Cops: Shirley man killed friend, trie...

Cops: Shirley man killed friend, tried suicide

There are 37 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 7, 2008, titled Cops: Shirley man killed friend, tried suicide. In it, Newsday reports that:

A 37-year-old Shirley man has been arrested and charged with killing his friend, then dragging the body to a shed behind his house, where it remained until the man confessed to his girlfriend and attempted ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Jan

Pearl River, NY

#2 Jan 7, 2008
hmmm
Trash

New York, NY

#3 Jan 7, 2008
Put out your can... here comes the garbage man.
Secratariet

Ronkonkoma, NY

#5 Jan 7, 2008
Marty Tanklof did it.
Suffolk Pols know best

Mahwah, NJ

#8 Jan 7, 2008
Lets keep that push for "affordable" housing going...
Old judge Jones

Valley Stream, NY

#9 Jan 7, 2008
Witt was at his witts end.
Common Sense

Pearl River, NY

#10 Jan 7, 2008
Two down... 100,000 more to go... there's hope yet folks!
New York Groove

Stony Brook, NY

#11 Jan 7, 2008
Great!. My taxpaying dollars being wasted on this half-wit.
Trash

Levittown, NY

#12 Jan 7, 2008
Shirley is in the town of Brookhaven and Shirley has lots of crime.
DR X

Levittown, NY

#13 Jan 7, 2008
how do 2 guys without jobs afford a house?
Jim

AOL

#14 Jan 7, 2008
I can't believe such a violent crime would take place in such a quaint little place like Shirley.
Lupo

Aurora, CO

#17 Jan 7, 2008
This is really a tragic day. My condolences to your family Steve. He is survived by his wife and two children. I will never forget you Provose.........Lupo
HiPlainSphincter

Milford, CT

#19 Jan 7, 2008
Shirley even
Mark of Long Island

Raleigh, NC

#20 Jan 7, 2008
What happened to all the posts from earlier this morning? THIS is pathetic
Missy

Stony Brook, NY

#22 Jan 7, 2008
First of all, this crime took place in North Shirley, which is the nice part of Shirley. Longwood District. Things like this do not happen in this part of town. So, for all of you people commenting from out of town, who are saying that this is a **** town, you have no clue as to what you are talking about. And besides, there are people everywhere you go, in every town, who have problems, and where crimes are committed..
Good Vibrations

AOL

#23 Jan 7, 2008
Let's figure this out Shirley is the only place on Long Island where things happen. There are no drugies, drunks , drunk drivers or whatever anywhere else on Long Island now is there.?????From Sands Point, to Rocky Point , to Montauk Point nothing else happens but Shirley and Mastic. Give me a Break. You Iceholes are the best. Where you live is paradise???? Every once in a while take a ride around your paradise. Trust me you will be surprised with what you find. I live in Esat Hampton and their dirt bags in my neigborhood. Get over it
Sun Of The Beach

Warwick, NY

#24 Jan 7, 2008
Again some nit wit took down my post. Let me try again. They did not mention the womans name. Why not? Is it because she has more to do with this murder than reported on? Newsday. It is not an actionable tort to pose a question. Nothing like freedom of speech
You Stand Corrected

Riverhead, NY

#25 Jan 7, 2008
Missy wrote:
First of all, this crime took place in North Shirley, which is the nice part of Shirley.
The people in that area changed the name to East Yaphank. Yes, it is a nice area but it's to close to Mastic/Shirley to seperate from it's "evil twin" and the Wm Floyd school district.
Spare Me

Richmond Hill, NY

#26 Jan 7, 2008
DR X wrote:
how do 2 guys without jobs afford a house?
Sub prime market. Just think, if they weren't going to jail, the government would be bailing them out of their mortgage mess. Huh!
Moe Litvak

Huntington, NY

#29 Jan 7, 2008
Missy wrote:
First of all, this crime took place in North Shirley, which is the nice part of Shirley. Longwood District. Things like this do not happen in this part of town.
The nice part of Shirley ???!!!
STOP, my sides are bursting! The nice part because those residents' 20+ year rap sheets dont include murder, just drug possession, burglary, possession of stolen property etc.
Now that this guy is a murderer he'll have to move to South Shirley, the serious skell area.
Tameka

Monroe, CT

#33 Jan 7, 2008
My condolences go to Steve and his family.I new Steve very well and what has happend in this situation is really messed up and I hope Kofi Witt gets punished for taking a wonderful father away from his children. And for the people who are saying terrible things, you didn't even know him so why speak bad about a person you don't even know.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Shirley Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Mastic Beach Village employee claims in police ... (Apr '15) 11 hr hoo doo you think... 158
Crabby Robs at Smith Point Tue Trekman 1
News Horseshoe crab sting (Jul '07) Mon lkjlk 79
In need of a Certified Pool Operator asap Jun 24 Mknight 1
Dissolve the village Jun 23 Loza 10
Has anybody heard Jun 20 UR Nate 1
Best spot to buy drugs and get a hooker SHIRLEY? (Feb '11) Jun 9 Senior Dongle 19

Shirley Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Shirley Mortgages