Police: Former El Dorado Deputy Kills...

Police: Former El Dorado Deputy Kills Self

There are 10 comments on the My58.com story from Dec 9, 2008, titled Police: Former El Dorado Deputy Kills Self. In it, My58.com reports that:

Melissa Meekma, a former El Dorado County sheriff's deputy who survived a 2007 shootout in Shingle Springs, has committed suicide, Placerville Police Chief George Nielson confirmed Tuesday.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at My58.com.

Jannell

Citrus Heights, CA

#1 Dec 9, 2008
RIP Melissa. This is horrible! Such a beautiful young ladies life gone! My hearts and prayers go out the family, friends, and loved ones of this wonderful person.
VooDoo2

Fair Oaks, CA

#2 Dec 10, 2008
Our prayers are with Mellisa, family, friends and fellow Deputies.

OT: I would like to take the editor of the Mt Democrat out back and smack some sense into him. Where is the class now days? Nice Caption on the front page. What an ass.
claypot

Santa Fe Springs, CA

#3 Dec 10, 2008
She was a very nice person and showed herself to have much more class than the cowards Yaws and Murphy.She was an asset to El Dorado County and will be missed.
lovemehatemitsju stme Aim

Placerville, CA

#4 Dec 10, 2008
WORDS TO THINK ABOUT :
In Loving Memory
WE Hold you close within our hearts, and there you shall remain, to walk with us through out our lives, until we meet again. So rest in peace MeeKa a dear loved by so many. and thanks for all you have done. We pray that God has given you the Crown you've truly won.
Jen_S

Sacramento, CA

#5 Dec 12, 2008
Melissa, you motivated me in so many ways as a woman in law enforcement. Words do not express how this world will be without you. You are a woman of integrity, dignity, and respect. You were the best.
Angry

Fair Oaks, CA

#6 Dec 12, 2008
God Bless the Meekma family. I would just like to say How sorry I am.

And for all those people out there looking for sympathy and attention because of this horrible event, need to be shot. I love how her "EX" is SOOO torn up over it she has to mention it to everyone on myspace for symptahy hugs...

*Cough**Cough* Gina *Cough* Cough* Thos who do this are too shallow to realizse the "real" people that need our support.
lak placerville

Sacramento, CA

#7 Dec 12, 2008
Those of us who have not been through what Melissa, John Yaws and Greg Murphy went through can not even begin to understand. Each of us handles grief, stress and anger differently. Some turn their anger outwards and try to find resolution in retribution. Some turn inwards and blame themselves. We should not judge. We should just be there for these people in pain and do whatever we can to ensure they get the help they need so that they can make peace with the situation and go on with their lives. Greg and John, do whatever you need to do to cope. I support you, 100 percent. Melissa, I'm sorry none of us were able to communicate to you whaterver it was that you needed to hear that would have helped you better deal with your pain. But we won't give up. Understood we did our best, and we will pay tribute to you by forgiving ourselves, going on with our lives and continue to try to do better to help others.
Chosenfew

Winters, CA

#8 Dec 12, 2008
Angry wrote:
And for all those people out there looking for sympathy and attention because of this horrible event, need to be shot. I love how her "EX" is SOOO torn up over it she has to mention it to everyone on myspace for symptahy hugs...
*Cough**Cough* Gina *Cough* Cough* Thos who do this are too shallow to realizse the "real" people that need our support.
So true...and what about that filthy Kate who used her to get on to the Dept only to kick her to the curb.Melissa was so sweet and was used by the people she loved over and over.
wow

El Dorado Hills, CA

#9 Dec 12, 2008
Angry wrote:
So true...and what about that filthy Kate who used her to get on to the Dept only to kick her to the curb.Melissa was so sweet and was used by the people she loved over and over.

Get over it, she's gone, respect her as she was...your doing the worst by reposting shit like this....GROW UP!!!
dealwiththehandy ourdealt

Lindsay, CA

#10 Dec 13, 2008
I have lost 5 loved ones, very close to me, in just this past year. Melissa makes it 6.
I grew up with and was close with Melissa and a lot of people in this town, like my friend Gina. Not just high school, middle school and elementary as well. That's 15 plus years of knowing someone.
The gossip can stop now. How YOU all feel about those people from Melissa's life is how YOU feel. It does not, nor will it ever, reflect how she feels about them. She's at peace now, so shouldn't all of you be? Seems to me your enjoying the stir up of death and I say "booooo", It's not very classy OR mature of you.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Shingle Springs Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What Is El Dorado Hills About? (Mar '08) Jul 17 Realone 25
Amador ledger Dispatch (Dec '12) Jul 5 Candi 2
News At EID: Water rate hikes OK'd (Jan '17) Jun 26 Bob 3
News CHP rescues dirt bike rider who fell down ravin... Jun 25 Charle Savnik 1
Review: BOWENS CUSTOM CABINETS (Jan '16) May '17 Folsom law office 5
Jeremiah Barrett May '17 J Barrett 1
Folsomolopy May '17 Randy 1

Shingle Springs Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance