Citizens blame levee for damage to town

Citizens blame levee for damage to town

There are 2 comments on the The Times Leader story from Sep 14, 2011, titled Citizens blame levee for damage to town. In it, The Times Leader reports that:

SHICKSHINNY Residents' emotions in this borough of less than 1,000 ran the gamut Monday as they began recovery from Friday's flood devastation.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Times Leader.

Bob Green

Woodburn, OR

#1 Sep 15, 2011
As a child to age 9 I lived at 60 South Main St Shickshinny as saw two floods that came up to the
steps of the house just as the street turns and go up the hill.

Family move to Benton and then West Coast.

There are so many houses missing from the down town. One house I remember was jacked up 12'
and it's also gone.

They mite as well buy the people out who are in the flood area and turn it into a park area.

Why would anyone go and repare their home yr after yr from flood damage? No dyke going to help with the creek running right in the middel of down town.
Bev moore

Hyattsville, MD

#2 Oct 4, 2014
Ok it's dike not dyke..... But on that topic Shickshinny prayed for dikes and they got them but not the ones they expected...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Shickshinny Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Police: Dogs left out in cold with no food or s... Jan '18 hillbillys do heroin 2
News Dog owner charged with cruelty after gas treatm... Jan '18 I h8 Vanessa Ramirez 2
the history of wapwallopen (Apr '06) Oct '17 Mary pressleri 28
News Rape suspect testifies at trial (Dec '08) Oct '17 happy 8
News Behind the Scenes of the Bloomsburg Fair (Sep '10) Sep '17 Labor Day 2017 3
News Hispanics mobilize against city immigration act... (Jun '06) Jul '17 Al Busillo 682
Richard and Eileen Sorokas low life scumbags. (May '17) May '17 natureboy 1

Shickshinny Jobs

Personal Finance

Shickshinny Mortgages