big dong

West Mifflin, PA

#58284 Aug 30, 2014
Tom Wolf up 25 Points in the polls..........

VOTE WOLF
VOTE FOR A WIINER !!
Our Community Organizer

Wilkes Barre, PA

#58285 Aug 30, 2014
Krauthammer ‘Shocked’ By Obama’s Admission That He Has No ISIS, Ukraine Strategy
08/28/2014

Conservative columnist Charles Krauthammer thought he’d seen it all from President Obama. But he admitted he was “shocked” by Thursday’s White House press conference, when Obama admitted he had no strategy on ISIS and planned on doing nothing to support Ukraine against Russia.

“Look, I thought the president could no longer surprise me,” Krauthammer told Fox News’ Bret Baier.“I was wrong. He shocked me today. The President of the United States, in the middle of a real crisis, a few days after the beheading of an American — deliberately sort of spitting in the face of the country and demonstrating his cruelty — the president gets in front of the world and says,‘I don’t have a strategy.’

If that is true, don’t say anything!” he exhorted the president.“Why do you announce you don’t have a strategy?”

http://dailycaller.com/2014/08/28/krauthammer...
The Obamacare Disaster

Clarks Summit, PA

#58286 Aug 31, 2014
Florida Obamacare Enrollment Total Plummets By A Quarter
08/29/2014

Florida’s Obamacare enrollment is now over 220,000 lower than the Obama administration’s most recent tally, according to a report from the state insurance department.

The Obama administration hasn’t released updated Obamacare enrollment statistics since May, when the Department of Health and Human Services put the number of Florida sign-ups at 983,775 — but the Florida Office of Insurance Regulation says that now, just 762,723 Floridians have health insurance through the exchange.
The 220,000-plus drop in one state is one of the first updates on Obamacare statistics and could have serious national implications. The Obama administration trumpeted an Obamacare victory with 8 million sign-ups, but if other states are undergoing similar enrollment drops the real number of Americans who have bought coverage could be much lower.

The administration has unsurprisingly been hesitant to release any updated information about Obamacare exchange enrollment nationally.

http://dailycaller.com/2014/08/29/florida-oba...
Dick Nixon

West Mifflin, PA

#58288 Aug 31, 2014
You idiot !

The article has the count inflated by double - the actual shrinkage is 12.5%.

See here for thoughtful analysis:
http://acasignups.net/14/08/30/which-daily-ca...

A number of errors in the article right off the bat but the biggie is the 'paid' versus 'enrolled' figures. Here the article plays fast and loose and the numbers don't add up.

Finally, Florida is a state of many elderly people - the article's analysis does not go into how many of those people on the Exchange that transitioned to Medicare as they just turned 65. And as more people are getting employed, how many transitioned into Employer healthcare. These two aspects can factor into the change out of Individual insurance.

But then this isn't a real news outlet anyway, else there would be news right beside Florida's figures of Maryland's figures which shows a .33% attrition rate. No, this article is just meant to feed the red meat to the haters of the PPACA, nothing more.
R NIxon

West Mifflin, PA

#58289 Aug 31, 2014
About a year ago, Georgia Insurance Commissioner Ralph Hudgens bragged to a crowd of fellow Republicans:“Let me tell you what we’re doing [about ObamaCare]: Everything in our power to be an obstructionist.”

It was a striking quote that quickly took on national significance. As a rule, policymakers at least pretend to care about working constructively, but here was a state official boasting about his deliberate embrace of obstructionism.

And yet, this week, Hudgens said he didn’t really mean it.

“I spoke to a Republican group in Rome, Ga., and I said I was going to be an obstructionist, but I can’t be. I mean, I was talking to a Republican group and I was throwing them some red meat.”

Read the shocking story here:

http://acasignups.net/14/08/23/not-just-calif...
R NIxon

West Mifflin, PA

#58290 Aug 31, 2014
"As a result, Republicans have tamed their attacks on Obamacare, and national Democratic strategists are less worried about it hurting their candidates.
I’d be remiss if I neglected to note how quietly all of this is unfolding. Late last year, Republicans and much of the political establishment was convinced that the Affordable Care Act was Katrina and Watergate combined. This was a catastrophic disaster, we were told, that would destroy Obama’s presidency and quite possibly ruin the very idea of progressive governance.

Every discouraging report was breaking news; every recipient of a cancellation letter had reporters knocking on their door.

Now that the ACA is succeeding and the politics winds have changed direction, it seems health care isn’t generating nearly as many headlines."

As I said a number of months ago that ACA trending very positive and that was unlikely to change and that the positive trend was accelerating rapidly. The war was being won even though there was no surrender.

As football fans know, if the score is 21 - 7 with 8 minutes to go in the 4th quarter and the team scores another TD (to make it 28 - 7) the game is most likely won. No need to wait for the final gun to go off to know which team will prevail.

I considered the 'war won' on say April 1 when ACA hit 7M (I think Obama also had a victory party in the Rose Garden). The 8th million in April was a late TD to 'run up the score' so to speak.
Dems Obamacare Tragedy

Wilkes Barre, PA

#58292 Aug 31, 2014
Having trouble finding a good job and affordable health insurance? Thank Obamacare.
The Obamacare debacle is 100% Democrat legislation.
Not a single Republican voted for this boondoggle. Not one.
Remember that as you pay your increased insurance rates and deductibles and as you vote in November.

[The Townhall website reports the following.]

Obamacare is Affecting Everyone
Aug 30, 2014

Millions of people are out of work and can’t find a job.

Many of those who have jobs are being forced to work part-time instead of full-time.

And those who have full-time jobs are in for a nasty surprise. Next year’s take home pay is like likely to be smaller than what they earn right now.

In all cases the reason is the same: Obamacare.

Why can’t people find a job? Three Federal Reserve Banks – in Philadelphia, New York and Atlanta – have released business surveys that confirm what many of us have been predicting.

The new health law is discouraging a significant number of firms from hiring and is also pushing workers into part-time, rather than full time jobs.

The Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia survey of business in its region finds that because of Obamacare:
* 18.2% of employers say they cut workers versus 3.0 percent who hired more.
* 18.2% say the proportion of part-time workers is higher versus 1.5% who say it is lower.
* 13.7% reported more outsourcing to other firms versus 3% with less outsourcing.

The New York Fed found that because of Obamacare:
* 21% of manufacturers say they are reducing employment, while 3% are increasing their workforce.
* Among manufacturers, 19.3% say they are increasing the proportion of part-time work, while 3.5% say they are reducing it.

An Atlanta Fed poll earlier this month found that 34% of businesses planned to hire more part-time workers than in the past, mostly because of a rise in the relative costs of their full-time colleagues.
Obamas House of Cards

Wilkes Barre, PA

#58293 Aug 31, 2014
Obamacare Enrollment Is Shrinking Fast
08/11/2014

The number of Obamacare enrollments for top health insurer Aetna is plummeting, according to a report from Investor’s Business Daily.

Aetna’s enrollment reached 720,000 by May 20, after the final end to the the extended open enrollment period. But by the end of June Aetna had less than 600,000 paying customers, IBD reports, and the company expects paying customers to fall to “just over 500,000″ by the end of 2015.

That would be a drop of just under 30 percent from the May sign-up numbers — the last time the Obama administration released its official Obamacare enrollment tally.

http://dailycaller.com/2014/08/11/obamacare-e...

“Comfort the afflicted”

Since: May 13

Afflict the comfortable

#58294 Aug 31, 2014
Obamas House of Cards wrote:
Obamacare Enrollment Is Shrinking Fast
08/11/2014
The number of Obamacare enrollments for top health insurer Aetna is plummeting, according to a report from Investor’s Business Daily.
Aetna’s enrollment reached 720,000 by May 20, after the final end to the the extended open enrollment period. But by the end of June Aetna had less than 600,000 paying customers, IBD reports, and the company expects paying customers to fall to “just over 500,000″ by the end of 2015.
That would be a drop of just under 30 percent from the May sign-up numbers — the last time the Obama administration released its official Obamacare enrollment tally.
http://dailycaller.com/2014/08/11/obamacare-e...
Will you show us the article from the Daily Caller when they recognized that since the ACA, unemployment has dropped, the number of uninsured has gone down, health insurance inflation is the lowest on record and there still are no death panels?

You can't, because your dumb tea bag rag doesn't print the truth. They target stupid people and make them dumber.

Looks like they hit the mark here.
Obamas Addiction to Lying

Wilkes Barre, PA

#58295 Sep 1, 2014
'Fake' IRS scandal spawns real coverup
August 29, 2014
Lost email, hard-drive crashes, recycled computers, destroyed Blackberry no coincidence.

President Obama regularly claims that he oversees the most honest and transparent administration in history. But when it comes to Congressional investigators looking into the IRS scandal and other issues, it is funny how often the administration hits the delete button.

The conservative watchdog group Judicial Watch revealed this week that IRS Deputy Assistant Chief Counsel Thomas Kane admitted that disgraced former official Lois Lerner's government-issued Blackberry was "wiped clean" and "removed as scrap for disposal" in June 2012. This took place after Congress had opened an investigation into Lerner's role in using the IRS to target conservative nonprofit groups.

For a scandal that is frequently derided as "fake," it is amazing how often real evidence disappears. The disappearing act is so frequent, it is reasonable to wonder whether it is really a systematic attempt to destroy evidence of abuse of power.

Explanations regarding Lerner's thousands of missing emails have always been hard to swallow. The initial story was that the records were accidentally lost when Lerner's desktop computer crashed. But given the nature of networked and cloud computing, as well as government requirements for redundant email backup systems, this account never made sense.

It was also curious that the emails were only lost in the specific timeframe of the investigation, and that Lerner's hard drive had hastily been destroyed. When more than a dozen other IRS officials whose emails were being sought suffered similar computer failures and hard drive recycling, and backup tapes were either missing, written-over or deleted.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/opinion/2014/08...
just saying

Monroeville, PA

#58296 Sep 1, 2014
The topic is the Gubernatorial race in PA; one won by Corbutt in 2010, but that will be lost in 2014, the first time a sitting governor who has sought the office again, failed to win re-election!

The failure of the GOP at the national level, particularly the last TWO failed Republican Congresses, is not.
Yoda

Tunkhannock, PA

#58297 Sep 1, 2014
Corbett is letting the gas c ompanies steal us blind and Also " getting away" with polluting and raping the beautiful land and creeks and rivers and air of Pa.

The gas companies under Corbett are making " billions in profit while allowing the raising of already strapped local tax payers!!!!!

This is insane and he is getting away with this poisoning of this beautiful state!!
SHAME ON YOU Corbett

Needs to be voted out this year!!!!!!!!!!
Obamas Pretend Presidency

Plymouth, PA

#58298 Sep 2, 2014
Obama, Outed: If Only
September 1, 2014
If he’s bored, we’d be more than happy to let him leave.

Just resign already. Go. Be gone. Vamoose. Get out of our lives. More important: Stop endangering all of us with your self-indulgent vacations and self-absorbed dithering, along with unconstitutional domestic power plays while the whole world burns.

Barack Obama already is derelict in his duties as commander in chief. He ought to abdicate and just step off his self-made throne.

Knowledgeable people were calling for Obama to begin air strikes against the Islamic State barbarians months before Obama could rouse himself to admit that the brutes were something other than “jayvee” terrorists. Because he didn’t, thousands of innocents died, villages were razed, churches were destroyed, thousands more were left homeless, and vast swaths of territory were lost to purveyors of pure, unadulterated evil.

And now, after several years of the Islamic State rising, after half a year of its being obvious that the Islamic State is a new sort of threat, after a couple of months of vicious terror of a sort even this troubled modern world has rarely seen, and after the Islamic State beheaded an American journalist on camera, we have a man pretending to be president who tells the world that the leaders of the globe’s most powerful nation still “don’t have a strategy yet” for the situation.

Words fail.

http://www.nationalreview.com/article/386781/...
Ed Rendell

West Mifflin, PA

#58299 Sep 2, 2014
VOTE TOM WOLF FOR GOVERNOR
HE'S LEADING TOM CORBETT IN THE POLLS BY 25 POINTS.
VOTE FOR A WINNER VOTE WOLF !!
liberal dem

Langhorne, PA

#58300 Sep 2, 2014
Obamas Pretend Presidency wrote:
Obama, Outed: If Only
September 1, 2014
If he’s bored, we’d be more than happy to let him leave.
Just resign already. Go. Be gone. Vamoose. Get out of our lives. More important: Stop endangering all of us with your self-indulgent vacations and self-absorbed dithering, along with unconstitutional domestic power plays while the whole world burns.
Barack Obama already is derelict in his duties as commander in chief. He ought to abdicate and just step off his self-made throne.
Knowledgeable people were calling for Obama to begin air strikes against the Islamic State barbarians months before Obama could rouse himself to admit that the brutes were something other than “jayvee” terrorists. Because he didn’t, thousands of innocents died, villages were razed, churches were destroyed, thousands more were left homeless, and vast swaths of territory were lost to purveyors of pure, unadulterated evil.
And now, after several years of the Islamic State rising, after half a year of its being obvious that the Islamic State is a new sort of threat, after a couple of months of vicious terror of a sort even this troubled modern world has rarely seen, and after the Islamic State beheaded an American journalist on camera, we have a man pretending to be president who tells the world that the leaders of the globe’s most powerful nation still “don’t have a strategy yet” for the situation.
Words fail.
http://www.nationalreview.com/article/386781/...
I'm starting to see what you mean.
Mitt Robme

West Mifflin, PA

#58301 Sep 2, 2014
liberal dem wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm starting to see what you mean.
Yeah, Let's vote Obama out next election...

Dumbasses !
liberal dem

Langhorne, PA

#58303 Sep 3, 2014
Go away Mitt"
Mitt Robme

West Mifflin, PA

#58304 Sep 3, 2014
me and my 5 sons are all draft dodgers. We were on a mission for God !!
yeah baby!
Obama Blames the Media

Wilkes Barre, PA

#58305 Sep 3, 2014
Obama: Media makes you think ‘world is falling apart’
08/29/14

President Obama on Friday said social media and the nightly news are partly to blame for the sense that “the world is falling apart.”

"I can see why a lot of folks are troubled," Obama told a group of donors gathered at a Democratic National Committee barbecue in Purchase, N.Y.

But the president said that current foreign policy crises across the world are not comparable to the challenges the U.S. faced during the Cold War.

Acknowledging "the barbarity" of Islamist militants and Russia "reasserting the notion that might means right," Obama, though, dismissed the notion that he was facing unprecedented challenges.

“The world’s always been messy ... we’re just noticing now in part because of social media,” he said, according to a White House pool report.

http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/21...
part
Obamas Arrogant Blindness

Wilkes Barre, PA

#58306 Sep 3, 2014
Concerns grow Obama underestimated Islamist, Russian threats
September 2, 2014
Miscalculations on Syria, Russia, Iraq, al Qaeda diminish allies’ confidence in U.S.

From Russia to Syria to Iraq to al Qaeda, President Obama and his aides have underestimated the motives and capabilities of U.S. adversaries.

With regard to some, the Obama team initially characterized bad actors as U.S. partners, such as in the cases of Russian President Vladimir Putin and Syrian President Bashar Assad.

In other instances, Mr. Obama ridiculed as a “JV team” the rampaging Islamic State terrorist group, said al Qaeda was “on the run” and declared Iraq secure as he pulled out all troops against the military’s advice.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2014/sep/...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Shickshinny Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Wapwallopen man sentenced for sex with teen Apr '15 galler 1
Dr Tom Kowalski DDS Benton Pa / DEVIANT PERSON... (Oct '09) Dec '14 ripping the bong 3
Holiday Tradition Lives on in Berwick Dec '14 ripping the bong 2
News Hunters invade NEPA woods during opening day of... Dec '14 Juan 2
Looking for impressive pieces seller on ebay Dec '14 Omygosh 1
News Citizens blame levee for damage to town (Sep '11) Oct '14 Bev moore 2
the history of wapwallopen (Apr '06) Sep '14 mmackeywisor 23
More from around the web

Shickshinny People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]