Shirley toddler remembered at funeral

Full story: Newsday 244
The family of 3-year-old Anthony Muniz attended a funeral Mass Monday with about 150 mourners who gathered to remember an adventurous boy who snuck away from his Shirley home last week, climbed the fence ... Read more
First Prev
of 13
Next Last
fla fla

Elmhurst, NY

#1 Jun 11, 2007
Newsday,

Leave them alone. Report on news.
irene

West New York, NJ

#2 Jun 11, 2007
Instead of passing a law to alarm all pools, maybe parents should be more diligent as far as watching their children.
Brentwood

Elizabeth, NJ

#3 Jun 11, 2007
Ok, so you put in a sensor, and no one is home to hear it?

Regardless, I feel alot of sympathy for the family in such a horrible tragedy.
Newsday Reader

Stratford, CT

#4 Jun 11, 2007
Why is their NO photos of Anthony's mom?
Lin

Mamaroneck, NY

#5 Jun 11, 2007
Nothing can replace the watchful eye of a parent......
nicole

New York, NY

#9 Jun 11, 2007
I feel horrible for this boys family, but I have to say this. I have a pool in my backyard. My backyard has a 6 foot fence around it. My part is done! I should not have to shell out more money because parents are clueless as to what their children are doing! Watch your damn kids!!!
helen

Pleasanton, CA

#11 Jun 11, 2007
where were both parents, this is not the first time the boy wonder away. This is cause by carelessness. a few doors away, what kind of parent are you.
BACKATCHA

Lindenhurst, NY

#13 Jun 11, 2007
Adorable picture of the child...
Sad day as the family buries him...
Still the mom's fault!!
Live with the "truth" said.
Hmm

Troy, NY

#14 Jun 11, 2007
Always so quick to judge....
irene wrote:
Instead of passing a law to alarm all pools, maybe parents should be more diligent as far as watching their children.
Pollie

Middletown, CT

#15 Jun 11, 2007
I'm so tired of you heartless b'stards ragging on this poor family. They've just lost their precious angel, and will never feel true peace in their hearts again. You sound like "perfect parents", shelling out your opinions and advice like you're sitting on the right side of God, but the sad truth is.... this was a horrible tragic accident and it could happen to anyone. Judgment and useless laws will not bring this boy back. Maybe alarms on pools will help someone in some situation, but really the best we can do is do our best to protect our kids. He was a strong willed precocious child, and he just slipped out and headed for the cool looking slide in the neighbors yard. I hope none of you ever have to deal with the pain this family is going through. I would save the nasty rhetoric and not tempt Karma!!! Never say never!
STOP

Dobbs Ferry, NY

#16 Jun 11, 2007
Being so cruel! Like this family isn't hurting enough! How insensitive can you people be.
Tony

Massapequa Park, NY

#17 Jun 11, 2007
Did the mom put on performance worthy of an Oscar: My baby, my baby.
sorry to say but

Yonkers, NY

#18 Jun 11, 2007
See Ya wrote:
Bye bye baby, God bless you.
Way to go mom. When are we going to find out what you were really doing while you child was drowning?
what sre your kids dong while your writing this?
Watch Your Kid

South Richmond Hill, NY

#19 Jun 11, 2007
It figures. Try to pass MORE pool laws so parents don't have to watch their children.

Little 3 y/o Anthony should NEVER have made it passed his front door, let alone a few doors down with enough time to climb a big fence (wasn't it two fences?).

This was a horrible tragedy that could have been prevented had his parents been paying attention, plain and simple.

It was reported that that was not the first time Anthony left his house without notice. Sadly, it was his last.

His parents failed him miserably.
sorry to say but

Yonkers, NY

#20 Jun 11, 2007
Lin wrote:
Nothing can replace the watchful eye of a parent......
and even under the watchful eyes of a parent, things do happen to kids.
sorry to say but

Yonkers, NY

#21 Jun 11, 2007
Tony wrote:
Did the mom put on performance worthy of an Oscar: My baby, my baby.
your a piece if crap!
Faust

Addison, TX

#22 Jun 11, 2007
Hmm wrote:
Always so quick to judge....
<quoted text>
What's the alternative, more laws to protect mental midgets?
How about IQ tests before being allowed to get knocked up?
Pollie

Middletown, CT

#23 Jun 11, 2007
Watch Your Kid wrote:
It figures. Try to pass MORE pool laws so parents don't have to watch their children.
Little 3 y/o Anthony should NEVER have made it passed his front door, let alone a few doors down with enough time to climb a big fence (wasn't it two fences?).
This was a horrible tragedy that could have been prevented had his parents been paying attention, plain and simple.
It was reported that that was not the first time Anthony left his house without notice. Sadly, it was his last.
His parents failed him miserably.
I'm so tired of you heartless b'stards ragging on this poor family. They've just lost their precious angel, and will never feel true peace in their hearts again. You sound like "perfect parents", shelling out your opinions and advice like you're sitting on the right side of God, but the sad truth is.... this was a horrible tragic accident and it could happen to anyone. Judgment and useless laws will not bring this boy back. Maybe alarms on pools will help someone in some situation, but really the best we can do is do our best to protect our kids. He was a strong willed precocious child, and he just slipped out and headed for the cool looking slide in the neighbors yard. I hope none of you ever have to deal with the pain this family is going through. I would save the nasty rhetoric and not tempt Karma!!! Never say never!
Another Mom

Oilville, VA

#24 Jun 11, 2007
I send my heartfelt sympathy to this mother. Heaven has a new little angel. Please God, help this family
Texas Justice

New York, NY

#25 Jun 11, 2007
Pollie wrote:
Actually, stupid...God has nothing to do with it. And NO this could NOT "happen to anyone" because there are still some of us who know how to supervise a child. There is no way in hell that a 3yr old child of mine would be found roaming the streets by himself, let alone floating in a pool.

Anthony's law should not be for mandating pool alarms. It should states that if your child dies due to agregious lack of supervision, the parent should be jailed for criminally negligent homicide. I'll bet people will start keeping tighter leashes on their children then.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 13
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Shirley Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Clare F. Rose 1 hr Jayar 1
employee batered in village hall last week 1 hr Question 3
Issues With Mastic Beach 2 hr Question 94
nancy aka hoodo and her hate ( new horizons ) 2 hr hodoo 110
Cody Ford Should Go 6 hr hodoo 51
Review: Aqua Hut Inc 8 hr Johnenewt1 1
Matel's Unemployed Barbie Nurse Doll 13 hr hodoo 29
Shirley Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web