37th MIddlesex candidates spar on rel...

37th MIddlesex candidates spar on religion, conflict of interest du...

There are 8 comments on the Lowell Sun story from Sep 30, 2010, titled 37th MIddlesex candidates spar on religion, conflict of interest du.... In it, Lowell Sun reports that:

The two candidates for the 37th Middlesex District seat squared off for the second time in three nights yesterday, fielding questions from Shirley residents that ranged from state spending to the teaching of religion in schools.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Lowell Sun.

loweller

Kansas City, MO

#1 Sep 30, 2010
Why not keep your real job? Everyone knows being a state legislator is part time work at best!
omg

Acton, MA

#3 Sep 30, 2010
loweller wrote:
Why not keep your real job? Everyone knows being a state legislator is part time work at best!
According to Benson it takes an "immense amount of time". Is that because she is not qualified to do the job and it takes her longer than anyone else?
loweller

Kansas City, MO

#4 Sep 30, 2010
Good question. I guess I'm kinda saying it's a no show job according to what I've read on legislators being present on a daily basis. To suggest they are doing the peoples business outside the state house 90% of the time is silly. Benson could very well be a passionate representative I don't know. The one form district you hear about once in a blue moon!
Complicated

Northborough, MA

#5 Sep 30, 2010
The business of government is complicated, and it is a full-time job. Unless of course you are really just there to give your party another vote in its state/national agenda. That won't take any time at all! Only one of these candidates is going to continue her hard work for the businesses, residents, and municipalities in the district. The other will be working for his party and IBM.
Voter

Acton, MA

#6 Sep 30, 2010
Complicated wrote:
The business of government is complicated, and it is a full-time job. Unless of course you are really just there to give your party another vote in its state/national agenda. That won't take any time at all! Only one of these candidates is going to continue her hard work for the businesses, residents, and municipalities in the district. The other will be working for his party and IBM.
By saying "it's complicated", which it is NOT, you are sounding like you don't know what you are talking about. Jen Benson is and has been just "another vote" for the one party rule. What has she done for the businesses, residents and municipalities in the district, NOT much except vote with her party. We do need balance and someone with experience in the real world, not just school committee member experience.
concerned voter

Berlin, MA

#7 Sep 30, 2010
As a concerned voter in the 37th middlesex District, I am quite surprised by Ms. Benson stating that she SUPPORTED THE INCREASE IN SALES TAX.Knowing full well what this means to a family shopping in Massachusetts , struggling to make ends meet, working two jobs , paying a mortgage,along with higher Registry of Mtr Vehicle fees and other State Sponsored fees.If she says she is full time, why isn't she finding ways to make it easier to work and live in Mass. Instead of making it harder.
appalled

Acton, MA

#8 Sep 30, 2010
I noticed Jen Benson making disgusted facial expressions and rolling her eyes when Kurt Hayes was talking. I am appalled that a sitting State Rep would act so immaturely, unprofessional and not give someone the same courtesy that she was given. Kurt Hayes is a true class act and would make a great State Rep. I am looking forward to watching the debate on cable and have friends see how our State Rep behaves.
forever in blue jeans

Derby, CT

#9 Oct 1, 2010
appalled wrote:
I noticed Jen Benson making disgusted facial expressions and rolling her eyes when Kurt Hayes was talking. I am appalled that a sitting State Rep would act so immaturely, unprofessional and not give someone the same courtesy that she was given. Kurt Hayes is a true class act and would make a great State Rep. I am looking forward to watching the debate on cable and have friends see how our State Rep behaves.
I saw the "Look" too, how immature is that. Not to mention her vote to allow the illegals a "Pathway" to citizenship, in addition to her vote for free tuition for their illegal offsprings, thank you Jen, may I have another!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Shirley Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Community Conversations Apr 25 Anonymous 1
mr. right where are you ? Apr 16 Julia 1
News Guitarist J. Geils found dead in his Massachuse... Apr 14 Sattva Virginius 1
Dan Kirouac returns for acoustic performance in... Mar '17 Beatleman 1
News Clark gets (Dec '10) Mar '17 Recall Clark and... 42
Review: Ron Darmanin Photography (Aug '09) Feb '17 Angie carroll-moniz 4
taxes Feb '17 lane 1

Shirley Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Shirley Mortgages