fatal accident involving an out-of-state SUV and a FedEX semi on Interstate 65.

Comments
1 - 20 of 37 Comments Last updated Mar 5, 2013
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
wondering

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2011

Judged:

Was this a van load of minonites also? Looks like the van was full!

“Turn your ****ing brain on”

Since: Feb 11

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2011

Judged:

wondering wrote:
Was this a van load of minonites also? Looks like the van was full!
Will you just **** off and die?

There are three kids dead. Two kids in hospital. Two adults in hospital.

Only a sick, stupid c*** would make the post you did after that happened. Do everyone a favor and just kill yourself.
wondering

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2011

Christopher Hitchens wrote:
<quoted text>
Will you just **** off and die?
There are three kids dead. Two kids in hospital. Two adults in hospital.
Only a sick, stupid c*** would make the post you did after that happened. Do everyone a favor and just kill yourself.
what a dumb ass I was just simply asking a question, they usually travel in vans early, we just were wondering. It is sad none the less, your the quick tempered devil loving idiot who needs to go kill themselves, geesh what a loser!! get a life dude!!

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2011

Judged:

Why would you ask if they are minorities? What difference does it make whether they were minorities or a family going on a day trip with friends?
helping

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2011

Judged:

Christopher Hitchens wrote:
Why would you ask if they are minorities? What difference does it make whether they were minorities or a family going on a day trip with friends?
The person was asking if they were Mennonites (or Amish) not minorities. I don't think they meant it to be offensive.

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2011

Judged:

If the original poster was asking if they were Mennonite's then I apologise for my overly aggressive post.

I just figured the post was another in the long line of racist posts that have appeared recently. Given the deaths of children I found that offensive and reacted in the manner that I did.
always

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2011

That last bad fatal accident involving children was a van with a Mennonite family. The saddest part of today's wreck? The 3 children who died were NOT in seat belts and were ejected from the car. The 2 younger kids were in car seats.

People....BELT your kids in the car!! ALWAYS!
justsaying

Vine Grove, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2011

always wrote:
That last bad fatal accident involving children was a van with a Mennonite family. The saddest part of today's wreck? The 3 children who died were NOT in seat belts and were ejected from the car. The 2 younger kids were in car seats.
People....BELT your kids in the car!! ALWAYS!
Amen. You said it:

PEOPLE: Buckle your children up for God sake's. Though they were from the Chicago area and didn't know Kentucky law: why the adults were buckled up and the children weren't? OMG, I hope they all recover and God helps them through this tragedy. May we all learn something from this..never put the car in motion until everyone is buckled up. Seatbelts save lives. I hope everyone will pray for this family, the truck driver from Louisville, and all the First Responders at the scene. How sad. God Bless them all.
Heidi

Oswego, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2011

I am from Chicago and was stuck in the traffic back up for 2 hours. It is law in Illinois to buckle up. Front seat and back seat. And car seats or boosters are required up to 80lbs. Very sad and unfortunate accident.

“Hi there”

Since: Jun 08

The Hill

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2011

Dear jesus,why werent the children belted and or using child restraints ? I always buckle up as soon as i get in the car,no excuses to not do it.Kids sometimes fight the seatbelt but they dont know any better,we do.I imagine the truck driver prob feels like crap....
So sad

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2011

how sad! What a horrible tragedy!!! Sandy you said it!! I don't understand why you wouldn't buckle your babies!! My son hates being confined in his car seat but like you said children don't understand the importance, we as adults do!! I don't care how much he hates it, it's for his own safety. Nobody knows if things would of been different today if they all had belts on but they def would of had a chance of staying in the vehicle rather than being thrown from it. My heart aches for everyone involved!! Thoughts and prayers for all families and friends of the victims!!!:(
sad

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 23, 2011

Judged:

There is no sense in placing blame. Seatbelt or not, there a several people dead and others in critical condition. These families need prayers, not a blame game.
always

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 24, 2011

I don't think these statements were meant as blame. I know in my case, I just can't believe there are still ppl who don't buckle their kids. I'm not saying anyone deserved to die. I'm saying you never know WHEN an accident will happen. Anyone reading this post needs to be reminded that seat belts save lives.

The mother of the kids is now out of the hospital. Only the man (whose wedding they'd been at in FL) is still in hospital.
sad

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 24, 2011

my heart goes out to the familes and to everyone involved my prayers are with you i can't began to understand how this mother feels or the other driver , all i can say is through god all things are possible , even though we don't always understand never give up and keep the faith and stay in prayer god bless you all
whatever

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2011

justsaying wrote:
<quoted text>
Amen. You said it:
PEOPLE: Buckle your children up for God sake's. Though they were from the Chicago area and didn't know Kentucky law: why the adults were buckled up and the children weren't? OMG, I hope they all recover and God helps them through this tragedy. May we all learn something from this..never put the car in motion until everyone is buckled up. Seatbelts save lives. I hope everyone will pray for this family, the truck driver from Louisville, and all the First Responders at the scene. How sad. God Bless them all.
I would say that early in the morning & the length of the trip they were laying sleeping in the back seats. We done it when we went to florida...we prefer to travel at night when the kids can sleep & not dwell on the long trip however this really is an eye opener...tragic...
The Lord God Almighty

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2011

Judged:

sad wrote:
all i can say is through god all things are possible , even though we don't always understand never give up and keep the faith and stay in prayer god bless you all
Will you stop stalking me and bugging me to do stuff for you?

Listen, I knew this was going to happen. I could have stopped it, I decided not to bother. So why do you think I'm going to help ease the pain when I didn't care about them dying?
ON SCENE

Sonora, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2011

Judged:

THIS IS TO ALL YOU FOLKS THAT ARE FULL OF QUESTIONS. I WAS THERE, I SAW THE TRAGEDY IN PERSON. IT IS NOTHING ANY ONE EVER WANTS TO SEE. IT DOES NOT MATTER WHAT HAPPENED, IT HAPPENED. OUR FIRST RESPONDERS DO NEED THE PRAYERS OF THOSE WHO CARE. TO THE LORD GOD ALMIGHTY- YOU ARE ONE SICK HUMAN. THE LORD THAT I SERVE WOULD NEVER RESPOND TO THIS SITUATION IN THE WAY THAT YOU HAVE IMPLIED. HE WAS THERE, I COULD FEEL HIM. COULD I SEE HIM NO WAY, THE CHILDREN PROBABLY NEVER KNEW WHAT HAPPENED. I ONLY HOPE THAT WHOMEVER YOU ARE, ARE AS PERFECT AS YOU THINK. WE ARE ALL HUMAN, WE ALL MAKE MISTAKES, MAY GOD'S LOVE BE EVER ABOUT YOU. OUR PRAYERS ARE WITH THE SURVIVORS AS THEY PREPARE FOR THE FUNRRALS. THIS SHOULD SERVE AS A REMINDER THAT WE HAVE NOT A PROMISE OF A TOMORROW.
So sad

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 25, 2011

This is heart wrenching!! I pray that god will give the family and friends strength and peace as they deal with this horrific tragedy. In my earlier post I was by no means playing a blame game. To always the man still in the hospital is the father, the 26 yr old that lost his life was the groom of the wedding. None the less such a tragedy!!!!
Citizen

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 2, 2011

Judged:

I worked the wreck it was horrible the minority comment was uncalled for no one should ever c what I saw
let it die

Elizabethtown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 6, 2011

Citizen wrote:
I worked the wreck it was horrible the minority comment was uncalled for no one should ever c what I saw
READ ON! They were trying to write Mennonite. Not minority. DUH!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
Shively Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Shively Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••