Extended Day begins for Shirley students

Extended Day begins for Shirley students

There are 9 comments on the Nashoba Publishing story from Aug 27, 2010, titled Extended Day begins for Shirley students. In it, Nashoba Publishing reports that:

Welcome to Extended Day! We offer a before- and after-school program for grades K-8 at the Lura A. White Elementary and the Ayer-Shirley Middle School.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Nashoba Publishing.

madagascar

Sterling, MA

#1 Aug 28, 2010
extended day should be free to all taxpayers (of property tax) and the teachers should stay after and run it for free. we are all making sacrifices and the teachers should too, or else just close the schools
Sassy

AOL

#2 Aug 30, 2010
madagascar wrote:
extended day should be free to all taxpayers (of property tax) and the teachers should stay after and run it for free. we are all making sacrifices and the teachers should too, or else just close the schools
I don't think closing the schools would help although I under stand the frustration felt.
I don't understand however, how families can pay this kind of money. Is there a sliding scale like the lunch program?
What if only afternoon extended day is needed?
Does the teacher still stay if thge child has to stay after for help?
Do the teachers ever do lunch or recess anymore?
So many questions... let's give everyone a raise!!!!!!
madagascar

Sterling, MA

#3 Aug 30, 2010
Sassy wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't think closing the schools would help although I under stand the frustration felt.
I don't understand however, how families can pay this kind of money. Is there a sliding scale like the lunch program?
What if only afternoon extended day is needed?
Does the teacher still stay if thge child has to stay after for help?
Do the teachers ever do lunch or recess anymore?
So many questions... let's give everyone a raise!!!!!!
no more raises, Kendra's right....close the schools, we don't need them anymore, they's obsoleet
Sassy

AOL

#4 Aug 30, 2010
madagascar wrote:
<quoted text> no more raises, Kendra's right....close the schools, we don't need them anymore, they's obsoleet
When did Kendra ever say that or is that just another dig at someone who at least is trying?
Victory

AOL

#5 Aug 30, 2010
Sassy wrote:
<quoted text>
When did Kendra ever say that or is that just another dig at someone who at least is trying?
Hey Sassy, I like the way you think!
madagascar

Sterling, MA

#6 Sep 2, 2010
the simple solution to saving our schools is to fire all the teachers and administrators and have parent volunteers to teach the students, it would be like home schooling only it would be at school. Studies have shown that home schooled children are far advanced over public school taught children, teachers out, parents in. I would also add religion classes and corporal punishment. Muslims would be excluded off course from attending. Let's start using our brains people
abc

Acton, MA

#7 Sep 15, 2010
madagascar wrote:
the simple solution to saving our schools is to fire all the teachers and administrators and have parent volunteers to teach the students, it would be like home schooling only it would be at school. Studies have shown that home schooled children are far advanced over public school taught children, teachers out, parents in. I would also add religion classes and corporal punishment. Muslims would be excluded off course from attending. Let's start using our brains people
Most parents are working and can't volunteer to take over the schools. As far as your other comments go...you are just scary.
madagascar

Sterling, MA

#8 Sep 16, 2010
abc wrote:
<quoted text>
Most parents are working and can't volunteer to take over the schools. As far as your other comments go...you are just scary.
Alright, how about all the parents that are laid off and collecting unemployment, make them work for it by teaching or put all the welfare single moms to work, teaching or cleaning the s chool it's time to start thinking outside of the lunch box.
madagascar

Sterling, MA

#9 Sep 16, 2010
Sassy wrote:
<quoted text>
When did Kendra ever say that or is that just another dig at someone who at least is trying?
I thought Kendra was in favor of closing the school and choicing everyone out to different schools,,that' why I voted for her, has she changed her mind?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Shirley Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News President Antonnuci's Final Commencement Addres... Jul 1 Jtn 3
News Rain, high waters postpone some Civic Days even... Jul 1 Jtn 6
leominster wastes 62k on website & doesn't even... Jul 1 Roberge 1
News Cyclist fight at Longsjo Classic being investig... Jun 30 Joe 3
Local Politics Do you approve of Jodie Rachman as Mayor? Jun 30 na 1
News A wet end to Longsjo Classic in Fitchburg Jun 29 Susie 5
News Fitchburg prostitution sting nets five arrests (Oct '13) Jun 29 insider 79
More from around the web

Shirley People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Shirley Mortgages