Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.

There are 81693 comments on the The Cincinnati Enquirer story from Jan 5, 2011, titled Hundreds of birds die in western Ky.. In it, The Cincinnati Enquirer reports that:

MURRAY, Ky. - State wildlife officials say "several hundred" dead birds were found near the Murray State University campus last week.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Cincinnati Enquirer.

Marke Twane

United States

#91116 Jul 24, 2013
childhood wrote:
A home remedy I have used many times for poison-ivy is bleach water. It helps to dry it up and helps stop the itch. I will even put bleach it the tub and take a bath in it. Just don't make the water too hot. This makes it feel worse instead of better. You will have to do it several days to completely dry up but, it helps. Hope this helps someone.
Another hint... to stop the itch of mosquito bites, just wash with soap and water. Run a soapy rag over the area good and rinse. Stops it every time!
It's not every day that you get a chance to post something here on Topix that might actually help someone.

I agree, for many years now, I have used a diluted chlorine bleach solution for poison ivy. It seems to work pretty well.

I have another home remedy to share. For sunburn rub apple cider vinegar all over the burned area. It stinks, but it will take the sting and hurt out. It always works really well for me.
betty

Vine Grove, KY

#91117 Jul 24, 2013
french toast with homemade butter pecan syrup :)....workin on that insulin resistance tonight guys
Mississippi Man

Olive Branch, MS

#91118 Jul 24, 2013
betty wrote:
french toast with homemade butter pecan syrup :)....workin on that insulin resistance tonight guys
Good Gosh Amighty!!! You just made my tongue go limp! Never had the homemade syrup but, yessir,...my favorite...Butter Pecan Ice Cream. But thanks to ye ole sugar problem, some of that good ice cream is a rarity, I'll say.( the Belle made a big pan of spagetti tonight with Italian sausage meatballs....yeah, YUM YUM!)
Ancient Wolf

Nicholasville, KY

#91119 Jul 25, 2013
63 degrees out there right now. I will need to retrain myself and dog to be able to hike a leg while wearing jammies and a house coat. It will be more difficult but I think we can handle it. It is easier to find the sweaty-sticky business in the hotter temperatures. LOL
Ancient Wolf

Nicholasville, KY

#91120 Jul 25, 2013
Old UNA would love this one. I saw on the local news where a guy was being arrested for turning a skunk loose in the restroom of a convenient market.

Since: Jul 13

Location hidden

#91122 Jul 25, 2013
little trees that don't bend in the breeze..

“Is who I am”

Since: Aug 08

Scottsville

#91123 Jul 25, 2013
Going to be another beautiful day! I hope you all are out enjoying it!
Imposter

Mount Vernon, KY

#91124 Jul 25, 2013
Ancient Wolf wrote:
Old UNA would love this one. I saw on the local news where a guy was being arrested for turning a skunk loose in the restroom of a convenient market.
I trapped a skunk a few years ago, caught her in a live trap. I was after a coon that was tearing up my garbage. I was going to relocate the coon way off somewhere.
But anyway...I came one hair of sneaking that skunk into the courthouse and letting her go in there LOL. Glad I thought better of it, I figured I'd end up in the pokey if I did that.
This whole county stinks of corruption anyways. That skunk wouldn't really have been out of place down there with the rest of those politician skunks.
Misty eyed

Louisa, KY

#91126 Jul 25, 2013
Out of Area wrote:
little trees that don't bend in the breeze..
Lol, that's just a matter of an opinion. I know, a small variety that moves whichever way it pleases.
Misty eyed

Louisa, KY

#91127 Jul 25, 2013
Ancient Wolf wrote:
63 degrees out there right now. I will need to retrain myself and dog to be able to hike a leg while wearing jammies and a house coat. It will be more difficult but I think we can handle it. It is easier to find the sweaty-sticky business in the hotter temperatures. LOL
hmmm, need you some long tailed nightshirts. I ordered several from Wintersilks.com for Partner. He liked the breeze; just didn't like the emasculated feeling...Suppose, it was too much like a dress. LMAO.
John

Richmond, KY

#91128 Jul 25, 2013
Misty eyed wrote:
<quoted text> hmmm, need you some long tailed nightshirts. I ordered several from Wintersilks.com for Partner. He liked the breeze; just didn't like the emasculated feeling...Suppose, it was too much like a dress. LMAO.
talk to the PR lady about this.
FRf

Heidrick, KY

#91129 Jul 25, 2013
Dr
Variety

United States

#91131 Jul 25, 2013
Pleasing yourself and other people instead of god.
K carter

Olive Hill, KY

#91132 Jul 25, 2013
Really why the birds
Anne

United States

#91133 Jul 25, 2013
Misty eyed wrote:
<quoted text> hmmm, need you some long tailed nightshirts. I ordered several from Wintersilks.com for Partner. He liked the breeze; just didn't like the emasculated feeling...Suppose, it was too much like a dress. LMAO.
Heeheehee! Don't think that my better half would even try on one of those long tailed nightshirts. Lol as you said, it would be too much like a dress for him
betty

Vine Grove, KY

#91134 Jul 25, 2013
that moment when you look to the right hand side of the topix page and you see your middle school gym teacher has a profile on the elizabethtown singles ad and his name is like....littlebuttfly6783.... and he is totally smooching up to the camera.
yep coulda went my whole life not seeing that one and woulda been just fine. off to go give the eyes a nice peroxide rinse.
have a great day tomorrow everyone. im doing the pay all my bills and marathon shopping thing....blah.
mouseunderthetab le

Louisville, KY

#91135 Jul 25, 2013
blah
Ancient Wolf

Nicholasville, KY

#91136 Jul 25, 2013
Misty eyed wrote:
I am either old enough, solo enough, or macho enough to not worry about what others may think of me. I wear loose cotton lounging pants and a house coat when the weather is cooler. Even been known to drop the house coat in lieu of a long sleeved tee and go to the Dollar Store. LOL Besides, I gave up on trying to win the beauty contest way back in 1978 LOL
qwerty

Buna, TX

#91137 Jul 26, 2013
Take a look around your socks today and think about how you can improve them. Even a toe jam would make a difference but you could be inspired to do a lot more than that. If you work from home, this is a super chance to take a nap. You could also be tempted to buy a snow cone machine.
Ancient Wolf

Nicholasville, KY

#91138 Jul 26, 2013
qwerty wrote:
Take a look around your socks today and think about how you can improve them. Even a toe jam would make a difference but you could be inspired to do a lot more than that. If you work from home, this is a super chance to take a nap. You could also be tempted to buy a snow cone machine.
I can easily avoid the snow cone machine temptation since it is 57 degrees and since I do not work from home, I only have enough money to buy a new pair of socks. But I will forego the socks and just go barefoot and let the chicken doo warm my toes.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Shively Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Trump for President, He will win. watch 55 min Common sense 1,899
Who knows lady who was just found murdered? 10 hr Titileane 58
Dawn Gee 10 hr Mike 5
You know what they say, once you go BLACK... (Jun '10) 13 hr poop skins 230
Sarah reece 15 hr Mekalyn 3
So many people who leave Kentucky, come back. ... (Jul '07) 19 hr Angel 463
Pissed off wife (Jan '16) Nov 16 Sympathetic 2

Shively Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance