Ex-LMPD detective who killed man hired in Bardstown

Aug 11, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: The Courier-Journal

McKenzie Mattingly, the former Louisville Metro Police detective who was forced out of the department after shooting a 19-year-old in the back and killing him during a 2004 drug sting, has been hired by the Bardstown Police Department.

Comments (Page 4)

Showing posts 61 - 80 of115
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
PAd.

Bardstown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2013

just saying wrote:
u all get on here and bitch about the cops on here they have a hard job trying to protect people and keep crime down if u get smart are try to fight and raise hell with the cops they will do the same to u all they ask is give them a little respect and u will get it back my nephew got locked up here not to long ago and the two cops that arrested him was good to him why be caused he gave them respect and they was the same with him so shut up and take a walk in there shoes for one day not all of them are bad give them a break all topic is good for is so people can get on here and bitch this topic page should be taking of the internet
Go back to school and learn to read and write before you try to school me on policing, a subject which I have a Bachelor of Science in.
Dr feel

Bardstown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2013

I have a Bachelor of Science in Policing? Translation: One who is a cowardly chicken shit unable and unwilling to do a cops job yet spouts off at the mouth talking about Police work.
PAd

Bardstown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2013

Dr feel wrote:
I have a Bachelor of Science in Policing? Translation: One who is a cowardly chicken shit unable and unwilling to do a cops job yet spouts off at the mouth talking about Police work.
not even going to respond to your ignorance.
just saying

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2013

Dr feel wrote:
just saying how people can get on here and bash the police and everyone else and i am not on here trying to do there job are any thing really just saying if you show them respect they will show u a little respect and i am not a chicken i was just trying to be nice thats all but since you are trying to Say i am running my mouth kiss my ass reread it i am not trying to be mean I WAS TRYING TO SHOW A LITTLE RESPECT AND A CAUSE ALL YOU SEE ON HERE IS HATE AND TALKING BAD ABOUT EVERY ONE ON HERE SO SORRY IF U THINK SOME IS TRYING TO SAY SOMETHING WRONG ARE DO THERE JOB
wtf

Williamston, SC

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2013

PAd wrote:
<quoted text>not even going to respond to your ignorance.
And yet, you did.
Observing

Louisville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2013

I agree with others. Walk the walk and obey the law, strap on a duty belt and interact with the thugfucks, or take a bullet. Hopefully more than one. Those are your choices. Whining about the LEOs on topix is just too pussy.
Oh, and what the hell is a degree in "policing"? That's just stupid.
Bob

Bardstown, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2013

Michael Newby wrote:
I see that u avoided my question.
If you're the LMPD Chief of Police, u fire him:
LMPD chief Robert White said, "From my perspective what's the most important thing is McKenzie Mattingly is not a police officer in our department and that goal was met today."
http://www.brown-watch.com/police-brutality-w...
Robert White also said this:“Specifically, I felt that Michael Newby was not an immediate threat to the officer’s life or his physical well-being. Nor was any other person in the area clearly in immediate danger because of Newby’s actions,” White said.
Newby was the seventh black man killed by police in the past five years in Louisville.
The rest of the story is...after his firing the administration of Mayor Abrahmson apporached Mattingly and utlitmately paid him $70 in backpay, rehired him, and he immediately resigned. The reason...their firing of him was premature and they new after his vindication, by a Louisville jury, they were going to be forced to reinstate him. Luckily, for them Mattingly had the wind taken out of his sails by a murder trial and was more than willing to be paid $70K to not work for Chief White anymore. It's public record, if you don't beleive me.
John Masters

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2013

Observing wrote:
I agree with others. Walk the walk and obey the law, strap on a duty belt and interact with the thugfucks, or take a bullet. Hopefully more than one. Those are your choices. Whining about the LEOs on topix is just too pussy.
Oh, and what the hell is a degree in "policing"? That's just stupid.
Murder is not right... if we can't even agree on that, what kind of "civilization" do we have? Is this civilization? Seems like police riot anarchy.
Observing

Louisville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 8, 2013

John Masters wrote:
<quoted text>
Murder is not right... if we can't even agree on that, what kind of "civilization" do we have? Is this civilization? Seems like police riot anarchy.
No, murder isn't right, regardless of the person committing the act. Civilization? There is so very little of anything civilized anymore. Animals choose to behave like animals and bad animals often find themselves at the end of either a needle or a gun barrel. That doesn't bother me a bit. It shouldn't bother any civilized person. When a thugfuck ceases to exist, at least one civilized person has been spared a bad and likely deadly encounter. The court system is responsible, after the family. The family permits thugfuck behavior to grow unchecked and the court system nurtures it instead of punishing it. We need gulags instead of the country clubs that criminals enjoy now. Newby chose his path of destruction. Had Mattingly not dispatched his ass to hell, then someone soon would have. No loss. He was simply prevented from killing an innocent person. Assuming he had not already. Don't permit the media, the agenda motivated, and the simple minded convince you that criminals are worth more they they are worth. They aren't. They adversely impact "good" people. Mattingly protects "good" people. Newby would have never protected anyone and no one need ever worry about him.
John Masters

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 8, 2013

Murder is wrong.

“Sixteen Tons”

Since: Dec 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

John Masters wrote:
Murder is wrong.
So is dealing drugs and murdering millions of children each year.
John Masters

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

Ur a hypocrite... u only hate black people, b/c u say NOTHING about the pharamcuetical companies, or the alcohol companies, or military industrial complex, or prison industrial complex, whose murdering millions...

And NOW, you're saying that Michael Newby murders "millions of children each year"? Wow... ur desperate, I can tell, and I hope somebody u know, somebody u love, gets what that "cop" gave to him. Then we'll see how u feel.
Observing

Louisville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

Take a breath man, you're delusional. Sure pharma is bad. Same as dozens of other entities that prey upon folks. With that stated, scumbags are scumbags. Big or small, few or many, black , white , or any other race or ethnicity. I guess the two thugfucks that had thier crime spree thwarted this past weekend were good scumbags, right? They discharged thier weapons during some robberies, but they had not shot anyone yet. Yet. They would have. Thier lives were spared, but only because thier luck had not run out yet. Look. The little dogshits are just as bad to step into as the big ones. I'm wondering if you would think differently if newby had killed your child or parent in his failed attempt to escape facing his future. Mattingly saved someone's life besides his own. Perhaps many lives. And it only cost one thugfuck. That ain't racist, that's reality. I know the difference. All of us need to learn the difference.
John Masters

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

Mattingly IS a thugfk, and he's murderin... so, that makes him a bad guy... only a racist would defend him, b/c they dont think a black person's life matters. That incident at the mall sounds bad, but it's not the same as this one. I don't see why the Police Chief would stand up against his own, unless he knew that he was in the wrong, which he was, since now, one's dead, forever, and when you take away a person's life, you take away everything they are, and ever will be. Michael Newby will be forever young, and nothing he was doing was endangering anybody's life. To see if things are fair, reverse the situation. So, say Mattingly was selling alcohol, does that mean he should be shot and killed? What if he had a gun? Don't he have a gun? Isn't there places that sell alcohol? How much hypocrisy can one tolerate?
Observing

Louisville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

Okay. Give the racist twist a rest for a minute. Way back in 2008 a thugfuck kid in a stolen car killed four teenagers during his attempt to escape. Being a kid, he would have only received a stern warning and countless breaks had he stopped, but he chose to ultimately kill four others. The end point is that these punks made choices. They could have stopped, but chose not to risk ending their criminal career just yet. Stop attempting to ignore the spark that starts the wildfire. The trees aren't to blame because they burned. Intelligent consideration reveals that. Try it.
John Masters

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

Wat do u think was Newby's crime ?
Observing

Louisville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

Oh, and being such a "good" kid, why was newby packing a .45? No. He would have NEVER hurt anyone.
Observing

Louisville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

John Masters wrote:
Wat do u think was Newby's crime ?
Truly? Not choosing to live longer. That was his crime. And he's paying the penalty for a bad choice. If I choose to drunk it up and drive, kill myself doing it, then I will have made my choice. No difference.
John Masters

Lexington, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

Does that mean, u don't know ? Hey, watch Alex Jones tirade on the Piers Morgan show: http://www.youtube.com/watch...
Observing

Louisville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 9, 2013

I do know. I answered your question. You, however, avoid doing the same. A simple man's excuse. I don't understand the question. Later.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 61 - 80 of115
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••

Air Quality Alert for Jefferson County was issued at July 22 at 3:56AM EDT

•••
•••
•••
•••

Shively Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Shively People Search