First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Gonzo

Windsor, CT

#23 Sep 9, 2013
Get it back to the way it was back in 70-80's!! Where u had to "earn" ur right to make the team!!! Actually have to make a "cut"!!!! Man people ur gonna blink, and will be like star lake soon!!!!
ommmmgg

Gouverneur, NY

#24 Sep 9, 2013
Names.... I would honestly say years ago it was about names. But as I've seen the staff change and more outsiders being employed by the school. The name has nothing to do with it. I see SKILL ! And amazing sportsmanship.

Everyone who is on that field is talented! Quit ur whimpering... just bc your child may not get as much play time.
smokey

New Britain, CT

#25 Sep 12, 2013
The down fall of pirate sports = Dave Giver
Ernie

Marlborough, MA

#26 Sep 26, 2013
Used to be the team started playing together from 1st grade on. Usually the kids were children of past teammates. Now with all these outsiders coming in and deleting the gene pool, you don't know what you are going to get!! Support OUR youth and keep the outsiders where they belong which is OUT!!! Harrisville used to be a GREAT place to be, where everyone knew each other and there cousins!! Now you don't even know your neighbors anymore!!! Pathetic!!!
cooter

Richville, NY

#27 Sep 26, 2013
Ernie wrote:
Used to be the team started playing together from 1st grade on. Usually the kids were children of past teammates. Now with all these outsiders coming in and deleting the gene pool, you don't know what you are going to get!! Support OUR youth and keep the outsiders where they belong which is OUT!!! Harrisville used to be a GREAT place to be, where everyone knew each other and there cousins!! Now you don't even know your neighbors anymore!!! Pathetic!!!
Keep outsiders out? Everyone knew each other and their cousins and we all shared families and the gene pool got more and more related and everyone started looking alike and we all started one big family and wait - that sounds like some sort of cult with a supreme leader. Are you the leader Ernie. Here we go - first Waco and Harrisville. Lmao Ernie - where is Burt you fool. Times change and change is good. Take off your bailing twine belt and adjust your knickers. This ain't Kansas anymore my dear. Toto - Toto?
scubble

Washington, DC

#28 Sep 27, 2013
Harrisville insiders= NOT GOOD PEOPLE
Ernie

Milton, MA

#29 Sep 29, 2013
Watch the news!!!! Change is great??? What an idiot you are!!! Change is only great if a change is needed!!! Harrisville used to be great and then the "change" you speak of happened!! No work!! Mills close!!! Kids have to move away to find decent employment!!! And the riff raff move in!!! Yeh change really worked didn't it??? You must be one of those "outsiders" I spoke of!!! You didn't know our town when it was good!!! All downhill from here!!! Good luck!! Pathetic!
George

New Britain, CT

#30 Oct 4, 2013
I totally agree!!!!! Jeep the outsiders out!!!! Especially the ones from Gouvamanure!!!!!
scubble

Washington, DC

#31 Oct 4, 2013
Harrisville Insiders= an evolutionary dead end..they will go extinct along with Jim Scanlons
PIRATE

Rome, NY

#32 Oct 5, 2013
smokey wrote:
Ok, why?
PIRATE

Rome, NY

#33 Oct 5, 2013
Gonzo wrote:
Get it back to the way it was back in 70-80's!! Where u had to "earn" ur right to make the team!!! Actually have to make a "cut"!!!! Man people ur gonna blink, and will be like star lake soon!!!!
Gonzo, we have already blinked and I think you may be right.
Burt

Wallingford, CT

#34 Oct 10, 2013
Keep Carthage people out too!!! And while we are at it the Lake people shouldn't be able to have a say and/or vote on any town business!!! C'mon people stand up and fight for our future!!! If you don't have relatives buried in OUR cemeteries then you are an "outsider"!!!!!
JACKO

Rome, NY

#35 Oct 26, 2013
smokey wrote:
what is your thinking for this comment "smokey"?
PirateSports

Alfred, NY

#36 Nov 12, 2013
The whole last name thing is bullshit. Only people who weren't good enough say it. I didn't start every game on varsity my sophmore year (in soccer). I put in hard work to get better and became one of the best in the league my senior year. Now I play college. It has nothing to do with last name at all. Get over your attitudes that you didn't get to play bc of your last name.
Neutral

Gouverneur, NY

#37 Nov 16, 2013
Last name has a lot to do it with it but so does skill. With a school our size there are only so many athletes to choose from. The skilled players will play and when you have to start choosing from the athletes that are left with the same skill - it has been proven last name will be chosen first. If you are affiliated with the school that's a plus. If you shove your kids down the coaches throat - also seems to be a plus. Last name? Plus. Is this right? Of course not but good luck changing it. Only makes for conversation. All schools are the same. I am proud of our teams!!! Congratulations to our Section X soccer champs! Way to go boys!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sherburne Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Harrisville woman charged with DWI Tue love HCS 7
Harrisville haunted trail to continue this weekend Oct 15 fun times 1
Dr. James lentini Oct 15 Hester123 1
where are the points of interest in Norwich ? (Apr '12) Oct 15 Anonymous 21
Do people still move houses across the lake? Oct 14 high five 2
What a crock. Oct 14 googleit 13
What is really wrong with Harrisville? (Aug '13) Oct 5 Sam 43
Sherburne Dating
Find my Match

Sherburne Jobs