Depends on what your last name is. Haha
geesh

Somerville, MA

#4 Aug 14, 2013
and if you live o the other side of the tracks hahaha
Free Your Mind

Moravia, NY

#5 Aug 19, 2013
Cracks me up all these "parents" with 7th 0r 8th graders think their kids should play varsity sports!! Must be a new "status" or "respect" thing. Harrisville still has enough pool of kids to field their sports teams. Didn't need "young" kids, 5, 10, 15 or 30 years ago, we don't need them now. Play sports with your own age group, period!! You are not that good!!
cooter

Gouverneur, NY

#6 Aug 20, 2013
Free Your Mind wrote:
Cracks me up all these "parents" with 7th 0r 8th graders think their kids should play varsity sports!! Must be a new "status" or "respect" thing. Harrisville still has enough pool of kids to field their sports teams. Didn't need "young" kids, 5, 10, 15 or 30 years ago, we don't need them now. Play sports with your own age group, period!! You are not that good!!
What do you mean "parents"? I know you have issues with some students parents wanting the best for their kid and it interferes with others thoughts. Let's hear more. Get to the bottom of it and get it over with. Jeesh.
PIRATE

Jamesville, NY

#7 Aug 21, 2013
Free Your Mind wrote:
"...here we go again..." engaged mouth before brain can be dangerous to your well-being. To refresh your memory, you complained about two principal's (correct spelling) and one superintendent. Your thought process for not liking the hiring was declining student population. Then on this blog you are complaining about 8th graders playing varsity sports. You didn't do the math or check your logic behind your two posts, unless you are two-faced. Yes, there is a declining student population as you stated and it also reflects the numbers of students playing sports. Hence, 8th graders at times are needed to play varsity sports. Something you also forgot to mention is some of the these 8th graders or former 8th graders are somewhat talented athletically. So your solution is to keep all "talented athletes" on modified and not allow them on varsity to ensure your child gets to play? Ridiculous!
Free Your Mind

Moravia, NY

#8 Aug 21, 2013
PIRATE, I've seen and was one of those talented athletes that was "gifted so to speak" more so than their peers. Jealous, guilty, cause Folsom and Bearor were biased toward older players period. Young talent recognized but always had to "pay their dues", was always the norm for years. If you weren't a 12th grader or 10th grader, your playing time was limited, sign of the times. Jealous, yes i am, my apologies.
fudge

East Syracuse, NY

#9 Aug 22, 2013
Hell I played vars for 4 yrs and never saw much game time. I was just a good or better than other players yet nothing. It is all about last name.
well

Herkimer, NY

#10 Aug 23, 2013
it took me until varsity sports to be recognized for my capabilities sports, and now im a starting player on a college team. its all last name. no doubt.
long time resident

Boston, MA

#11 Aug 23, 2013
For HCS it's always been that way..If you didn't have the name you didn't play the game. No matter how good you were. It's such a shame...
batter

Gouverneur, NY

#14 Aug 26, 2013
long time resident wrote:
For HCS it's always been that way..If you didn't have the name you didn't play the game. No matter how good you were. It's such a shame...
What are the names we should be looking for?
scubble

Silver Spring, MD

#15 Aug 26, 2013
I think Augustus Gloop is a name we should all be looking for
Kiss kiss

Richmond Hill, NY

#16 Aug 27, 2013
It is all about parents shoving their kids down the coaches throats and sending them down to every practice for a free babysitter!! If you are a suck ass and have the right name you got it made !!!! Been like this for years .
name changer

Gouverneur, NY

#17 Aug 27, 2013
Kiss kiss wrote:
It is all about parents shoving their kids down the coaches throats and sending them down to every practice for a free babysitter!! If you are a suck ass and have the right name you got it made !!!! Been like this for years .
What names should I pick from?
scubble

Silver Spring, MD

#18 Aug 28, 2013
August Gloop Sir Reginald Fink and Lady Ga Ga are all good names to choose from...hope this helps
Mister Obvious

Gouverneur, NY

#19 Aug 28, 2013
scubble wrote:
August Gloop Sir Reginald Fink and Lady Ga Ga are all good names to choose from...hope this helps
I see you dragged your arse into the wrong conversation. POS.
scubble

Silver Spring, MD

#20 Aug 28, 2013
Mister Obvious is calling me a POS because I suggested some silly names? He must take his Pirate Sports real seriously to get so offended. My response to someone so easily offended is to offer some more names for batter to look out for:

Try Sherman Klump, Dilbert Pickles and Anthony Weiner...you're welcome
PIRATE

Jamesville, NY

#21 Sep 8, 2013
as i read all the comments on this page and decipher there meanings, a couple of items jumped up and slapped me. 1. that the new status symbol at HCS is playing on varsity as an 8th grader. 2. no matter your skill level, if you have the right name you have it made. lets discuss the first point shall we...i personally dont remember any 8th graders on any varsity team in the past three to four years. 8th graders have been on the jv basketball, but not on any varsity team. the second point is true some of the time but not always. it seems to me that in the near future most of the "in names" wont be around for everyone to bash. then what will we do?
traveler

Gouverneur, NY

#22 Sep 9, 2013
PIRATE wrote:
as i read all the comments on this page and decipher there meanings, a couple of items jumped up and slapped me. 1. that the new status symbol at HCS is playing on varsity as an 8th grader. 2. no matter your skill level, if you have the right name you have it made. lets discuss the first point shall we...i personally dont remember any 8th graders on any varsity team in the past three to four years. 8th graders have been on the jv basketball, but not on any varsity team. the second point is true some of the time but not always. it seems to me that in the near future most of the "in names" wont be around for everyone to bash. then what will we do?
Could you let me know what these names are. I am curious to hear them, any of them. This sounds like a crock of crap.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Sherburne Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Swept under the rug 14 hr jacko 7
Cavity search Sep 10 stalker 2
christy cole and daughter Sep 9 landowner 7
Home wrecker BANGO BENSON Sep 9 Harrisville 6
Harrisville Drugs Sep 6 Harrisville 28
Harrisville Art Program Sep 4 Harvey Wallbanger 10
Sarah Gregory Aug '17 Bust 1

Sherburne Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance