New cardiology services offered at WMC

Oct 25, 2012 Full story: Watauga Democrat 16

On Wednesday, the Appalachian Regional Healthcare System announced that its cardiology service line is instituting advanced, state-of-the-art cardiology services for patients with coronary artery disease.

Full Story
Runner

Boone, NC

#1 Oct 25, 2012
Watauga will not have surgical backup when something goes wrong. (No open heart surgery program or cardiovascular surgeon) I would not want to be that patient when the procedure fails and has to be sent out in a critical situtation.
Newmom

Pfafftown, NC

#2 Oct 26, 2012
No need to worry about being shipped up in crritical conition, you'll be dead if something goes wrong and no surgical backup.
brian

Sugar Grove, NC

#3 Nov 1, 2012
Fantatic now our local hospital has yet another way to kill there patients and crew thr insurance companies out of a little more money
dr doolittle

Newland, NC

#4 Nov 4, 2012
Runner wrote:
Watauga will not have surgical backup when something goes wrong.(No open heart surgery program or cardiovascular surgeon) I would not want to be that patient when the procedure fails and has to be sent out in a critical situtation.
no one is twisting your arm to do it dummy......
dr doolittle

Newland, NC

#5 Nov 4, 2012
Newmom wrote:
No need to worry about being shipped up in crritical conition, you'll be dead if something goes wrong and no surgical backup.
you will be dead when its your time to go no matter where you are......
dr doolittle

Newland, NC

#6 Nov 4, 2012
brian wrote:
Fantatic now our local hospital has yet another way to kill there patients and crew thr insurance companies out of a little more money
wow brian is your local hospital holding a gun to your head and making you do this procedure,go somewhere else if you and your cheap azz insurance company do want to pay see if you can get it done cheaper elsewhere.
Runner

Boone, NC

#7 Nov 7, 2012
Its not a matter of how well our health insurance will pay. It is a matter of qualified physicians who have surgical backup. I would hope those of us with heart problems would seek treatment else where. If bypass surgery is needed or there is a problem during the heart cath then time is very important and a cardiovascular surgeon in necessary. Boone does not have one or the equipment. Just saying....
brian

Sugar Grove, NC

#8 Nov 13, 2012
dr doolittle wrote:
<quoted text>wow brian is your local hospital holding a gun to your head and making you do this procedure,go somewhere else if you and your cheap azz insurance company do want to pay see if you can get it done cheaper elsewhere.
No they are not holding a literal gun to our heads. But A hospital is there to provide medical services to the patients. This hospital like so many others in NC has gotten a reputation for sending more patients out in body bags then on there own two feet. You dont think its true lets waite till someone you love goes in for a simple procedure and ends up dead due to medical negligence
Megan

Banner Elk, NC

#9 Nov 28, 2012
WMC is trying to become a "better" hospital,and to provide more services to the community. I think it is better for someone to be able to go to WMC for a heart cath and to find something then, rather then not go at all because of the travel to Babtist or JC Med. How else do you think Babtist, Mission, JC Med became the "go to" facilities for dificult scenarios? They GREW from being a small local hospital to a larger more advanced hospital.
BRockBlue

Boone, NC

#10 Nov 28, 2012
"Babtist," Megan? Really??
mr howell

Newland, NC

#11 Nov 28, 2012
BRockBlue wrote:
"Babtist," Megan? Really??
yes "brockblue"really i agree with megan.
Bob

Wilmington, NC

#12 Nov 28, 2012
It's Baptist.
mr howell

Newland, NC

#13 Nov 28, 2012
brian wrote:
<quoted text>No they are not holding a literal gun to our heads. But A hospital is there to provide medical services to the patients. This hospital like so many others in NC has gotten a reputation for sending more patients out in body bags then on there own two feet. You dont think its true lets waite till someone you love goes in for a simple procedure and ends up dead due to medical negligence
brian usually someone is very sick when they come to the hospital,at least i am,anyhow even the big hospitals have patients die for as you say simple procedures .
mr howell

Newland, NC

#14 Nov 28, 2012
brian wrote:
<quoted text>No they are not holding a literal gun to our heads. But A hospital is there to provide medical services to the patients. This hospital like so many others in NC has gotten a reputation for sending more patients out in body bags then on there own two feet. You dont think its true lets waite till someone you love goes in for a simple procedure and ends up dead due to medical negligence
"A hospital is there to provide medical services to the patients"oh come on brian ,you can do better than that,if you dont like the services they provide just go elsewhere its as simple as that.
mr howell

Newland, NC

#15 Nov 28, 2012
Bob wrote:
It's Baptist.
i think everyone knows what she was talking about bob,but just in case everyone didnt, bob has the right answer.
Runner

Boone, NC

#16 Nov 28, 2012
It is not a matter of a heart catheterizaton, they have been "trying to do those". It is a matter of interventional procedures where there is no surgical backup. ie. open heart surgery suite, cardiovascular surgeon etc. profusionist for heart lung machine, nor a heart lung machine Boone does dot have those Mission, Baptist, Frye and Johnson City all have those available when the vessel closes off. They did when they were small as well. You are screwed if the artery closes off during a failed stent for example. Time is of the essence. I will go elsewhere as you say its as simple as that.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sherrills Ford Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Knights on Main (Apr '14) Nov 17 don 2
southern comforts Nov 9 don 1
Mistress Asha NYC was born a MAN (Apr '13) Nov 4 JoeSlave 31
Board of Elections proposes new early voting plan Oct 26 TreeHuggy 6
Should I move to Blowing Rock Oct '14 NoMoreCarpetbaggers 3
elderly abuse by dss Oct '14 joshua keener 3
Deputies charge man for 2010 breaking and entering Sep '14 movingon 1
Sherrills Ford Dating
Find my Match

Sherrills Ford People Search