Trout season starts slow

Trout season starts slow

There are 13 comments on the Evening Sun story from Apr 2, 2011, titled Trout season starts slow. In it, Evening Sun reports that:

Brandon Love, of Fairfield, left, and Ronald Myers, of Orrtanna, fish Little Marsh Creek off Knoxlyn Road in Highland Township Saturday morning during the first day of trout season.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Evening Sun.

Oh really

Mount Holly Springs, PA

#1 Apr 3, 2011
Jumping onto the lines!!! Imagine that,,, LMAO!!
Dave

New Oxford, PA

#2 Apr 3, 2011
it's a wonder anybody was out, The price of the license drives fishermen away, hoe do they expect the normal family member handle that price, Other then the enjoyment, you never get your money's wort in fish
old codger

Mount Holly Springs, PA

#3 Apr 3, 2011
I go to Md. They stock alot more ,alot longer,and the game wardens down there treat you like you're a human being.
FisherMAN

New York, NY

#4 Apr 3, 2011
Good luck anglers! The warm weather will be here soon. Can't wait to set the hook.
wow

Mount Joy, PA

#5 Apr 3, 2011
Another pathetic attempt at "stocking" by the state. Stocking is not just dumping all the trout under the bridges or in holes closest to the roads. If it werent for sportsmens groups like Mummasburg, it would hardly be worth going out. If you catch a big one, chances are that they stocked it, and their members float stocked all creeks in Adams County. Remember to thank them or make a donation so that they can continue to do this!!
Jimmy

Shippensburg, PA

#6 Apr 3, 2011
Ahhh poor fishermen. Slow day at catching fish in a barrel. Shoulder to shoulder trying to catch a pet fish sounds like fun to me. lol
Racket

Muncy, PA

#7 Apr 3, 2011
$35 for license and trout stamp. Rods, line and lures/bait for a family of 3, $100. Fighting the weather, crowds and only catching finger lengths with PCB's, which is poison.... not worth it.
Dave

New Oxford, PA

#8 Apr 3, 2011
Racket wrote:
$35 for license and trout stamp. Rods, line and lures/bait for a family of 3,$100. Fighting the weather, crowds and only catching finger lengths with PCB's, which is poison.... not worth it.
Priceless
damifino

Carlisle, PA

#9 Apr 3, 2011
I used to go the first day,,me & freinds went to the yellow breeches, it got so bad that people would camp out over night, the fire co. would run a concession truck up & down the road selling hot dogs,, elbow to elbow fisherman. I never really did all that well up there anyways, & most of my buddies have died that went along, So i don't go the first day anymore,,I told my wife i was gonna go to Walmart & get my license today, But the more i thought about it ,with the price that high,, I just said the hell with Pa. & their high prices & no fish,, A guy can't even stop at lunch and have a sandwich & a beer along side the creek without getting in trouble these days. I have a pond on my property that I stocked ( no trout but nice channel cats)& if i want to catch a fish & drink a beer,thats where I'll be!
12 gauge

Carlisle, PA

#10 Apr 5, 2011
Pa's fishing is about like their deer hunting,,,It Sucks! Save your money!
UpChuck

Carlisle, PA

#11 Apr 6, 2011
What A Joke! Trout season in pa. anymore is a joke! The locals come down at night & net the holes out that hold the fish,,& we all pay for their dinner!! Wheres those gungho wardens when all of this is happening??
Disgusted

Hanover, PA

#12 Mar 31, 2012
Another season opener - elbow to elbow
Trout piled up under the bridges - creek fishing has become - wait in line for the guy in front of you to catch his limit, and then take your turn. If stocking would be done the right way - we could fish for months and have some great fishing.
Tim

Gettysburg, PA

#13 Apr 13, 2012
I fish for and catch trout year-round in south-central PA. Sure, opening day is a zoo. It was in the 70s too as far as I can remember. Outside of very well-known special regs waters, I hardly ever see another fisherman more than 6 weeks after the opener, but in the right streams, stockies are still there. For the few weeks the crowds are out, think outside the "approved trout streams" box for a better experience. Be ready to explore/hike a bit, and practice catch-and-release most of the time. Things aren't so bad.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Shippensburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Police quiet loud parties in Shippensburg (Mar '11) May 3 Kim 30
News Shippensburg woman charged with stealing from e... (Aug '10) Apr '15 leeann gravely 76
News Police log (Dec '09) Apr '15 uncle joe 14
News Half Pint Creamery plans second ice cream shop Mar '15 Fannie Pak 2
Debate: Nuclear Power - Shippensburg, PA Mar '15 Liz F. 1
News 3 doctors on trial for sponges left in Newburg ... (Mar '10) Mar '15 dirt bag Rashid 75
Review: Shelly's Elegant Outlooks Mar '15 mitnick 1
More from around the web

Shippensburg People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]