created by: Guy Fawkes | Dec 5, 2011

Louisville, KY

103 votes

In the Civil War, Kentucky was...

Click on an option to vote

  • North
  • South
  • Neutral
  • Indian Territory
  • Nuked
  • Undiscovered
Comments
1 - 20 of 91 Comments Last updated Jan 30, 2013
First Prev
of 5
Next Last
Guy Fawkes

Louisville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Dec 5, 2011
 
Just a little test Ky...
Mr History

Florence, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Dec 6, 2011
 
Guy Fawkes wrote:
Just a little test Ky...
The truth of the matter is, the state of Kentucky carried a star on both flags and for a time was neutral for a time but as the war went on it became on the side on the north. How thee ever, many of the Kentuckians remained true to the
South.
union state

Mountain Home, AR

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Dec 6, 2011
 
kentucky was a union state
Guy Fawkes

Louisville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Dec 6, 2011
 

Judged:

3

3

3

Look u stupid fools... there were two governments... one went to Bowling Green, and lost their legitimacy, and one kept the Capitol... Lincoln put KY under martial law, and KY was Union basically the whole fken war. Then troops went home. That's it. It was over slavery. Look at the reasons given for South Carolina's secession. Slavery. Racism. The Plantation Porch is ideal South, like in Gone With The Wind, but its built with the blood of African martyrs, and it's not ironic to a person of color in America to see the clear contradictions of the South... keep the glamour... lose the racism... can u do that KY? Can't u take the best of both worlds? Be free... be independent... and stand against racial oppression, loud, and proud... say wit me now: I'm black and I'm proud.

So get out your history books, cuz most of yall dont no wat u talking bout! And LOUISVILLE was key in the Underground Railroad... sure Maysville was important, but Maysville also had gigantic Plantation houses, with the slave houses out back... it's the antebellum South... it's old... it's outdated... it's a model for land owners... most Kentuckians dont own land... most Kentuckians are poor and middle class, maybe own the land their house sits on, and enough for a car to park on, and for the kids to play... in a playpen, but not much more... so understand who you are... read what Marx said about the Civil War... he was right on the money... u have no idea, and Kentucky was pivotal, and it did effect Kentucky in lots of ways, mostly negative, because the inferiority feelings of having lost the war has never gone away, due to propaganda... it was slavery... and war wasn't necessary, but it happened, and it was a long time ago... nobody knows anybody from that far ago... it's not that recent... it's a hella long time ago... why would anybody care? Just an intellectual exercise? I mean... Lincoln nationalized America, and Marx loved it... he believed that Lincoln was bigger than George Washington in shaping American policy... and that's probably true... then he was assassinated... and that martyred him forever, with Whitman's "Oh Captain", but it also stopped his ideas, just like MLK's death did with his...

So Kentucky, South? North? No... it's in the fuken middle... get out a fuken map... and we got mountains... cities... coal... horses... and lots of poor people... and a few methheads... that's about it. I saw a school somewhere in between all of these corporations...
Mr History

Florence, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Dec 7, 2011
 

Judged:

4

3

3

Guy Fawkes wrote:
Look u stupid fools... there were two governments... one went to Bowling Green, and lost their legitimacy, and one kept the Capitol... Lincoln put KY under martial law, and KY was Union basically the whole fken war. Then troops went home. That's it. It was over slavery. Look at the reasons given for South Carolina's secession. Slavery. Racism. The Plantation Porch is ideal South, like in Gone With The Wind, but its built with the blood of African martyrs, and it's not ironic to a person of color in America to see the clear contradictions of the South... keep the glamour... lose the racism... can u do that KY? Can't u take the best of both worlds? Be free... be independent... and stand against racial oppression, loud, and proud... say wit me now: I'm black and I'm proud.
So get out your history books, cuz most of yall dont no wat u talking bout! And LOUISVILLE was key in the Underground Railroad... sure Maysville was important, but Maysville also had gigantic Plantation houses, with the slave houses out back... it's the antebellum South... it's old... it's outdated... it's a model for land owners... most Kentuckians dont own land... most Kentuckians are poor and middle class, maybe own the land their house sits on, and enough for a car to park on, and for the kids to play... in a playpen, but not much more... so understand who you are... read what Marx said about the Civil War... he was right on the money... u have no idea, and Kentucky was pivotal, and it did effect Kentucky in lots of ways, mostly negative, because the inferiority feelings of having lost the war has never gone away, due to propaganda... it was slavery... and war wasn't necessary, but it happened, and it was a long time ago... nobody knows anybody from that far ago... it's not that recent... it's a hella long time ago... why would anybody care? Just an intellectual exercise? I mean... Lincoln nationalized America, and Marx loved it... he believed that Lincoln was bigger than George Washington in shaping American policy... and that's probably true... then he was assassinated... and that martyred him forever, with Whitman's "Oh Captain", but it also stopped his ideas, just like MLK's death did with his...
So Kentucky, South? North? No... it's in the fuken middle... get out a fuken map... and we got mountains... cities... coal... horses... and lots of poor people... and a few methheads... that's about it. I saw a school somewhere in between all of these corporations...
The North would have never went to war to free the slaves because they could have never raised a white army to do that. Only 6% of the South owned slaves and they could have never raised a white army to keep the slaves. The North went to war to bring the South back into the Union. Slavery didn't become an issue in the Civil War until two years after the Civil War began. I have a History Degree and have studied much about the Civil War. I would reccomend you read a book by historian Kennith M. Stampp "And The War Came" about the great senatorial debate of 1824. You will find the real reason of the Civil War. Don't misunderstand me, SLAVERY was wrong and a blemish on this country. however it was not the reason for the Civil War.
Guy Fawkes

Louisville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Dec 7, 2011
 

Judged:

2

2

2

Slavery WAS the reason for the Civil War... any dope could see that! How dum r u? Look at my methodology... who was the first state in the South to secede? South Carolina. Why did they secede? Well, they wrote it all out on paper. Just read it. It says for 10 reasons... number 1... slavery... number 2... slavery, and so on. And some folks say it was for "state's rights", and while freedom and independence are admirable goals, the only reason the business elite of the Southern Plantation system wanted state's rights was so they could keep their "peculiar institution". And don't forget that slavery was justified with Christianity's Bible. So before you so "you're wrong"... come at me with a method, or a starting point... without evidence, am I just supposed to take your word for it?
Scarecrow

Shepherdsville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Dec 7, 2011
 

Judged:

2

1

1

Johnny -- give it a rest. It's Christmas, no one wants to think about the history of racism. People are interested in buying presents for their families. You must really be fu**ed up to keep grinding on this. Let me make it simple for you, NO ONE GIVES A SH**, STFU.
Mr History

Florence, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
Dec 7, 2011
 

Judged:

2

2

1

Guy Fawkes wrote:
Slavery WAS the reason for the Civil War... any dope could see that! How dum r u? Look at my methodology... who was the first state in the South to secede? South Carolina. Why did they secede? Well, they wrote it all out on paper. Just read it. It says for 10 reasons... number 1... slavery... number 2... slavery, and so on. And some folks say it was for "state's rights", and while freedom and independence are admirable goals, the only reason the business elite of the Southern Plantation system wanted state's rights was so they could keep their "peculiar institution". And don't forget that slavery was justified with Christianity's Bible. So before you so "you're wrong"... come at me with a method, or a starting point... without evidence, am I just supposed to take your word for it?
It was all about the imbalance of power in congress. This imbalance allowed the North to pass an export on textiles and since the South exported 90% of it's cotton they would pay 75% of the countries export tax. There was no tax on the 10% of the cotton that the North got from the South because it wasn't exported. It went to the Northern textile mills and very little of there goods were exported. The Missouri Compromise and the Kansas Nebraska Act is what caused the imbalance of power in congress. Before that time the North could pass no laws that was unfair to the South and the South could pass no unfair laws against the North. The power in congress was equal. Don't act like a racist Negro and do your homework.
Mr History

Florence, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
Dec 7, 2011
 

Judged:

2

1

1

Scarecrow wrote:
Johnny -- give it a rest. It's Christmas, no one wants to think about the history of racism. People are interested in buying presents for their families. You must really be fu**ed up to keep grinding on this. Let me make it simple for you, NO ONE GIVES A SH**, STFU.
Just because you don't care about the subject or you don't have the education to understand the subject matter doesn't mean other people feel the same way. Now go away and play with your jingle bells.
Rise Up

Louisville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
Dec 7, 2011
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Let the South rise again!
Guy Fawkes

Louisville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
Dec 7, 2011
 

Judged:

2

2

2

U see, the only people who believe in a revisionist approach to the Civil War are racists... and don't forget, the Pilgrams were against Christmas... so don't tread on me boetch...

Sure you know stuff, but you're book is written by a racist author...

The Civil War was about Slavery... it was fought over slavery... that was the issue that the South was defending... who has a strong loyalty to Steve Beshear? Please... those who speak about Civil War are racists... it happened a million years ago... get over yourselves... perhaps there's an argument that says murder is worse than slavery, but to change history just to fit your racist perspectives is ridiculous.

...and no Scarecrow... u P.O.W.S., knowing your history is not being racist... though if you do read American history, you will see how Capitalism/Racism/American Imperialism has been here and proud since 1492. U will not shut me up... u waste your breath to censor others... how about offering us something read, and stop being a bully...

..."twas his intent"...
Guy Fawkes

Louisville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
Dec 7, 2011
 

Judged:

2

2

1

Watch the racism wyte Kentucky puts their own women through. It's ridiculous and stupid, and who wants to be with a person that just hates on other groups of people? In fact, I think wyte racists are fascinated by black folks, and instead of admitting how impressed they are, with their manhood, confidence, etc., instead, they get scared, and nervous... just watch Michael Moore's "Fahrenheit 9/11" to see how the scared Puritans kept the wytes reaching for guns, and killing off brown and black peoples.

http://www.youtube.com/watch...

Yeah right... wyte racists even hate themselves... they hate their own women... f u racists... f u all!
Mr History

Florence, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
Dec 7, 2011
 

Judged:

3

3

3

Guy Fawkes wrote:
Watch the racism wyte Kentucky puts their own women through. It's ridiculous and stupid, and who wants to be with a person that just hates on other groups of people? In fact, I think wyte racists are fascinated by black folks, and instead of admitting how impressed they are, with their manhood, confidence, etc., instead, they get scared, and nervous... just watch Michael Moore's "Fahrenheit 9/11" to see how the scared Puritans kept the wytes reaching for guns, and killing off brown and black peoples.
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
Yeah right... wyte racists even hate themselves... they hate their own women... f u racists... f u all!
From the way you write it is easy to see that you are a typical loud foul mouth Negro. I can teach those who are ignorant of the fact but I can't teach the stupid as you are. Six Hundred Twenty Thousand white people died in the Civil War and most fought for the North and racist black bastards like you have nothing good to say about the white race. Remember it was the white people that gave their blood and lives. People like you are one sorry excuse for a Human being. It's easy to see that you would have failed in my history class.
Guy Fawkes

Louisville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
Dec 7, 2011
 

Judged:

3

3

3

Mr History wrote:
<quoted text>From the way you write it is easy to see that you are a typical loud foul mouth Negro. I can teach those who are ignorant of the fact but I can't teach the stupid as you are. Six Hundred Twenty Thousand white people died in the Civil War and most fought for the North and racist black bastards like you have nothing good to say about the white race. Remember it was the white people that gave their blood and lives. People like you are one sorry excuse for a Human being. It's easy to see that you would have failed in my history class.
It's funny how you fit the larger racist historic patterns that has existed since 1492... and who uses the term "Negro" anymore? Wow... is this still the 1950s? So u see, Hitler was an evil man, not to be championed, and no, racism is not a good thing, nor is capitalism, or hatred for that matter... you know where racism comes from? Well I'll tell you...

In the beginning of America, the rich Capitalists wanted to figure out a system, during Bacon's Rebellion, of how to subjugate everybody. So the "wyte" indentured servants were getting their freedom after being a slave for 7 years, and so the rich wyte Capitalists told the Indentured Servants that they were "white", just like them, and that if they wanted to a job, then they were in charge of being the overseer of the slaves, and hence, the racialization of slavery in America was born. U do realize that the term Caucasian was created in 1795... Caucasian!?! WTF!?! From Caucasia?!? Anyways, so the racialization of slavery in America brought about us calling ourselves colors nobody really is (u ain't white! u peach! or pink!... and I've never seen a black person around here before... no whites or blacks...).

So racist, there's a little history lesson about your own racist kind... read up, perhaps you will understand this whiteness, and how it permeates everything, and gives you all the breaks... at least, you don't get pulled over DWB.
forreal

Stanford, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16
Dec 8, 2011
 

Judged:

2

2

2

Guy Fawkes, you probably know a lot about Russian history too, don't you? You smelly, unwashed communist! Why aren't you in Jew York with the rest of your stinky comrades?
Guy Fawkes

Louisville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#17
Dec 8, 2011
 

Judged:

3

3

3

forreal wrote:
Guy Fawkes, you probably know a lot about Russian history too, don't you? You smelly, unwashed communist! Why aren't you in Jew York with the rest of your stinky comrades?
Hey boy... iz ur IQ like 1? Ha ha! Ur a dumb racist inbred redneck loser! Ha ha! Trailer park river rat wyte trash.
Jim Beam

Florence, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#18
Dec 10, 2011
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Guy Nutcake what makes you think anyone is going to believe your foul racist ignorant mouth? Have some more dope. I'll bet when you went to school you didn't like either day.
Malcolm X

Louisville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#19
Dec 10, 2011
 

Judged:

1

Wyte America is racist, and has been racist since Christopher Columbus... and if I'm wrong, put me in jail, but if you can't prove that a democracy is not hypocrisy, then don't put your hands on me.
Malcolm X

Louisville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20
Dec 10, 2011
 

Judged:

1

It's always been a civil war in this country, and you all know what I'm talking about.
Jim Beam

Florence, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#21
Dec 10, 2011
 

Judged:

1

Malcolm X, now there is an original name. Does the "X" stand for 10? If it does then what the hell happened to the other nine. With a name like Malcolm X you must be a fine white gentleman with a great job a good Christian and a devoted husband and father.
Certainly your not a racist black BOY on food stamps that blames the white people for all your ignorance and your lack of education. Their ought to be a Malcolm X holiday so working people can have a day off and celebrate the day he got shot. Why the hell not. We get a day off to celebrate the day King got shot.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 5
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Shively Discussions

Search the Shively Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Republican state Rep. Ben Waide indicted 1 hr Holmes patient 3
McConnell leads Grimes in Bluegrass Poll 1 hr going down 11
Clinton to appear in Lexington, Hazard with Grimes 2 hr going down 11
Bill Clinton to campaign next week with Alison ... 2 hr bad idea 9
Poll: Opposition to gay marriage waning in Ky. 3 hr Conroy 2
Bottoms Up Louisville (Aug '08) 3 hr Male Genitals 52
Candidate for Tummy Tuck (A) 2014 3 hr Male Genitals 2
•••
•••
•••
•••

Shively Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Shively People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Shively News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Shively
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••