Chambersburg's Hispanic center draws ...

Chambersburg's Hispanic center draws criticism

There are 42 comments on the Public Opinion story from Dec 11, 2010, titled Chambersburg's Hispanic center draws criticism. In it, Public Opinion reports that:

As the Chambersburg Hispanic American Center struggles to pay off its property taxes, it appears to have an image problem within the community it's designed to serve.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Public Opinion.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Pay Your Taxes

Darby, PA

#1 Dec 12, 2010
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!! You've got to be kidding me!
anne

Waynesboro, PA

#2 Dec 12, 2010
I have one question. If they know that 60% of them are illegal, why are they still here ?
serioisly

Chambersburg, PA

#3 Dec 12, 2010
Unreal .... of the 4000 , 60% are illegals and you are knowingly helping them and not having them deported ...SHAME ON YOU !! You should be on the same bus with them !! This is nuts . No wonder this country is such a mess ! Can't afford our own so ok let's go ahead and pay and take care of the illegals while we're at it too ??
seriously

Chambersburg, PA

#4 Dec 12, 2010
Ooops...slip of the finger . I hate when that happens.
Horse Valley

Shippensburg, PA

#5 Dec 12, 2010
That 60% statistic tells me there are a lot of uninsured motorists on our local roads.
PO Will Remove

Greencastle, PA

#6 Dec 12, 2010
It is a wonder these comments were left up for 39 minutes.

HOW DARE the Public Opinion allow the comments of their readers.

Like usual the comments will be disabled in a few minutes.
Unbelievable

Greencastle, PA

#7 Dec 12, 2010
Agree, why aren't these 60% being deported???
littleoleme

Shippensburg, PA

#8 Dec 12, 2010
Not all are paying taxes!!!!!!! These people who are supporting this need to take the same bus back to Mexico with the iilegals.
dont get it

Darby, PA

#9 Dec 12, 2010
"They don't believe in sending their parents to nursing homes. That would be an embarrassment."

But they do apparently believe in using other peoples identity and social security numbers. They also believe in getting drunk, driving without driver licenses and getting into vehicle accidents where they are at fault and have no insurance and having sexual contact with underage females. I guess that is not an embarrassment in their culture.
Rosa

Greencastle, PA

#10 Dec 12, 2010
Instead of paying Martes ~$25K salary, use the money to pay the taxes CHAC owes. Close CHAC now.
legaltaxman

Greencastle, PA

#11 Dec 12, 2010
60% is an outcry folks, we need to take our country back and need to act now. we all need to take action to fix the problem that our leaders are affraid to fix. I'm really speechless as to wonder how we left this problem get to where its at. I should say ashamed. Raise up NOW
anonymous

Greencastle, PA

#12 Dec 12, 2010
Diana Martes is a nice person, but an inept director.
Oh No

United States

#13 Dec 12, 2010
Can we have a Chambersburg White American Center???? I guess that would be racist!!
Raul

Greencastle, PA

#14 Dec 12, 2010
anonymous wrote:
Diana Martes is a nice person, but an inept director.
So why she continue to receive ~$25,000 each year? CHAC is bogus and should be closed down. CHAC should pay the taxes owed. Mayor Pete should see to it that the taxes are paid in full.

Since: Oct 08

Location hidden

#15 Dec 12, 2010
Oh No wrote:
Can we have a Chambersburg White American Center???? I guess that would be racist!!
There already is. It's called "everywhere that isn't a hispanic business."
AL Gore

Chambersburg, PA

#16 Dec 12, 2010
to the lefties here whites are not allowweed anywhere judginf from the posts.
AL Gore

Chambersburg, PA

#17 Dec 12, 2010
50% of the country pays 2% of the taxes.
wake up

Chambersburg, PA

#18 Dec 12, 2010
Chambersburg is supporting illegal activities by allowing this center. 60 percent is rediculous. Also destroying the area. Has anyone else noticed a huge increase in homeless? A huge increase in utility bills? A shortage of jobs? I am moving in a few months, I have had enough of Chambersburg.
Raven

Chambersburg, PA

#19 Dec 12, 2010
Is it a criminal activity to harbor illegal aliens?
BOB

Shippensburg, PA

#21 Dec 12, 2010
If they are illegal why do we let them stay? I am confused..........

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Shippensburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Cider fest returns to Gettysburg May 26 He is sure gay 9
News Franklin County area police log (Apr '10) Apr '17 Tony 9
Pot Apr '17 Rexroth 2
News Franklin County area police log (Jan '11) Mar '17 duck man 5
News GANGS IN FRANKLIN COUNTY? After arrests of Bloo... (Aug '10) Feb '17 Pappy 102
News AARP to offer tax preparation help (Jan '11) Jan '17 In2peace 4
Vincent martz Dec '16 martz friends 1

Shippensburg Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Shippensburg Mortgages