Cinderella Twin Drive-In Theatre Coul...

Cinderella Twin Drive-In Theatre Could Close Soon

There are 35 comments on the cbs4denver.com story from Aug 13, 2007, titled Cinderella Twin Drive-In Theatre Could Close Soon. In it, cbs4denver.com reports that:

The fate of a Denver area landmark is about to be decided. A final rezoning decision is near that could spell the end of the Cinderella Twin Drive-In Theatre in Sheridan.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at cbs4denver.com.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
austin davis

Littleton, CO

#1 Aug 14, 2007
what type of pompous greedy , type of people would want to close this famous landmark,I will be extremely dissapointed at the closure seeing as it is an important part of my life. However, this is the type of world we live in today with greed, and an overwelming thought to get rich now matter how it effects others. how pathetic but i pray that this does not happen and i give luck to the people attending the city hall meeting this week at 7:00
Bella

Liberia

#2 Aug 14, 2007
What jerks. How dare they shut down an American Icon. They should be shut down themselves. It brings back classic American flavour.
Steve

Denver, CO

#4 Aug 14, 2007
Yes let's tear down the drive in because we need more apartments.
Renee

Parker, CO

#5 Aug 16, 2007
I was shocked to hear this morning that it was final. I too am glad I had the opportinity to grow up there with family and friends. Glad to have the memories, least they can't take that away from me!
Peter

Denver, CO

#6 Aug 16, 2007
The projected demolition of the Cinderella Drive to make way for expensive yuppie condos is yet another example of Greed run rampant in our grossly materialistic "society". Why, for example, do we permit greedy developers to run roughshod over the entire metro area, demolishing perfectly functional homes and throwing up their soulless, ugly Big Box McMansions that don't fit in with the existing architectue? Why do we permit them to disrupt the tranquility of neighborhoods with their bulldozers and dump trucks and never ending "projects"? This did not use to be the case in Denver. Our elected "politicans" look the other way because their pockets are likley being lined with some of the Pig Developers profits. The small houses are going away. Where are people who live in the real world who can't afford a million dollar McMansion going to live?
stacy

Denver, CO

#7 Aug 16, 2007
this news just ruined the rest of my day! i live very close to the theater where i love to take my niece and nephew! why cant we leave historical site historical?? Lets not become Boulder!!!
Crapitol Hill

Aurora, CO

#8 Aug 16, 2007
The only thing worse than Crapitol Hill is Sheridan. The city govt. there has been corrupt for decades. The citizens have tried off and on to have the city dissolved and annexed into Englewood or Denver, and the Sheridan city council always blocked it. Its nothing but corruption and graft in that city, police brutality, firefighters dealing dope out of the fire station, city accountants stealing money. The one good thing that city has, these corrupt money-mongers want to destroy. That figures, it really does. My family had to sell the house in Sheridan in 1978 and leave the city because of harassment of neighbors and threats and assault from police. To this day I am uncomfortable even driving through that city. Sheridan SUCKS - stay out of it!
tracey

Aurora, CO

#9 Aug 16, 2007
i did not see the channel 4 news story on the 13th or we'd propably would have been at the public meeting. when we were at the drive in last friday night i had an impending doom feeling but tried to push it aside. i had even searched the sheridan website for something that said that they were having a meeting about the drive in but nothing. we are drive in regulars who can be found there at least fridays or saturdays a month. we are very sad about the impending loss. the world has enough apartments, there aren't enough affordable, local, family friendly places left to go. my 12 year old asked what we will be doing on the weekends after the drive in? high end apartments? not a high end neighborhood. is the city planning on running the businesses and local home owners out of the area too? wait till the high end residents get a good wiff of the poop plant when its ripe!
chuck

United States

#10 Aug 17, 2007
bunch of crap. oh yea more apartment buildings. i really wish people would pull their heads out of their asses. who wants to live in fricken sheridan anyway where the police have nothing better to do than to harrass everyone. i hope they build their precious apartment buildings and no one moves into them. then i hope the developers burn in hell
John

United States

#11 Sep 24, 2007
I just took my wife, 8, 13 and 16 year old kids to the Dive-In this last weekend and we had a great time. I hate the fact that some people cannot leave anything good around anymore. This Drive-In is a great place to bring family and have a good time. WE DO NOT NEED ANYMORE CONDO'S!!!! We need the Drive-In to stay.
Dani

Aurora, CO

#13 Sep 24, 2007
This is really sad, and it's going on in every area of the country. Large corporations are taking over every aspect of our lives - what we buy, where we shop, how we live. The only entertainment in the future will be provided by companies like Disney, housing by McStain, coffee by Starbucks. In NY, it's Coney Island; in FL, it's the mom & pop beach motels, in CO the drive in. Development makes no sense. With the abundance of inventory on the housing market, why do we need more? Farewell middle class.
Gravel Jaw

Englewood, CO

#14 Oct 31, 2007
Saw this blog, made me laugh.

http://sarcasmabounds.blogspot.com/2007/10/sa...
Sanctuary Denver

Englewood, CO

#15 Jun 25, 2008
Sheridan should not have to be explained, it is and has been a corrupt and pathetically inefficient city for the longest, historical fact! Should it surprise you that the queen and king are taking over properties that deserve HUD approval? Since they were voted down in the last election major-for-life they continue their cavalier attitudes because the can, based on apathetic voters, transients. Anyone that has any insight into the rebuilds of the school system and several areas along Santa-Fe does not have to be a PHD here! This happens in third world countries all of the time and you see it on TV, this is about hiding in plain sight.

“I don't get it....”

Since: Jul 07

Location hidden

#16 Jun 25, 2008
but its nasty at cinderella. hardly anyone wants to go there because it became too expensive for a crappy looking and sounding film with tons of distraction. not to mention the fat girl treats were awful!

it might be for the experience, but overall it wasnt worth it.

the better outdoor film experience is Film of Rocks - and if youre lucky you could even get a contact high there.

“I don't get it....”

Location hidden

#17 Jun 25, 2008
sorry 'film on the rocks'
Judge Roy Bean

Denver, CO

#18 Jun 25, 2008
leopoldVII wrote:
but its nasty at cinderella. hardly anyone wants to go there because it became too expensive for a crappy looking and sounding film with tons of distraction. not to mention the fat girl treats were awful!
it might be for the experience, but overall it wasnt worth it.
the better outdoor film experience is Film of Rocks - and if youre lucky you could even get a contact high there.
The theater is torn down now doofus.

“I don't get it....”

Location hidden

#19 Jun 25, 2008
Judge Roy Bean wrote:
<quoted text>
The theater is torn down now doofus.
so is it an upgrade to doofus from douchbag or a downgrade from douchebag to doofus?

also i believe i used the past tense in most of that.
Judge Roy Bean

Denver, CO

#20 Jun 26, 2008
leopoldVII wrote:
<quoted text>
so is it an upgrade to doofus from douchbag or a downgrade from douchebag to doofus?
also i believe i used the past tense in most of that.
Your still a douche. And your smoking something that ain't legal the way you think.

“Look me in the eye when talkin”

Katy, Texas

#21 Jun 26, 2008
Judge Roy Bean wrote:
<quoted text>
Your still a douche. And your smoking something that ain't legal the way you think.
Will the REAL Judge step forward...

“I don't get it....”

Location hidden

#22 Jun 26, 2008
Judge Roy Bean wrote:
<quoted text>
oh you mean because i think outside the normal realm of popular opinion? right.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sheridan Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Colo. gay discrimination alleged over wedding cake (Jun '13) 2 hr Respect71 38,419
Republicans the party of LIARS (Dec '11) 2 hr Respect71 23,992
Slave owner Andrew Jackson founded democrats 3 hr Ida B Wells 1
Frau Wasserman steps down 8 hr President Sanders 1
last post wins! (Feb '11) 11 hr -Prince- 26,036
Zanax?? (Dec '12) Dec '12 Anonymous 1
News Man claims he was assaulted, abused by Mountain... (Oct '11) Oct '11 They do like to beat 1

Sheridan Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Sheridan Mortgages