Valley mourns loss of leader

Valley mourns loss of leader

There are 38 comments on the The Morning Call story from Jan 3, 2008, titled Valley mourns loss of leader. In it, The Morning Call reports that:

Luis A. Ramos spent New Year's Eve with his wife, Sharon, and son, Greg, at the Portuguese American Club in Bethlehem before returning to their house in the city for a quiet night at home.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Morning Call.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
PILLOWS THE SPACE CLOWN

Harrisburg, PA

#42 Jan 3, 2008
Rest in peace, Luis.
citizen

AOL

#43 Jan 3, 2008
dflprd1 wrote:
I grew up in Allentown now live in Bethlehem for 37 years. This is the first time I am hearing of this man. If he was so influential within the pr community how comes I never once saw him in the news reaching out to the pr community??? How comes I never saw him in the schools??? How comes I never saw him on the court house steps denouncing the pr crime, drugs, gangs and murders in the Lehigh Valley? I'm sure he was a good man but I question the influence part and passion for his heritage.
Mr. Ramos was in the news. He was in the schools as I met him in an innercity school when I worked there. He was a great example to the Hispanic children. They got to see that you don't have to be a scumbag to be noticed but you can be a professional who works hard. He wrote articles and was written about in the MC. So I don't know where you have been all these years.
nick barbir

AOL

#46 Jan 3, 2008
David J Bhaltazhar Esq wrote:
<quoted text>
nick go back to hustling at bestucco, Inc and leave me alone
Sir,

If I wronged you in any way please contact me and give me the chance to make it up to you, but through this forum, please do not take away from this man's legacy, since a lot of people have so many good things to contribute to his memory.
Devil Slayer

Allentown, PA

#48 Jan 3, 2008
To all the devils posting hate, intolerance, and ignorance on here: You are all petty, small, pitiful, and insignificant. I'm not even mad at you losers. All I feel is pity. Pity for sad people who go through life with the baggage that you do. Get help. It's never too late to stop being gutless cowards who instigate and destroy instead of conciliate and build. Rest in peace Lou. You were a great man.
Jesus

Slatington, PA

#50 Jan 3, 2008
dflprd1 wrote:
I grew up in Allentown now live in Bethlehem for 37 years. This is the first time I am hearing of this man. If he was so influential within the pr community how comes I never once saw him in the news reaching out to the pr community??? How comes I never saw him in the schools??? How comes I never saw him on the court house steps denouncing the pr crime, drugs, gangs and murders in the Lehigh Valley? I'm sure he was a good man but I question the influence part and passion for his heritage.
That's because you must of had your head in the sand all these years.
If you only read the MC over the years you would of heard of all the things he has done for the community as a whole.
JUST ME

United States

#51 Jan 3, 2008
dflprd1 wrote:
NOT EVERYONE WHO CONTRIBUTES TO SOCIETY AND/OR HIS OWN PEOPLE WAVE A BANNER AROUND AND SAY "HEY LOOK AT ME" LIKE LOTS OF OTHER PEOPLE DO. YOU CAN BE A POSITVE INFLUENCE WITHOUT BEING IN THE PAPER AND WITHOUT STANDING ON THE COURTHOUSE STEPS.SOME FOLKS CONTRIBUTE TO SOCIETY WITH QUIET GRACE & DIGNITY. I NEVER HEARD OF THIS MAN EITHER. THAT DOESN'T MEAN THAT THIS IS NOT A GREAT LOSS TO EVERYONE, INCLUDING ME.

Rest in Peace Luis

Bethlehem, PA

#52 Jan 3, 2008
it's a shame that people have to come on here and say stupid things. if you have nothing constructive to share, then don't open you mouth.

this man worked tirelessly within many communities in the area. his loss will be felt by many.
HowDareU

United States

#53 Jan 3, 2008
Rob Vaughn from 69 News wrote:
I met Mr. Ramos in 2005 at Erv's BYO, I thought he wa s apompus arragant loser with a chicken language attitude. he tried to insist that Spansih should be taught first to all welfare babies instead of the dominate language of English.
He would grope the dancers thongs time and time again, and basically would run around the stage like speedy gonzalez yelling "arriba for ramos"
As a news personality, I am glad the valley has lost this lown, no great loss as he was a republican weasel who donated 5000 dollars to re-election of George W Bush, and also was a known petty criminal with his traffic violations
I just flagged this post as "inappropriate."

I hope The Morning Call and Rob Vaughn from the 69 news press charges against you for impersonating someone you're not! I'm in the process of contacting Rob Vaughn to bring this to his attention also!
Due Respects

Camp Hill, PA

#54 Jan 3, 2008
we todd did wrote:
<quoted text>
R e t a r t !
ps. iron maiden rocks !!!!
Hey, "we todd did", you don't even know how to spell your own affliction...it's 'retard'(which, incidentally, is not truly a noun, but a verb). Oh, and everyone thinks you're so cool now, knowing you enjoy some 1970's drug band....

Lou Ramos was a cool guy I knew at PPL. I never met his family, but my condolences.
Due Respects

Camp Hill, PA

#55 Jan 3, 2008
I hope 69 News fires you. And the annoying weatherman while they are at it.
I met Mr. Ramos in 2005 at Erv's BYO, I thought he wa s apompus arragant loser with a chicken language attitude. he tried to insist that Spansih should be taught first to all welfare babies instead of the dominate language of English.
He would grope the dancers thongs time and time again, and basically would run around the stage like speedy gonzalez yelling "arriba for ramos"
As a news personality, I am glad the valley has lost this lown, no great loss as he was a republican weasel who donated 5000 dollars to re-election of George W Bush, and also was a known petty criminal with his traffic violations
a reader

AOL

#56 Jan 3, 2008
I think it is inappropriate for the MC to allow this post. As a newscaster, Rob Vaughn would NOT post something like this and whoever is using his name is opening himself up for a slander suit! Very inappropriate, but there's always some loser out there! MC needs to remove this post!
Queen

Louisville, CO

#58 Jan 3, 2008
White Power wrote:
<quoted text>
Amen brother
Not everyone needs to appear in the paper, write a book or pound their chest to brag and boast about what they've done.

Those in the PR community know who their leaders are. It's a shame that not everyone chooses to follow those who lead in a good way.
a reader

AOL

#59 Jan 3, 2008
HowDareU wrote:
<quoted text>
I just flagged this post as "inappropriate."
I hope The Morning Call and Rob Vaughn from the 69 news press charges against you for impersonating someone you're not! I'm in the process of contacting Rob Vaughn to bring this to his attention also!
I, too, flagged this as "inappropriate". Also contacted WFMZ.
XXX

Nazareth, PA

#60 Jan 3, 2008
Well, Rob, I guess it didn't do you much good to learn English first; it's probably just as well that you weren't taught Spanish at an early age, because now you have no reason to butcher THAT language in your posts, as well!:)
Also, about the Replubican weasle part...
I do not like President Bush or the job that he is (not) doing in Washington, yet I do not see how openly supporting a Replublican is any worse than openly supporting a Democrat, or a Libertarian, or an Independent. These are choices that people make, and although those of us on another side might think the other silly or wrong for supporting a particular political personality, one would think that our overall goals-of creating a better tomorrow thorough government today-would override petty bickering and the squabbles arising from party affiliation.
Too bad we don't live in a world like THAT.
P.S. As an (apparent) news person yourself, shame on you for spouting drivel without organizing your facts, first. Whomever wrote that post should be ashamed of their lack of taste and style, and should never have used the name listed as the writer of the post--if it is not a lie, then you obviously have no desire to be taken seriously as a journalist.
It is important to include ALL of a person's life in retrospect, but a better written artical would have not only gotten the facts across just as clearly, but also would have made the writer at least APPEAR to be more than an ignorant, intolerant, poorly educated, and seedy (since they have seemingly never grabbed a dancer's g-string, despite frequenting strip clubs)character in their own right.
Norbert Kruger

Charles Town, WV

#61 Jan 3, 2008
I read about Lou's untimely passing in the local Puerto Rico daily newspaper El Nuevo Dia. I immediately signed on to the Morning Call to find out more. I knew Lou when I was a member of the Hispanic Business Council some seven years ago. I moved away from the Lehigh Valley in 2002 and lost track of him. Lou's life is worth celebrating for his many accomplishments on behalf of the puertorican and hispanic community. I have written to the newspaper in PR asking them to expand on Lou's life and his accomplishments as a native of PR. I suggested that they read the article in the Morning Call. My condolences to the Ramos family on your loss.

Norbert Kruger
Baltimore, Md.
Will Be Missed

Allentown, PA

#62 Jan 3, 2008
If ever an angel came to earth, this was one.
Will Be Missed

Allentown, PA

#63 Jan 3, 2008
How crude. IP Address trace anyone?
a mother

AOL

#64 Jan 3, 2008
Rest in Peace Luis wrote:
it's a shame that people have to come on here and say stupid things. if you have nothing constructive to share, then don't open you mouth.
this man worked tirelessly within many communities in the area. his loss will be felt by many.
My mother worked with him at PPL and only ever had good things to say about him. She said he always spoke highly of his family and especially his wife. I agree with other posters...just because he didn't go around trying to get recognition for the things he accomplished does not make his accomplishments less notable. In fact it made them more so because he did it out of true concern for fellow man, rather than for notoriety. My condolences to his family and may he rest in peace.

Also, most of the people posting negativity on these boards do so for shock value. Ignore them and they lose their power.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Shickshinny Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Behind the Scenes of the Bloomsburg Fair (Sep '10) Sep 4 Labor Day 2017 3
News Hispanics mobilize against city immigration act... (Jun '06) Jul '17 Al Busillo 682
Richard and Eileen Sorokas low life scumbags. May '17 natureboy 1
News Wise underfills potato chip bags, lawsuit claims May '17 bob 1
Moving to Shickshinny May '17 bob 2
News Police search for car involved in fatal hit and... Apr '17 Kenneth Lerch 1
News Clown sighting reported in Nesquehoning (Sep '16) Mar '17 The Donald 10

Shickshinny Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Shickshinny Mortgages