Valley mourns loss of leader

Valley mourns loss of leader

There are 38 comments on the The Morning Call story from Jan 3, 2008, titled Valley mourns loss of leader. In it, The Morning Call reports that:

Luis A. Ramos spent New Year's Eve with his wife, Sharon, and son, Greg, at the Portuguese American Club in Bethlehem before returning to their house in the city for a quiet night at home.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Morning Call.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Nostraknowya ll

United States

#1 Jan 3, 2008
A shame.
itsyourright

United States

#3 Jan 3, 2008
The Ramos Family as done so much for the valley, what a terrible loss to his family as well as the community.

We need more people like him, to lead our young youth in the right direction. For all the young hispanics kids out there, you too need to make a difference. There is such negativity among hispanics, all we hear is what crimes
they have committed, it's refreshing to hear what Luis Ramos has done. My condolences to his family.

“I Can't Believe U People!”

Since: Mar 07

Somewhere in the Valley

#6 Jan 3, 2008
itsyourright wrote:
The Ramos Family as done so much for the valley, what a terrible loss to his family as well as the community.
We need more people like him, to lead our young youth in the right direction. For all the young hispanics kids out there, you too need to make a difference. There is such negativity among hispanics, all we hear is what crimes
they have committed, it's refreshing to hear what Luis Ramos has done. My condolences to his family.
I agree.

My condolences to Luis' family.

For those of you who do not know this family, let me tell you that they are the most classiest and nicest people around. Brother Pete Ramos, owner of Ramos Realty is also a wonderful person.

This is such a tragic loss.

My thoughts and prayers go out to Luis' family and Pete Ramos who I'm sure is devastated over the loss of his only brother.
David-1206

Atlanta, GA

#9 Jan 3, 2008
My condolences to this man's family.
nick barbir

AOL

#10 Jan 3, 2008
those of us who knew him, know what he did not hide. A lot that is good, kind, and the work he has done will never be taken away by negative comments xXx~, after all - he was a real man who tought all of us many lessons.

He is and will be missed by so many, and his legacy will more than survive.

My condolences to the family and the ones left behind to pick up the pieces and keep all the positive work and initiatives moving forward

United States

#11 Jan 3, 2008
Mr. Ramos sounded like a great man with tremendous pride in his heritage. He will be a great loss to the Lehigh Valley. My condolences to the family.
SimpleMindedTwit

Stroudsburg, PA

#12 Jan 3, 2008
The unanswered question(s) at this time are:
1. Did he fall asleep, or,

2. Was he driving impaired, or,

3. Did he swerve to avoid hitting an animal?

Although born in raised in the 'Valley", I can't say I heard of this man or his family. Apparently he was well liked and respected, and, successful, financially, as he wasn't driving a PRGAC on the way to his 'second' home. Sympathies to the family.
Bob E

AOL

#13 Jan 3, 2008
It's hard to put in words what Lou has meant to the Lehigh Valley soccer community. He was a true pioneer of the game at every level. Many of us knew him as perhaps the best referee in the area back in the 1970's. He helped ratceht the game up at the youth level and was even involved in a program to help bring internationally known soccer players to help local soccer folks.

He always had a kind word for everyone and his smile was infectious. He made you feel welcome in his presence and that's something you can't say of everyone.

I know an important piece of the Lehigh Valley's soccer community passed along with Lou. It was only a part of who he was, but, like everything else he did, it touched more people than he knew.
lose

Allentown, PA

#14 Jan 3, 2008
My condolences to the family and friends.
gmp

Nazareth, PA

#15 Jan 3, 2008
It's shame that our community lost such a powerful leader.
My condolences to his family as well as Pete Ramos family.
The Ramos Brothers make me feel Proud to be Puerto Rican.
We need more leaders like the Ramos Brothers in this world.
It's sad that we still experience negativity and prejudice in this GREAT NATION of OURS!!!
What a beautiful article! Thanks,
from a Proud Puerto Rican!!!
sad day

Easton, PA

#18 Jan 3, 2008
Mr. Ramos also taught sunday school 20+ years ago. He was a very nice man.
sure

United States

#20 Jan 3, 2008
gmp wrote:
It's shame that our community lost such a powerful leader.
My condolences to his family as well as Pete Ramos family.
The Ramos Brothers make me feel Proud to be Puerto Rican.
We need more leaders like the Ramos Brothers in this world.
It's sad that we still experience negativity and prejudice in this GREAT NATION of OURS!!!
What a beautiful article! Thanks,
from a Proud Puerto Rican!!!
This is a great loss, for the WHOLE community, not just the hispanic community. My deepest sympathies to his family and all who knew this man personally. I'd never met him, but have heard many good things over the years (and also about his brother). Bethlehem needs more good people like this.

May we never forget the good he did and continue to follow in his footsteps.
Carlos Diaz

Allentown, PA

#21 Jan 3, 2008
Rest in peace Lou. Your work here is done. Now you get to lounge in a heavenly paradise. You are an inspiration to me and many other young Puerto Rican professionals and make us want to follow in your footsteps. Your legacy will live on forever.

Bethlehem

#26 Jan 3, 2008
I grew up in Allentown now live in Bethlehem for 37 years. This is the first time I am hearing of this man. If he was so influential within the pr community how comes I never once saw him in the news reaching out to the pr community??? How comes I never saw him in the schools??? How comes I never saw him on the court house steps denouncing the pr crime, drugs, gangs and murders in the Lehigh Valley? I'm sure he was a good man but I question the influence part and passion for his heritage.
Gracie Perez

Nazareth, PA

#29 Jan 3, 2008
My condolences to his family. He surely will be missed by many.

I pray and hope that his legacy will stay with us forever. Rest in Peace Lou Ramos.

It's so sad to see negative post from people who didn't know him.

Who are these people to judge?
RodeoDrive

United States

#31 Jan 3, 2008
dflprd1 wrote:
I grew up in Allentown now live in Bethlehem for 37 years. This is the first time I am hearing of this man. If he was so influential within the pr community how comes I never once saw him in the news reaching out to the pr community??? How comes I never saw him in the schools??? How comes I never saw him on the court house steps denouncing the pr crime, drugs, gangs and murders in the Lehigh Valley? I'm sure he was a good man but I question the influence part and passion for his heritage.
Excuse me? And who are you when you say that you never saw him at the courthouse denouncing crime?

Oh wait a minute, you're the criminal how can you see him when you're in handcuffs and covering your face!

Don't be so ignorant and who do you think you are anyway? Tell us your good deeds for the Lehigh Valley! Mr. Ramos left a legacy what have you done for Allentown and Bethlehem..."you P E W K !
White Power

United States

#33 Jan 3, 2008
dflprd1 wrote:
Amen brother
Paula Weatherly Pa

Allentown, PA

#35 Jan 3, 2008
I am in deeply saddened, Lou had so much more to offer, we needed him here longer than this.
He has touched so many lives in education, sports, and the business community.
I still cannot believe he is gone.
Life will go on, but it will be better because Lou was part of it.
He will be missed.
Believer

United States

#37 Jan 3, 2008
dflprd1 wrote:
I never heard of this clown too.
Butterball

Stroudsburg, PA

#38 Jan 3, 2008
Perhaps some of us hadn't heard of him because he was too busy playing at his second home. I'm certain he was well rewarded working for PPL. Yes, he was a cut above, far beyond the typical garbage, that permeates Allen-trash, PA. How unfortunate for him to have met his demise, the One above obviously has better plans for him. RIP

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Shickshinny Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Combined church prepares for festival Jul 18 just sayin 8
Living in Glen Lyon (Feb '06) Mar '16 Owain 45
Election Who do you support for U.S. House in Pennsylvan... (Oct '10) Mar '16 Drums leprechaun 54
News Accounts of 1780 Sugarloaf Massacre in Pa. diff... Mar '16 west county road 1
Glen Lyon native still yearns for comforts of home (May '07) Jan '16 Linda 5
Debate: Nuclear Power - Berwick, PA (Jun '11) Aug '15 power of poison 4
News Wapwallopen man sentenced for sex with teen (Apr '15) Apr '15 galler 1

Shickshinny Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Shickshinny Mortgages