Board OKs 8.5% water, sewer hike

Full story: Nashoba Publishing
The Board of Public Works held a public hearing on water and sewer rates for 2011. Full Story
rad

Boston, MA

#1 Dec 13, 2010
i AM SO SICK OF THESE INCREASES. I FIND IT STRANGE THAT THERE WERE had no ratepayers in attendance, HOW DOES THAT HAPPEN. OH WAIT IF YOU DON'T TELL THEM, THEY WON'T COME!! NOTHING BUT A SCAM JOB JUST LIKE EVERYTHING ELSE. I DON'T KNOW WHERE THEY GET THEIR NUMBERS FROM BUT MY WATER BILL IS OVER 1K.
peppe

Pepperell, MA

#2 Dec 13, 2010
Isn't time the town departments make cuts to decrease their operating budgets -- the average taxpayer who is lucky enough to still have a job has had gone without a pay increase as the private sector has cut expenses to continue to survive in this depressed economic environment.
If taxes can not increase over 2.5 percent, wouldn't it be logical that town departments should not pass such a huge burden onto the taxpayers? It is time to streamline operations, freeze pay and have the employees contribute more for their insurance. In the past town employees were never better off than those working in the private sector but how that has changed.
As far as the water goes, the stench when you turn your tap on is often overpowering - and to think, there was time when Pepperell water was the finest you could find. Something is really wrong with the current local government and its ability to ignore the people of the town and continue to let the various department budgets continue to increase -- this is outrageous.
Laughing

Pepperell, MA

#3 Dec 13, 2010
Pepperll was far better off with the 'townies'
or 'good ole boys' running the show that a lot
of you folks rail against in here. These folks
had a stake in the town and knew how to stretch
a buck. Somebodys got to pay for the water dept.
country club at Pepperell Springs.
Bozo

Pepperell, MA

#4 Dec 14, 2010
Laughing wrote:
Pepperll was far better off with.......... Somebodys got to pay for the water dept.
country club at Pepperell Springs.
do you know of a better place to do scratch tickets?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Shirley Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
GoLocalWorcester | News | Fitchburg Police Offi... 1 hr Johnny 89
Fitchburg teens selling lunches for their colle... 16 hr Jtn 1
Leominster Police: Pepper shaker thrown during ... (Nov '08) Sun The Kernal 56
Joseph Lupien (Sep '09) Feb 27 jjj 2
Slick roads, towering snowbanks create 'perfect... Feb 27 Missed it 1
2 arrested on drug charges - Sentinel & Enterprise (Mar '09) Feb 27 Tommy 25
Fitchburg woman, 21, dies from injuries from pl... Feb 24 Missed it 20

Shirley News Video

Shirley Dating
Find my Match