Bleach plant to open in Sherrill

Bleach plant to open in Sherrill

There are 16 comments on the The Post-Standard story from Jul 1, 2009, titled Bleach plant to open in Sherrill. In it, The Post-Standard reports that:

A bleach-manufacturing plant is planned for Sherrill. Tibro Water Technologies, of Cananda, will build the plant and create create 54 new jobs during the next three years, according to the New York Power Authority.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at The Post-Standard.

Charles

East Greenbush, NY

#1 Oct 4, 2009
While doing some research on the Internet I came across a recent article about Tibro Water Technologies bleach plant in the Utica Observer-Dispatch
( http://www.uticaod.com/news/x845557003/Bleach... ).

Although I was never given any credit for it in the article, I was the one who came up with the idea of locating bleach plants in low-cost power areas in NY State while working as an independent
sales representative for Electrolytic Technologies Corp.(ETC). ETC makes brine-to-bleach plants and Tibro is an ETC customer. ETC referred me to Tibro hoping that my efforts would lead to a sale of a bleach-making system for ETC, and a steady job for me at Tibro.

Although I was told I would be offered employment at Tibro once it located a site for a bleach plant and starting building it, the company went "dark" on me last November. I then heard from an acquaintance last February that Tibro began a start-up in Frankfort, NY, aborted it, and then relocated to Sherrill, NY, both low-cost municipal power areas that I had already identified for Tibro.

By the way, a number of ETC's existing client-owned plants have experienced significant and unanticipated operational problems. In one case, these problems have prevented full-scale operation of a project that began commercial operations last year.

Moreover, due to non-payment of earned/accrued commissions,$89,000 to be exact, I terminated
my sales agreement with ETC but continued to work with Tibro because I took the company at its
word that it would hire me once construction of its bleach plant began.(Shame on me for working with a customer and friend of ETC! I should have
known better!)

I guess birds of the same feather flock together!
And to the community of Sherrill, don't count your chickens before they've hatched.
former- emp

Oriskany Falls, NY

#2 Jun 13, 2011
This is a well concieved towelhead consortium.All muslems of questionable pedigree and the the slipshod labor fullfilling the build out contracts. Though in theory it's not a bad idea , the way they go about assembling the highly toxic chemical process, will leave you scratching your head.The processor looks like a lego set with glue, constantly leaking and tripping alarms and warnings. There are constant chemical spills and harmfull waste clean ups and down the drain cover-ups.Large quantities of hydrochoric acid are on premise in less than stable containment, an accident waiting to happen.
loads are shipped in containers made by more towelrs in another location and large bulkloads are on the highways of New York as we speak, they use fudged up weight scales slips from non inspected scales on their Bill of laden in case stopped on the highway.Again this is covered up by yet another towler company, They really need to be scrutinized if they are headed for your area, I wouldn't want them in mine. They have a hand out and are given state funding to create jobs, then treat their employees like crap, they have total disrespect of state labor laws.Be very aware!! YOU DON'T WANT THIS KIND OF CRAP IN YOUR NEIGHBORHOOD.

Since: Apr 11

New York, NY

#3 Jun 13, 2011
A bleach plant in Sherrill? As if Sherrill wasn't already white enough.
Lmfao

Syracuse, NY

#4 Jun 14, 2011
lastavailablename wrote:
Now that's funny!
Charles

Johnstown, NY

#5 Jun 14, 2011
Anyone know if Tibro came through with hiring the additional 50+ people that Tibro pledged to hire in return for getting a cheap block of electricity from the Power Authority? I also heard Tibro had a spill that made it into a nearby pond and resulted in a fish kill. Did Tibro get fined?
former- emp

Oriskany Falls, NY

#6 Jun 23, 2011
Tibro currently is hiring temps to do the grunt work.The hiring of 50+ people would not seem possible in the near future, I would surmise the owners look at the power authority monies as a cheap low int. default of some kind.New construction was at a stand still last week.Product had to be hand wrapped because the "electrical Technician" couldn't fix the pallet wrapping machine. Samshed Kahn and his group, look at American labor as lazy and treat employees like crap, pay lousy and discriminate against women by paying them rates lower then their male counterparts.This is not India. All in all ,a real good bunch of people! Could the bleach plant be part of a money laundering scheme?There is a lot of Indian to Indian transactions going on here. How ironic would that be.

As for spills , they are controlled ,when they can be, by the plant mgr. Very small doses of "spill" when re-brining the mix. Fish kills ? you bet, with a large spill. Sanitation and waste water bacteria chaos, just add chlorene, its easy to trace when it's happening. Weekly....
Charles

Clifton Park, NY

#7 Jul 10, 2011
If Tibro's anodes were supplied by the same coating company that supplied the anodes to another brine-to-bleach plant in Pennsylvania, then the mixed-metal-oxide coatings should be falling off about now.

I hope Tibro goes bankrupt.
Caveat emptor

Clifton Park, NY

#8 Jan 5, 2012
Tibro promised to hire over 50 people in return for cheap electricity from the NY Power Authority. It is my understanding that as of today, Tibro's employee roster is far less than 50, and from what I know about the bleach market and how automated the plant is, it will probably remain so for a long time.

With only one major customer, and located so close to Olin Chloralkali's mega bleach production facility in Niagara Falls, which has been shipping out bleach in 20,000 gallon railcars to other and more established bottling companies, I don't believe Tibro will be turning a profit any time soon, and the insincere company owners deserve a financial drubbing.
Samshed

Hamilton, NY

#9 Jan 7, 2012
former- emp wrote:
Tibro currently is hiring temps to do the grunt work.The hiring of 50+ people would not seem possible in the near future, I would surmise the owners look at the power authority monies as a cheap low int. default of some kind.New construction was at a stand still last week.Product had to be hand wrapped because the "electrical Technician" couldn't fix the pallet wrapping machine. Samshed Kahn and his group, look at American labor as lazy and treat employees like crap, pay lousy and discriminate against women by paying them rates lower then their male counterparts.This is not India. All in all ,a real good bunch of people! Could the bleach plant be part of a money laundering scheme?There is a lot of Indian to Indian transactions going on here. How ironic would that be.ey can be, by th0e plant mgr. Very small doses of "spill" when re-brining the mix. Fish kills ? you bet, with a large spill. Sanitation and waste water bacteria chaos, just add chlorene, its easy to trace when it's happening. Weekly....
I HEAT YOU
I Wonder

Whitesboro, NY

#10 Jan 8, 2012
Call me crazy, but I think they are going to use this buisness to get even with us... the USA...
Get even you ask ??? sure, remember 1984 ??? Bhopal India ?? DOW Chemical ??
Definately "thinned the herd" ..... enough said.
Caveat emptor

Clifton Park, NY

#11 Jan 8, 2012
Hey "I Wonder"! You're either kidding, crazy, or just an ignoramus. Tons of methyl isocyanate were released in Bhophal from a storage tank located on the Union Carbdie site.

In contrast, the bleach plant at Sherrill makes chlorine as a transient product which is used up as fast as it is produced. I have seen the plant and it is not capable of producing or storing liquified chlorine gas.

So get off your high horse and get real you knucklehead. You should have paid more attention to your teacher when you took high school chemistry - maybe you wouldn't make such stupid statements for everyone else to read.
amy

Watertown, NY

#12 Jun 13, 2013
lastavailablename wrote:
to
Captain Chemical

Northville, NY

#13 Nov 4, 2014
News Flash
Tibro's Sherrill, NY plant has been indefinitely shut down pending its sale or decommissioning and removal.
Captain Chemical

Northville, NY

#14 Nov 4, 2014
Samshed wrote:
<quoted text>
I HEAT YOU
Who do you "HEAT"?
Captain Chemical

North Creek, NY

#15 Dec 7, 2014
It's now official: Tibro indefinitely shut down its bleach plant in early October because it has done nothing but lose money for the past five years. So far it has not been successful finding a buyer for its facility.

It's too bad the company didn't buy better technology and hire a competent sales and marketing person.
Breaking bad

North Creek, NY

#16 Dec 8, 2014
I guess the title of this thread should now read, "Bleach plant to close in Sherill."

Hahahaha! Serves them right.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sherrill Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
oneida dispatch shawn gwilt officer of the year 1 hr trump 2016 39
Cruz & Kasich Plan Huge Cuts to S.S. & Medicare 10 hr Shady13421 3
to many trouble making loozers 17 hr Not at all 12
Watch Out For Motorcycles (Mar '12) 18 hr Harley Rider 62
Bob Pawlikowski committed welfare fraud 20 hr C what happens 3
Vienna Hotel we miss you 20 hr Joe Ben 18
Kristina lawler 22 hr LJ J 29
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Sherrill Mortgages