Mass. maximum security prison install...

Mass. maximum security prison installing bunk beds

There are 9 comments on the Telegram & Gazette story from Sep 7, 2008, titled Mass. maximum security prison installing bunk beds. In it, Telegram & Gazette reports that:

Prison officials are installing bunk beds for the first time at the maximum-security Souza-Baranowski Correctional Center in Shirley.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Telegram & Gazette.

Since: Jul 08

United States

#1 Sep 8, 2008
OMG NO! So friggen what! A lot of prisons should have bunks and do. I know the federal ones do. Inmates love to have single cells. Why sould we make them happy? Give them a double bunk cell and a cellie.

Since: Sep 08

SH

#2 Sep 9, 2008
Prisonchick wrote:
OMG NO! So friggen what! A lot of prisons should have bunks and do. I know the federal ones do. Inmates love to have single cells. Why sould we make them happy? Give them a double bunk cell and a cellie.
Sort of

Since: Jul 08

Lancaster, MA

#3 Sep 9, 2008
Hrbcampus wrote:
<quoted text>
Sort of
ummm...ok?
dimples30

Chartley, MA

#4 Feb 23, 2009
alot of people in jail r not bad peple and every one always downs them it would b better for them to have there own bunks that way they manage them better
english

UK

#5 May 9, 2009
i have someone in there who is not a bad person and doesnt want to be in a cell 21hours a day with another man.prison takes away mans liberty and thats the punishment not more when you are inside.no wonder prisons bread ha3116tred and anger
Common Sense

Brewster, MA

#6 May 23, 2009
english wrote:
i have someone in there who is not a bad person and doesnt want to be in a cell 21hours a day with another man.prison takes away mans liberty and thats the punishment not more when you are inside.no wonder prisons bread ha3116tred and anger
The prisoners compromised their own liberties. They had forethought into their choices and chose the selfish route. Unfortunately, not enough narcissists get caught, but for the ones who do...They knew what the consequences could bring them.

Having a cellmate is not a 'punishment'. And, if you think 'prisons breed hatred' then I counter that already selfish, hateful prisoners breed more hatred. They thought of themselves before hand, they think of themselves while incarcerated, and they think of themselves when they are released, which is why we have the re-entry numbers that we do.

Good people do good things and stay free. Easy peasy.
Bunk Beds

Houston, TX

#7 Aug 22, 2011
Its pretty crazy when they take a child's security like using bunk beds for inmates. What is the world coming to?

http://bunkbedstogo.com/
Bunk Beds

Houston, TX

#8 Sep 3, 2011
I agree.. using Bunk Beds.. haha.. Where you saying that this is where they are buying the beds?

http://bunkbedstogo.com "
jail wife

Fall River, MA

#9 Sep 27, 2011
they are not literally a bed that you or your child would ever sleep in. they are metal frames and a small padding about 2 inches if that thick. i agree with some posts and not others. and even though people chose to do whaever they did to get there someone who shoplifted shouldnt be in a cell with someone who comitted murder. that just isnt fair. i definatly have to agree with ENGLISH. my fiance is in prison as we speak. and its different when a man is at home with his family then locked in a cell with another man for countless hours a day, and on lock downs days at a time.

people always look at thing from a one sided perspective. try thinking out side the box and at a different perspective and understand. thats how misjudgements get made.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Shirley Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Dan Kirouac returns for acoustic performance in... Mar 22 Beatleman 1
News Clark gets (Dec '10) Mar 12 Recall Clark and... 42
Review: Ron Darmanin Photography (Aug '09) Feb 26 Angie carroll-moniz 4
taxes Feb 22 lane 1
Local Politics Do you approve of Dean J. Mazzarella as Mayor? (Nov '11) Feb '17 Bruce 6
News Police keep eye on sex offenders Feb '17 Local 6 IAFFA 6
News Ayer settles over wrongful '83 slay conviction (Jul '09) Feb '17 Edward Niles 32

Shirley Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Shirley Mortgages