Major Floodwaters Prompting National Guard Evacuations on LBI

Oct 29, 2012 Full story: Patch.com

At the tip of Long Beach Island, ocean waters may be beginning to meet bay waters, as police, working with the National Guard, scramble to evacuate holdouts off the island.

Read more
wdp

Bainbridge, GA

#1 Oct 30, 2012
The lack of news or reports on this blog is worrisome... anything known yet on LBI? How high was the water at the worse places? How bad the property damage, where was the worse? How long is the island likely to be closed? THANKS and God Bless all involved.
DDD

Astoria, NY

#2 Oct 30, 2012
I agree. I have been searching for current reports on damage as well as images. Nothing.
Stephanie

Whippany, NJ

#3 Oct 30, 2012
We have a house in Surf City on 12th street. I saw a facebook picture on 14th surf city...the water was on bay side up the street and across...picture cut off so not sure how far it went up the street. Didn't look good though.
wdp

Bainbridge, GA

#4 Oct 30, 2012
I heard that:
> the water was up four (4) feet on the bayside, half a block from the Brant Beach Yact Club;
> wind gusts hit 89 mph in Surf City; also,
> that the island is closed to residents for at least 10 days.
John Stone

Lansdale, PA

#5 Oct 30, 2012
I graduated from Southern Regional in 69'. The 62' storm beached a Navy destroyer on the bayside in Holgate. THIS STORM WAS WORSE. Picture I saw of Surf City showed 1.5' deep water looking North and South on the main drag. From what I have read ocean and bay met at several points on the island.
Reports put ALL of Beach Haven West under water. Four to five feet at some points. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news......

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Ship Bottom Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Poll Best Pizza in the area??? Tuckerton to Manahawk... (Jul '13) Mar 25 captbonzo 5
News 'Mob Wives' Alicia DiMichele resigns from the show (Apr '14) Mar 17 bklyn capo 2
Review: A Master Mark's Praying Mantis Qigong A... (Sep '13) Mar 10 martyeisen 2
News Firefighter hurt in Stafford gas explosion Feb '15 Wow 1
News FEMA Flood Risk Open House To Be Held In Toms R... Feb '15 FYI 1
kim oliver fortunato Feb '15 Martin garey 1
Review: DA Vinci's Eataly & Italian Market (Jul '13) Jul '13 Virginia 2
Ship Bottom Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Ship Bottom People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]