Planners try to connect dots between ...

Planners try to connect dots between I-5, 99W

There are 3 comments on the The Oregonian story from Mar 29, 2007, titled Planners try to connect dots between I-5, 99W. In it, The Oregonian reports that:

Planners are trying to solve the puzzle of where to build a connector from Interstate 5 to Oregon 99W, a critical piece in unfolding the maze of traffic that snakes through fast-growing Tualatin, Sherwood and ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Oregonian.

Tom Aufenthie

Sherwood, OR

#1 Mar 31, 2007
Preliminary computer modeling show that a connector south of Sherwood will not relieve traffic on T
Tualatin/Sherwood road, but planners seem to adammit to build it anyway because it has been in their plans for 6 years!

I believe they have lost their way! Waht ever hapened to the "Public Good?

Albany, OR

#2 Apr 21, 2007
Anyone that follows transportation locally and at state level knows that it is run with an iron first. First, whatever gets voted on favorably, like more and better roads, is immediately dismissed. But if voters vote down the toy trains, METRO, or some other Frankenstein government group just goes ahead and builds it. The only thing these people are expanding in bicycle lanes. And the state DOT is overstaffed by the thousands with nothing to do.

“It's a small world ”

Since: Aug 08

#3 Aug 29, 2008
I feel the connecter is definitely needed. Just not sure where it should go. I take Wilsonville RD every day to Newberg. I would love to have a fast but less curvy way to get here. Going through Tualatin takes me 30 minutes just to get to the Sherwood end on a good day. Maybe the solution is to improve Wilsonville RD and add a direct connection to Sherwood?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sherwood Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Local crews battle flames, save homes in Easter... Aug '15 Umm Duhh 2
News 'Smoking materials' caused $1 million fire to s... (Nov '14) May '15 Disgusted person 8
News Coffee Creek staff foil woman's attempted escap... (Mar '14) May '15 1071Cheryllwhite 3
Let's get down. Apr '15 Lt_Dan 1
News Home Invasion Robbers Hit Wilsonville Home (Jan '15) Jan '15 Sh33pDog 1
News Woman accused of theft through an online saddle... (Sep '12) Dec '14 just me 17
News Trimet survey results; tools catch fire in Tiga... (Jul '14) Jul '14 mrgotrocks 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Sherwood Mortgages