Shirley selectmen take long route, bu...

Shirley selectmen take long route, but OK sign request - Sentinel &...

There are 7 comments on the Sentinel & Enterprise story from Aug 31, 2010, titled Shirley selectmen take long route, but OK sign request - Sentinel &.... In it, Sentinel & Enterprise reports that:

Selectmen Monday night approved a nonprofit group's request to place a sign at a place in town deemed acceptable by Building Commissioner/Zoning Enforcement Officer Donald "Butch" Farrar.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Sentinel & Enterprise.

an ounce of common sense

Leominster, MA

#1 Aug 31, 2010
Is Andy serious? Just put up the darn sign, close to the school, so parents and kids will see it. It's just a sign, for crying out loud.
Arnold Ziffel

Groton, MA

#2 Aug 31, 2010
Bring back Kyle Keady! He made the signs run on time!
Really

Minot, MA

#3 Sep 1, 2010
I can't believe that they spent time discussing this! I have seen signs for Summer in Shirley, town sports registrations and Marie's school of Dance. Groton Hockey is a non-profit fabulous program that brings hockey to Shirley kids. Let's get real and worry about the town's big issues for once.
Victory

AOL

#4 Sep 2, 2010
Arnold Ziffel wrote:
Bring back Kyle Keady! He made the signs run on time!
Bring Keady back??? Are you out of your freaking mind? Compromise the workplace being a safe place for women for a dam sign? You need to get a clue.
KTH

Worcester, MA

#5 Sep 2, 2010
No wonder Shirley is so far in the red. Is this really that important an issue to spend so much time on? How about figuring out how to get a full time fire dept back so people don't die waiting for the ambulance or a fire truck!! I guess a hockey sign is much more important, though. The town needs to get its priorities straight.
Its good to be back

Boylston, MA

#6 Sep 8, 2010
Let's see. They need to create a new title Chief Executive Officer (too many chiefs already...i mean we just got rid of one), the old regime doesn't support the Triboard (oop's no need for transparency...had to say it), they only meet every other week (guess everything in town is ok), spend too much time over this sign (surprised their not accessing the $25 fee they are required too because they never took action on changing the regulations.
Shirley Parent

Clinton, MA

#7 Sep 8, 2010
Just typical of the minutia these selectman want to be involved in. What a ridiculous waste of time and our tax dollars. Signs have been located in that location for many non-profit groups and NOW it is an issue? Come on guys......

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Shirley Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Dan Kirouac - acoustic rock in Leominster Nov 29 New England Music... 1
News Ayer settles over wrongful '83 slay conviction (Jul '09) Nov 29 Observed 29
News Jogger's murder has others rethinking their rou... Nov 20 Mansbestfriend 3
News Lunenburg woman charged in $161 grocery theft Nov 19 Federal Investigator 8
News No progress in Aubuchon union fight Nov 14 Kevin Lyncher 3
News Tempers flare as Shirley police officer fired Nov 11 Lynch for Paedophile 4
News Shirley selectmen demote police sergeant to off... Nov 10 Standing for what... 6

Shirley Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Shirley Mortgages