Review: Animal Clinic Of Reading - Dwight Rude DVM

Posted in the Shillington Forum

Anonymous

Marcus Hook, PA

#1 Jun 24, 2011
This place is terrible. Please dont take your animal here. I have a cat who is sick and can't hold anything down. He gave her a shot a couple of pills and charged 75 dollars. I called him later saying that she threw the pill up and couldnt hold anything down. He suggested to just keep trying and use hairball medicine that he never even gave me to use. Hes a cheap vet who doesnt have the technology or the clean facility to take good care of your animal. When taking my moms cat there and asking how to help his overweight condition, I wanted him to maybe do some blood work for a thyroid condition. He didnt tell us how to feed him right or anything just that "he may be genetically overweight." Bottom line is he sucks, doesnt help with educating you about anything for your animal, only accepts cash and doesnt give you receipts. A shady terrible vet.
Reading PA Girl

Reading, PA

#2 Jul 5, 2011
I took my cat to Dr.Rude and found he was a great vet. My cat was very calm and relaxed with the Dr. and she was well taken care of there. She had surgery and stayed the night and did great and had no ill side effects.
If you want a receipt all you have to do is ask and they provide you with one.
Berksgal

Allentown, PA

#3 Nov 22, 2011
We returned to Dr. Rude now that we have two new puppies. We had previously taken our old dog (long since deceased)there many years ago. After moving out of the city, we switched vets. Now, we are back. Sure, Dr. Rude's facility may be a bit old fashioned. He doesn't have computerized records or the latest gimmicky equipment, but he doesn't try to hard sell you on all kinds of tests and special puppy or senior pet health plans either. If you need to keep your pets vaccinated and healthy on a budget, Dr. Rude's Animal Clinic of Reading is ideal. Dr. Rude operates with very low overhead and accepts only cash payments intentionally so that he is able to keep his fees low and provide care to a segment of the inner-city pet population that might otherwise go without any veterinary care. When we had the dogs spayed this past summer, one was done by Dr. Rude. He used traditional stitches that required a return visit for their removal. At first I thought, "What an inconvenience. Now we have to make another trip to the vet." But those stitches held and the dog healed well. Our other dog was spayed by a veterinarian at a local clinic that used dissolving stitches. I thought it was great until those stitches split and the dog's incision became infected twice. Needless to say, we took her to Dr. Rude for follow up on that.
rdgchik25

Reading, PA

#4 Apr 11, 2012
i have taken my cat here for all his shots and even when he got neutured, i love this place its very affordable and my cat wasnt frightened at all.
Firsttimepetowne r

Reading, PA

#5 Feb 9, 2013
I took my dog there and the dr was ok. He doesn't give u any information unless u ask for it but if think about owning a pet is just like having a kid so if ur a first time parent then u must ask about things. I took my dog in nd he checked his temp nd gave him two vaccines and only charged us 53 bucks. I was happy with the turnout now my dog isn't running around going nuts (since he needed a distemper) but needless to say I and my husband were happy with the price nd everything he did. Obviously the vet doc isn't going to be the most friendliest vet in town we live in reading reading sucks now a days u get wat u can afford nd he's not a bad doc an personally the business is obviously for walk ins nobody makes an apt tere so u know when ur going there ur just walking in
rammstein

Reading, PA

#6 Feb 21, 2013
we use ark animal hospital there pretty good in wyomissing. dr. rude is good to. i have a subway gift card contact me at Rammstein111@yahoo.com This is an area promotion!
lol

Fleetwood, PA

#7 Mar 9, 2013
People complaining about rudeness from any doctor or medical professional is hilarious to me.

Also, were they, argumentative? abusive? hostile? or were they just not extra special nice like a restaurant waiter who just finished his coffee.

They have literally 100s of patients, get over yourselves if you think they remember you for more than 1 day at best. I mean I think most of them have more important things on their mind like the 15 different ways the procedure they're about to do can go wrong and how you will sue them.

Get your butt eaten out with a spoon by the receptionist and leave the docs to fix problems. Everyone does their job, see?

Why would he give you hairball medicine? Did you come in complaining about hairballs? and even if you did would the medicine be free?(the answer is no)? It's the vets' fault your cat can't swallow a pill?

Blood work for a thyroid condition rofl it's a cat what is wrong with you. I'm also willing to bet you never brought up this thyroid concern while you were at the vet. And that you read about it on the internet from some nobody.
julie

United States

#9 Jul 29, 2013
Dr Rude is great with my cats and he spayed my oldest one and she had no problems. He also cured my kittens dirreahea. He is very knowledagable.
TJ s Mom

Alexandria, VA

#10 Nov 8, 2013
I have had several dogs throughout my life and Dr. Rude is truly a blessing when it comes to affordable animal care. He had to put some of my beloved pets to sleep when they became old and he always handled it with extreme sensitivity and csribg. My mom used Dr. RUDE for our family cats when I was younger. I thank him for giving quality service at a reasonable price. I've gone to high priced vets from time to time and all they do is gouge you and push the products they are paid to promote down ur throat. I will take Dr. Rude any day
Connie of Exeter

Reading, PA

#11 Nov 19, 2013
Once We took in a sick kitten, with weepy eyes and a sniff. the kitten seamed to be getting better, with food and a worm place to sleep. But before too long our other 4 cats were getting the sneezes so I took my oldest cat in to see Dr. Rude and he gave me medication for all the other cats with out having to see them also. They all got better, but the kitten could not be saved. I think he is good with the animals and knowledgeable about the common needs of cats and dogs. I came on this website today because one of my cats might have a UTI and I want to treat it before it gets worse. I will be going to Dr. Rude.
CJ Schaeffer

Reading, PA

#12 Jan 3, 2014
Dr Rude is a great asset to any animal owner. This man has a wealth of information and I sure do not need bells and whistles. There are way too many homeless animals that need good owners and homes. Dr Rude's services allow people with limited incomes to give an animal a good home. I have a cat that is a patient of his and more recently my 80 year old mother became a cat owner, after my father passed away, by adopting from the ARL of Berks. If you want a simple man who offers a good service you will appreciate Dr Rude.
Anonymous

Easton, PA

#13 Mar 12, 2014
Dr. Rude is GREAT. He's great at answering any questions you might have and he's very affordable. The only thing I don't like about calling his office is the miserable old woman with ZERO people skills and customer service that answers his phone. It's best to just deal with the doctor directly! Other than that, he's wonderful!
Carol Rivera

Reading, PA

#14 Jun 25, 2014
Well I took my yorkie in yesterday because he was really really sick
( throwing up, bloody stools, lethargic, and bloated/in pain). Dr Rude have him a shot of antibiotics, gave me pills to give Diamond 2 x's a day for 4 days, and a restricted diet for 24 hours. And he also charged me $75 but you know what, I am happy to say that Diamond is doing much better, he ate some food and is drinking water...his vomiting and diarrhea are gone and he is pooping solid again. If he saved my dogs life, i would've paid $1000 if need be. Yes his office is outdated and he might not tell you much, but he knows what he is doing!! Im sure he's been a vet for decades, judging by his office LOL But again he is a great Dr. And i appreciate what he did for Diamond. From now on, he is my vet :) Oh and i called him today, because he told me to call him with an update, and he was very nice and was happy that Diamond was doing better. Im taking him in on Friday for a follow up. Thanks Dr. Rude :)
jamie billman

Allentown, PA

#15 Jul 24, 2014
My family and I have been going to Dr. Rude for as long as I can remember. I moved out of the city five years ago and decided to try something a little closer. That was a mistake! Dr. Rude is easy more personal and very gentle with my babies! He is affordable and he never charges you for unnecessary things. His office may be small and very out dated...and he only accepts cash ( for very good reasons )...but he is an awesome vet! These big name vets are just out to rape you of your money...and they couldn't care less about your animals!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Shillington Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
PA Who do you support for Governor in Pennsylvania... (Oct '10) 1 hr Mellisa 51,471
PA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Pennsylva... (Oct '10) Mon Fast Eddie 3,992
PA Who do you support for Lieutenant Governor in P... (Oct '10) Mon Jeremy 183
Reading Rises On List Of Most Dangerous Cities (Nov '09) Sep 10 silly rabbit 14
Pennsylvania scores 19th in US obesity rankings Sep 7 silly rabbit 1
Henry Thomas Aug 25 Kin From KY 1
Officials in Reading to Announce Graffiti Abate... (Mar '09) Aug 20 Real artist 37
•••
•••
Shillington Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Shillington Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••
•••