Ayer High mourns student's death

Ayer High mourns student's death

There are 48 comments on the Lowell Sun story from Oct 28, 2010, titled Ayer High mourns student's death. In it, Lowell Sun reports that:

Ayer School Superintendent George Frost confirmed Thursday afternoon that the school community was mourning the tragic death of a junior girl from Shirley who had apparently taken her own life on Wednesday.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Lowell Sun.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
augusta

Lancaster, NH

#1 Oct 28, 2010
What a terrible waste of life. I hope if any other person is being bullied by anyone, please let someone know that can help. Usually bullies are insecure and they think making someone else hurt will make themself feel better. Bless this young lady and her poor family.
bullying

Wellesley, MA

#2 Oct 28, 2010
frost is hiding hat he knows about the note,,, under his watch theres been steady bullying.. the mguane twins for starters..here we go again
bullying

Wellesley, MA

#3 Oct 28, 2010
frost must persue prosecution..its STATE LAW as of recently..or will he shirk this??????????
heartbroken

New Bedford, MA

#4 Oct 28, 2010
Very sorry to this family. I know first hand this is every families worst nightmare.
what

Tewksbury, MA

#5 Oct 28, 2010
augusta wrote:
What a terrible waste of life. I hope if any other person is being bullied by anyone, please let someone know that can help. Usually bullies are insecure and they think making someone else hurt will make themself feel better. Bless this young lady and her poor family.
Actually studies have proven that bullies are usually overly confident, are popular and feel they are entitled. They are usually charming and are able to convince their friends to join in on the fun. Have you ever seen the movie "mean girls". It was the popular group who did the bullying. Ask any kid in middle and high school who the bullies are and I guarantee it is someone in the popular group.
true

Lowell, MA

#6 Oct 28, 2010
what wrote:
<quoted text>
Actually studies have proven that bullies are usually overly confident, are popular and feel they are entitled. They are usually charming and are able to convince their friends to join in on the fun. Have you ever seen the movie "mean girls". It was the popular group who did the bullying. Ask any kid in middle and high school who the bullies are and I guarantee it is someone in the popular group.
In fact they could be the children of "prominent" people in the local area.
Crank Blogger

Hudson, MA

#7 Oct 28, 2010
How about some accountability starting with firing of Frost. Failure at this level is unacceptable.
info

Hanscom Afb, MA

#8 Oct 28, 2010
no one here knows a thing...was it bullying? an an intolerable relationship with a boy friend? family? friends? or all of the aboove? schools can not constantly be expected to replace the entire community, there are more contacts this young person encountered daily besides the school community.
so...before you all join the school bashing band-wagon let the family and officials figure this tragedy out...please!! your input is foolish and premature, do not ass u me anything.
Concerned Parent

AOL

#9 Oct 29, 2010
bullying wrote:
frost must persue prosecution..its STATE LAW as of recently..or will he shirk this??????????
Bullying was most definitely one of the many factors......probably the major one but there was more. This is a tragic loss of a beautiful girl.
sad

Leominster, MA

#10 Oct 29, 2010
Some people are bullied for years and don't commit suicide
hgd

Wellesley, MA

#11 Oct 29, 2010
listen INFO,..there was a note with finger pointing so yes we do know what the reason was,,,...under george frost watch...innocent kids were prosecuted because of the mcguane "evil twins"brothers that were only defending them selves from bullying by them.many kids were arrested standing up to the mcguanes cause of mguanes pull with the local authorites till one finally died and still faint justice "5 years"NOW another kid has died under over paid underworked Frost and his partner"i`ll cover it up D.A. jerry leone"
utter discontent

Wellesley, MA

#12 Oct 29, 2010
in ayer you get bullied for years and don`t commit suicide,you just get beat to death when school`s over by the bully boys who harrased you in school.
R U SERIOUS

Quincy, MA

#13 Oct 29, 2010
Bullying? everyone has had a bully! Me, you and even the bully that bullied you had a bully. All of you parents that want to send your kids off into the world where the authority handles everything for you make me sick. If your kid is fat you blame the schools lunch, if your kid is being bullied you blame the school for not expelling another child. As far as the Mcguane twins go, Thats called murder not bullying. It sucks when people kill themselves and I feel bad for the girl and her family. Lets just back off the bullying aspect and look at the mental health of the people who kill themselves over WORDS and ANTICS.
what

United States

#14 Oct 29, 2010
true wrote:
<quoted text>
In fact they could be the children of "prominent" people in the local area.
Yup come to Tyngsboro, you'll see it clear as day.
shirley u jest

Westford, MA

#15 Oct 29, 2010
There are no facts yet so please no assumptions. Do not let another life be destroyed over speculation.
Interesting

Weston, MA

#16 Oct 29, 2010
bullying wrote:
frost is hiding hat he knows about the note,,, under his watch theres been steady bullying.. the mguane twins for starters..here we go again
He wasn't even in Ayer when the McGuane twins were step into reality.
Interesting

Weston, MA

#17 Oct 29, 2010
Right on Shirley u jest, tons of people are making assumptions without all the information. I'm sure there are bloggers who know a bit more of the details, but for the most part it's a bunch of hearsay.
bullying

Wellesley, MA

#18 Oct 29, 2010
i just dont get why people believe and assumne there is no facts..they pretend bullying cant possibly be going on in shirley and ayer..get a life
family member

Belmont, MA

#19 Oct 29, 2010
R U SERIOUS wrote:
Bullying? everyone has had a bully! Me, you and even the bully that bullied you had a bully. All of you parents that want to send your kids off into the world where the authority handles everything for you make me sick. If your kid is fat you blame the schools lunch, if your kid is being bullied you blame the school for not expelling another child. As far as the Mcguane twins go, Thats called murder not bullying. It sucks when people kill themselves and I feel bad for the girl and her family. Lets just back off the bullying aspect and look at the mental health of the people who kill themselves over WORDS and ANTICS.
Either you're the bully, not a parent or someone without a heart! This is the real "bullying" case and when the child feels there's no way out but to kill herself because the family wasn't given the support needed through the school system THAN THE CHILD HAS NO CHOICE IF AN END TO THE BULLYING IS APPARENT!!!!! ALSO IF SHE FELT THAT HER PARENTS AND FRIEND HAVE DONE WHAT THEY COULD BUT THE CHILD JUST FELT TO END IT WAS WHAT NEEDED TO BE DONE!!!!
info

Hanscom Afb, MA

#20 Oct 30, 2010
hgd wrote:
listen INFO,..there was a note with finger pointing so yes we do know what the reason was,,,...under george frost watch...innocent kids were prosecuted because of the mcguane "evil twins"brothers that were only defending them selves from bullying by them.many kids were arrested standing up to the mcguanes cause of mguanes pull with the local authorites till one finally died and still faint justice "5 years"NOW another kid has died under over paid underworked Frost and his partner"i`ll cover it up D.A. jerry leone"
There has been 3 superintendents since 2000(this includes the time your twins attended AHS).
O'Malley
Nielson
Frost
So get the facts before you spew info...a note there were several, and I read not a one. So therefore I would never proclaim to know what was in any.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Shirley Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Winter weather wallops area roads - Sentinel & ... (Mar '08) Jul 17 Petrucci 4
News Mazzarella, Lisciotti, Tran still waiting to ma... (Feb '08) Jul 15 Revolt 7
News July 4 parade a fitting close to Fitchburg's an... Jul 11 Cindy 14
News Leominster Police: Pepper shaker thrown during ... (Nov '08) Jul 9 SAMs pimp 66
News SJC grants new trial to homeless man in trespas... Jun 29 Golf club 3
News Coast Guard: Body recovered from Gulf sailboat ... Jun '16 Think About It 2
News Plethora of pollen blamed on erratic weather pa... Jun '16 Buzz Lightyear 3

Shirley Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Shirley Mortgages