Hospital job scam victim speaks

Full story: WOOD-TV Grand Rapids and Michigan

A scam used job offers at a local hospital as bait to steal personal information from those seeking employment.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 7 of7
Lisa in Walker

Amelia Court House, VA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2008

Well, that's certainly a relief that their information is safe, hopefully. Hope they catch these guys, but unfortunately, this is going to happen again.
Jeremy

Ann Arbor, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 13, 2008

You would think that not being interviewed at the hospital would be the first clue for these people. I know that most positions require a TB test, usually provided by the hospital.
Concerned in Hamilton

Grand Haven, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2008

I fear that we are placing the blame for this crime on the victims. Given the current state of Michigan's economy (and the country as a whole), people become desperate to do anything to provide for their families. Yes, they should have seen the "red flags" of fraud, but even though they didn't we need to keep our perspective and place the blame where it truly lies. Best of luck to those who were sucked into this scam. Our prayers are with you.
Jeff

Grand Rapids, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2008

Am I the only one here scratching their head over this article? First they say "Mike" is a victim, then they make it sound like "Mike" is one of the perpetrators. WTF?
sue

Grand Haven, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2008

To comment on the recent one. Mike is a victim, he had no idea these jobs did not exsist and now he is doing what he can to catch these people who scammed. But as for the people who thought they had jobs it is a cruel world out there and we always have to be cautious with everything we do or say. Good luck to those people and god bless.
TMO

Grand Haven, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2008

The scammers are heartless, cruel, jerks. I hope they get caught and are punished to the fullest extent and then some.
The victims... I feel sorry for them... but honestly... the whole thing just sounds like a scam from the get go. What could make a person think that they are being let in on such a big secret?? And why wouldn't some alarm bells go off when they aren't being interviewed at the hospital?? It must be sheer desperation or something. I just don't get how some people get themselves wrapped up in these schemes that are riddled with red flags.
mystic

Grand Rapids, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 14, 2008

i'm a student in the heath field i would never go to an interveiw that was not at a facility. thank god it didn't turn out to be even a worse situation.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 7 of7
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Sheridan Discussions

Search the Sheridan Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
MI Who do you support for Attorney General in Mich... (Oct '10) Mar 27 rider 109
MI 2010 Michigan Primary Election: Did you vote? (Aug '10) Mar 27 rider 5,463
MI Michigan Felon Politician Ban Amendment, Propos... (Oct '10) Mar 27 rider 301
Review: A Mystery Ink (Aug '08) Mar '14 firstimpressions 50
Review: Modern Nail Studio Mar '14 Calebsgrammy 1
Review: The Coffee House Feb '14 Frequent Customer 1
Debate: Gay Marriage - Sheridan, MI (Jan '12) Aug '13 Updyke 3
•••
•••
•••
•••

Sheridan Jobs

•••
•••
•••