North Middlesex, Lunenburg still in m...

North Middlesex, Lunenburg still in merger talks

There are 3 comments on the Nashoba Publishing story from Aug 13, 2010, titled North Middlesex, Lunenburg still in merger talks. In it, Nashoba Publishing reports that:

The Lunenburg School District and the North Middlesex Regional School District have enough in common for the state to suggest a merger.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Nashoba Publishing.

a revelation

Brookline, NH

#1 Aug 13, 2010
"We don't have any money," he said. "If it is going to cost more, it probably isn't going to happen."

This is what residents said from day one, when MM proposed the idea of regionalizing with Lunenburg. Alas, it fell on deaf ears, and the superintendent and school committee members continue to avoid the inevitable...a Plan B in addressing issues at the high school. There is no money nor public support for this merger idea. The school committee members will persist, though, because the taxpayers, you "little people" of the district, are too stupid to make a decision yet. The SC members need to "crunch the numbers" for you, so you understand.

Yeah, we, "the little people," got it on day one. Looks like Lunenburg rep's on the planning board got it, too. We're just waiting for the remedial SC members on this board to catch up with everyone. There is no money nor public support to support a feasibility study, the construction of a new high school, nor a merger with Lunenburg. Got it? Get back to work on budget planning...there's a fiscal crisis coming.
Been there done that

Pepperell, MA

#2 Aug 13, 2010
Apparently Berthiaume wasn't at the meeting in the winter when Loxi, Milree and their business manager came to NM for a "joint" meeting (this and Lunenburg hadn't even voted on moving forward with discussions). The rep from the state came and strongly said, in so many words, this merger will NOT save you money, in fact it will COST you money. It will only serve to possibly help with a new high school and perhaps strengthen programming. That's it.

The whole thing is farce. MM will continue to beat this drum until she leaves. Oh right, I'm guessing she won't leave until she's shoved it down the towns' throats. The only good news is that the SC doesn't get the last say on this. The voters of all 4 towns do. Isn't that the best???
Grover Pillsbury

Fitchburg, MA

#3 Aug 31, 2010
Townsend vote NO!!!!!!! Attend town meeting on 10/19 and tell MM and the SC to shove it. I am asking all residents of Pepperell, Ashby, and Townsend to defeat this proposal also if you have the time I am asking parents to run for SC I am in 2012 for Townsend we need to change every member on this comittee they are out of touch with us. They do not care because they think that they will just keep getting elected so why care. These SC meeting should be about the kids not a power trip for the SC and a rubber stamp for MM. Vote all of them out save the district and our kids.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Shirley Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Winter weather wallops area roads - Sentinel & ... (Mar '08) Jul 17 Petrucci 4
News Mazzarella, Lisciotti, Tran still waiting to ma... (Feb '08) Jul 15 Revolt 7
News July 4 parade a fitting close to Fitchburg's an... Jul 11 Cindy 14
News Leominster Police: Pepper shaker thrown during ... (Nov '08) Jul 9 SAMs pimp 66
News SJC grants new trial to homeless man in trespas... Jun 29 Golf club 3
News Coast Guard: Body recovered from Gulf sailboat ... Jun '16 Think About It 2
News Plethora of pollen blamed on erratic weather pa... Jun '16 Buzz Lightyear 3

Shirley Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Shirley Mortgages