James Wilson- Safe Harbour, Carlisle,...

James Wilson- Safe Harbour, Carlisle, PA.

Posted in the Shermans Dale Forum

Samantha Wallak

Elk City, OK

#1 Feb 7, 2013
My name is Samantha Wallak. I'm from Mangum, Oklahoma & I'm 20 years old. I have a husband named CJ Wallak & a son named Christian Wallak. We moved to Carlisle as of December 2, 2011. We went to Carlisle C.A.R.E.S. for one night, then ended up staying in Mechanicsburg with a family member. She had financial issues so we went back to C.A.R.E.S. We stayed there for 2 days that time. We then found out a room was open at Safe Harbour, Emergency side. We took it of course. Things were good for a while, then everything turned bad.
I had to come back to Oklahoma for a month due to legal reasons. I then came back to Safe Harbour to return to my family. After I was there for 2 days, I was sitting on the couch of the living room. I started noticing red bumps all over my body. I couldn't seem to figure out what it was. Then I got told by several of the other residents, they were bed bug bites. I made an appointment with Sadler Health Care Center. They confirmed it was bed bug bites I had on me. I got a doctors note confirming it, made a copy & sent it upstairs to Laurel Kuehn & Heidi Pope. They ignored the fact that it was bed bugs & told me it was mosquito bites. Keep in mind this was in the winter time. I'm not from Pennsylvania, as I said above, I'm from Oklahoma & even mosquitoes aren't out in the winter time here. So why would they be there? They wouldn't.
I had tried to get them to do something to our room to get rid of them. Yet the only thing that was done was a pesticide spray. That DOES NOT work. They even heated others rooms to 120 degrees but not ours. They brought in a Jack Russel Terrier to search for bed bugs on every floor. Tell me why they refused to go in our room with the dog? I tell you why... It's because I kept telling them we had bed bugs & they got tired of it, knowing that they wouldn't do anything about it. They kept spraying our room and nothing worked. There were eggs & live crawling bed bugs EVERYWHERE in our room. I found several in my sons bed. I was NOT having that anymore. We decided to come back to Oklahoma due to those reasons as well as others.
I still talk to people who still live there and other who do not but know and are aware of the bed bug problem at Safe Harbour. They staff & CEO have done nothing about the problem.
I know this may not concern any of you who read this. I might not mean much or anything at all to you. But I can only hope that someone who reads this puts the word out there and someone catches wind of this. The problem is getting worse as we speak. The only solution to this major problem is to put the word out there and hopefully someone does something about it.
Please if you're reading this, help me help others. What's done is done, to my family and I. But there's no need for other families to go through the same pain & horror we went through. It's terrifying to know that it can happen and it will if you go to Safe Harbour. We will never get over the fear of having them. I have had nightmares that it will happen again. It can happen to the cleanest people and we're not the cleanest people on earth but we don't like a dirty living environment.
It would mean a lot to me and I'm sure others that are currently living at Safe Harbour now, if someone were to help them.
Thank you for your time, to read this.
Sincerely, The Wallak Family.
Exterminator

New Bloomfield, PA

#2 Feb 8, 2013
Fact is that by 2014 80% of all U.S. households will have bedbugs in them. It's not Safe Harbor's fault whatsoever because it's a transitional living arrangement and that puts the facility at a very high risk for bedbugs. If the government would simply allow DDT to be put back on the market the bedbug issue would end in no time but as it is the problem is exploding nationwide. On a separate note the Carlisle area really has no need for Cares or Safe Harbor because most of the homeless in Carlisle are outsiders who drifted into the Borough from someplace else. It needs to stop because we don't have the resources to care for transients who are looking for a free ride off the back of Cumberland County taxpayers.
Samantha Wallak

Elk City, OK

#3 Feb 8, 2013
I can understand where you're coming from but the issue is bigger than that. The staff are not doing anything to even try to fix the problem. They have all kinds of sprays that could help decrease the number of bed bugs at least. I've never had a problem with bed bugs & they were just a "night time story" so to speak, to me. Until I moved to Pennsylvania, well Safe Harbour at least. They're are heating treatments that will work. I understand that it's expensive for the heating treatment, but it works. As I said before, they only sprayed our room with pesticide & that didn't work at all. Others rooms (who didn't even have bed bugs) got heated. They failed to heat our because I kept telling them we have them and they need to do something about it.

There's a lot more that goes on around that place that people don't know about but soon they will. I'm not a person to just sit back and take their shit. I'll fight back at them with everything I have. Even if that means I have to go back up there to settle this and do what's right for others living there. It's not right of them to have to live in such filth. Staff member who pick and choose and who don't treat the residents right at all. Everyone will soon know how Safe Harbour really is.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Shermans Dale Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
New Carlisle PA forum website Jul 27 eaglehawk70 2
sierra haubert-crawford Jun '17 zexistpig 1
Review: Red Circle Performance Preowned (Jan '13) Mar '17 Red Circle runs C... 30
Gettysburg police officer claims sexual harassm... (Feb '17) Feb '17 Davenport 1
Remains (Dec '16) Dec '16 Sammy 4
News PA Turnpike considers going cashless (Jul '12) Nov '16 Craig 3
Mary jane. (Jul '16) Sep '16 adam15 5

Shermans Dale Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Shermans Dale Mortgages