Who still takes global warming seriou...

Who still takes global warming seriously?

There are 30925 comments on the Farmington Daily Times story from Jan 28, 2010, titled Who still takes global warming seriously?. In it, Farmington Daily Times reports that:

Despite the recent discovery of the e-mails that resulted in "Climate Gate" and the fact this has been one of the coldest and harshest winters in many years, Gov.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Farmington Daily Times.

gcaveman1

Bay Springs, MS

#27950 May 10, 2012
IamDigitap wrote:
<quoted text>
THERE IS NO INDICATION
ANYONE AT THE HICK WEBSITES YEW VISIT
KNOWS
THIM MAGICAL T.R.E.E.M.O.M.I.T.U.R.Z. AINT REEL PROXIES.
AINT REEL HEET SINTSURS
AINT REEL ATMUSFERIC KIMUHSTRY ANALIKUL THINGLIES.
There's NO INDICATION
ANYONE at ANY WEBSITE YOUR CHURCH RUNS,
KNOWS THIM CLIM-IT MAYUTHs
wuz JUS SKRIBBLS.
You're an IGNORANT HICK who thawt UHPAKUHLIPS
WUZ UP ON YUHs so YEW LOST YER MIND
and SINT MONIE to AL GOR.
CAWS HE'S thuh PRESuhDINT uv thuH WERLD to yew.
Evun if HE DON'T NO THIM
MAGICAL MYSTERIES
aint REEL.
You insipid libtard loser, how many of you people will die from overdoses
venereal disease
accident
self-induced crime
before Darwin's Dog gets tired of eating your DEAD?
L.E.G.I.O.N.
I thought you were dickcheney for a while.

Now you call yourself legion, like you're possessed.

I'm just gonna call you dumphuc.
Patriot AKA Bozo

United States

#27951 May 10, 2012
tina anne wrote:
<quoted text>
There has been no indication that it hasn't happened either. That is the point that we really do not know what happened in the past. Hence the reason why so many scientist are still researching it.
Also notice that you talking about how the last two hundred years. Funny thing is that is how long man has been tracking CO2 levels directly. Before that it was only proxies. As for the claim that the earth is just starting to respond.
I also noticed that your study only covered from the end of the last ice age to now and didn't compare it to the last interglacial period. I wonder if that was because if they had then the rapid rise you are blaming on man would be mirrored in that period as well.
So, your reasoning is that since we really don't know what happened in the past or not, that means it can't be what is happening today.

“Happy, warm and comfortable”

Since: Oct 10

Mountain retreat, SE Spain

#27952 May 11, 2012
So, Bozo, have you decided yet whether it's "millennia" or "mellenia?"
Patriot AKA Bozo

United States

#27953 May 11, 2012
Earthling-1 wrote:
So, Bozo, have you decided yet whether it's "millennia" or "mellenia?"
Is that a hypothetical question, pops?

#27954 May 11, 2012
I'm wondering who still takes global warming seriously, if anybody?
It's obvious that Bozo doesn't.

“Denying those who deny nature”

Since: Jun 07

Norfolk va

#27955 May 11, 2012
Earthling-1 wrote:
Who takes Bozo seriously is a better question. Then again, he isn't as bad as some.
Mothra

Peoria, AZ

#27956 May 11, 2012
tina anne wrote:
<quoted text>
Who takes Bozo seriously is a better question. Then again, he isn't as bad as some.
Hmmm.... I'd say he takes himself quite seriously.

As for anyone else?

Maybe SpaceBlues, but that says little.
Patriot AKA Bozo

United States

#27957 May 11, 2012
Earthling-1 wrote:
Don't put words in my mouth, pops! I take global warming quite seriously.
SpaceBlues

United States

#27958 May 11, 2012
Mothra wrote:
<quoted text>
As for anyone else?
booo

You have nothing to say other than gossip with tina[always in small letters].

“Denying those who deny nature”

Since: Jun 07

Norfolk va

#27959 May 11, 2012
Mothra wrote:
<quoted text>
As for anyone else?
Then Spaceblues speaks much but says little.
Patriot AKA Bozo

United States

#27960 May 11, 2012
Who takes global warming seriously? You might be in for a surprise!

72% of Americans think that global warming should be a very high priority for Congress and the President.
92% of Americans think that developing clean energy should be a very high priority for Congress and the President.
83 percent of Americans think that protecting the environment either improves economic growth and provides new jobs (58%) or has no effect on economic growth or jobs (25%).
70 percent of Americans say that corporations and industry should be doing more to address global warming, which is back up to levels last seen in the fall of 2008
67 percent of Americans also say that citizens themselves should be doing more to address the issue.
58 percent of Americans say that Congress should be doing more to address global warming. The proportion that say Congress should be doing “much more” has increased four percentage points since May 2011 (up to 23%).
More than two-thirds of Americans (68%) say the U.S. should make either a large-scale or medium-scale effort to reduce global warming, even if this has large or moderate economic costs.
A large majority of Americans (79%) supports funding more research into renewable energy sources. Among registered voters, 91 percent of Democrats, 80 percent of Independents, and 74 percent of Republicans support this policy.
75 percent support regulating carbon dioxide as a pollutant. Among registered voters, 84 percent of Democrats, 77 percent of Independents, and 67 percent of Republicans support this policy.
61 percent of Americans support holding the fossil fuel industry (coal, oil and natural gas) responsible for “all the hidden costs we pay for citizens who get sick from polluted air and water, military costs to maintain our access to foreign oil, and the environmental costs of spills and accidents.” Among registered voters, 68 percent of Democrats, 72 percent of Independents, and 54 percent of Republicans support this policy.
http://environment.yale.edu/climate/files/Pol...
Mothra

Peoria, AZ

#27961 May 11, 2012
Patriot AKA Bozo wrote:
Who takes global warming seriously? You might be in for a surprise!
72% of Americans think that global warming should be a very high priority for Congress and the President.
92% of Americans think that developing clean energy should be a very high priority for Congress and the President.
83 percent of Americans think that protecting the environment either improves economic growth and provides new jobs (58%) or has no effect on economic growth or jobs (25%).
70 percent of Americans say that corporations and industry should be doing more to address global warming, which is back up to levels last seen in the fall of 2008
67 percent of Americans also say that citizens themselves should be doing more to address the issue.
58 percent of Americans say that Congress should be doing more to address global warming. The proportion that say Congress should be doing “much more” has increased four percentage points since May 2011 (up to 23%).
More than two-thirds of Americans (68%) say the U.S. should make either a large-scale or medium-scale effort to reduce global warming, even if this has large or moderate economic costs.
A large majority of Americans (79%) supports funding more research into renewable energy sources. Among registered voters, 91 percent of Democrats, 80 percent of Independents, and 74 percent of Republicans support this policy.
75 percent support regulating carbon dioxide as a pollutant. Among registered voters, 84 percent of Democrats, 77 percent of Independents, and 67 percent of Republicans support this policy.
61 percent of Americans support holding the fossil fuel industry (coal, oil and natural gas) responsible for “all the hidden costs we pay for citizens who get sick from polluted air and water, military costs to maintain our access to foreign oil, and the environmental costs of spills and accidents.” Among registered voters, 68 percent of Democrats, 72 percent of Independents, and 54 percent of Republicans support this policy.
http://environment.yale.edu/climate/files/Pol...
These results come from nationally representative surveys of American adults, aged 18 and older.
The samples were weighted to correspond with US Census Bureau parameters for the United States.
The surveys were designed by Anthony Leiserowitz of Yale University and Edward Maibach and
Connie Roser- Renouf of George Mason University and conducted by Knowledge Networks, using
an online research panel of American adults.

• March 2012: Fielded March 12 through March 30, 2012 with 1,008 American adults. The
margin of sampling error is plus or minus 3 percent, with 95 percent confidence.
• November 2011: Fielded October 20 through November 16 with 1,000 American adults.
The margin of sampling error is plus or minus 3 percent, with 95 percent confidence.
• May 2011: Fielded April 23 through May 12 with 1,010 American adults. The margin of
sampling error is plus or minus 3 percent, with 95 percent confidence.
• June 2010: Fielded May 14 through June 1 with 1,024 American adul ts. The margin of
• January 2010: Fielded December 24, 2009 through January 3, 2010 with 1,001 American
adults. The margin of sampling error is plus or minus 3 percent, with 95 percent confidence.
• November 2008: Fielded October 7 through November 12 with 2,164 American adults.
Data was collected in two waves: wave 1 from October 7 through October 20 and wave 2
from October 24 through November 12. The margin of sampling error is plus or minus 2
percent, with 95 percent confidence.

Hmmm.... compiling results all the way back to 2008. When was climategate? 2009, but no totals from 2009.

How curious.

And let's not forget the self-serving nature of a report touting the public's opinion from an organization that benefits from it's results.

Move along... nothing to see here.
Patriot AKA Bozo

United States

#27962 May 11, 2012
Mothra wrote:
<quoted text>
These results come from nationally representative surveys of American adults, aged 18 and older.
The samples were weighted to correspond with US Census Bureau parameters for the United States.
The surveys were designed by Anthony Leiserowitz of Yale University and Edward Maibach and
Connie Roser- Renouf of George Mason University and conducted by Knowledge Networks, using
an online research panel of American adults.
• March 2012: Fielded March 12 through March 30, 2012 with 1,008 American adults. The
margin of sampling error is plus or minus 3 percent, with 95 percent confidence.
• November 2011: Fielded October 20 through November 16 with 1,000 American adults.
The margin of sampling error is plus or minus 3 percent, with 95 percent confidence.
• May 2011: Fielded April 23 through May 12 with 1,010 American adults. The margin of
• June 2010: Fielded May 14 through June 1 with 1,024 American adul ts. The margin of
• January 2010: Fielded December 24, 2009 through January 3, 2010 with 1,001 American
adults. The margin of sampling error is plus or minus 3 percent, with 95 percent confidence.
• November 2008: Fielded October 7 through November 12 with 2,164 American adults.
Data was collected in two waves: wave 1 from October 7 through October 20 and wave 2
from October 24 through November 12. The margin of sampling error is plus or minus 2
percent, with 95 percent confidence.
Hmmm.... compiling results all the way back to 2008. When was climategate? 2009, but no totals from 2009.
How curious.
And let's not forget the self-serving nature of a report touting the public's opinion from an organization that benefits from it's results.
Move along... nothing to see here.
Climate gate was just a deniers wet dream. But, of course Heartland propaganda is kosher. LOL

Pretty impressive level of confidence!
Mothra

Peoria, AZ

#27963 May 11, 2012
Patriot AKA Bozo wrote:
<quoted text>
Climate gate was just a deniers wet dream. But, of course Heartland propaganda is kosher. LOL
Pretty impressive level of confidence!
Non-responsive.... typical.

Please precede all your posts with "Nothing to see here"... just to be accurate.
IamDigitap

Sacramento, CA

#27964 May 11, 2012
Patriot AKA Bozo wrote:
11!!!!...THuH INTERNET SAYid

YEW SHULD JAWIN MY CHERCH!1!1!!
I.g.n.o.r.a.n.t.

HICK.
Patriot AKA Bozo

United States

#27965 May 11, 2012
Mothra wrote:
<quoted text>
Non-responsive.... typical.
Please precede all your posts with "Nothing to see here"... just to be accurate.
I suppose to you that Yale and George Mason University are not reputable. Sorry it hurt so deeply.
Patriot AKA Bozo

United States

#27966 May 11, 2012
IamDigitap wrote:
<quoted text>
I.g.n.o.r.a.n.t.
HICK.
Here is a site more suitable for you.
http://www.myspace.com/smokin_the_weed
Mothra

Peoria, AZ

#27967 May 11, 2012
Patriot AKA Bozo wrote:
<quoted text>
I suppose to you that Yale and George Mason University are not reputable. Sorry it hurt so deeply.
Typical.

Quit dodging.
IamDigitap

Folsom, CA

#27968 May 11, 2012
Patriot AKA Bozo wrote:
<quoted text>
Here is a site more suitable for you.
http://www.myspace.com/smokin_the_weed
You KEEP DODGING.

WHY DIDN'T YOUR GURUS KNOW

MICHAEL MANN'S FAKE MATH ISN'T REAL?

Until they EXPLAIN THAT TO THE WORLD'S SATISFACTION they are

UNABLE to PUT FORTH ANY MORE

PROPAGANDA.

WHY DIDN'T you or A.N.Y.O.N.E. YOU CLAIM to BELIEVE leads YOUR CHURCH in CORRECT DOCTRINE,

RECOGNIZE the FUTILITY of CYFERING APOCALYPSE WITH FAKE MATH

based on "M.A.G.I.C.A.L. T.R.E.E.M.O.M.E.T.E.R.S."

which STIPULATE BELIEF in a T.R.E.E.

as a TENTHS-DEGREE-ACCURATE

HEAT
SENSOR?

You NEVER SPEAK of WHO CONVICED YOU such was REAL SCIENCE.
You WANT to SPEAK of POLITICAL CONCERNS.

THIS FIELD REQUIRES YOU BE ABLE TO SELECT CORRECTLY FROM THE INSTRUMENTATION CHOICES on a TEST regarding WHAT
a HEAT SENSOR
even IS.

YOUR CHURCH'S FOLLOWING C.A.N. N.O.T. DO THAT and are THEREFORE

LEADING YOU to the PORTHOLE called DARWIN'S DOG'S,

A##HOLE.

The LIGHT you SEE at the END of the TUNNEL is a GUTTER in HOUSTON or somewhere,

that dog
is straining to
DEPOSIT
your
STUPID
INNUMERATE
ILLITERATE

congregation of IGNORATI.

#27970 May 12, 2012
tina anne wrote:
Then Spaceblues speaks much but says little.
For "little," read nothing.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Shiprock Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Martinez prefers to stick to issues (Jun '10) 2 hr hasbeen 6,917
Barack Obama COUNTDOWN Clock 1000 days left & c... (Apr '14) Aug 28 144 days remaining 629
Worse place I've ever lived (May '15) Aug 21 Guyedghi 63
News Bloomfield looks for ways to diversify economy Aug 14 Andrea 15
News Identity Inc. presents anti-hate crimes rally Aug 12 standings 2
News New detox center to open in Farmington Aug 9 Remi 8
Random Acts of Kindness (Jun '09) Jul '16 Trigger 4,951

Shiprock Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Shiprock Mortgages