Hebron, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2011

Judged:

Has anyone ever used one of the at home drug tests at Walgreens, particularly the one for Marijuana in the green box? How accurate were they?
Ho-tep

New Albany, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2011

Judged:

Pretty accurate.
lennyfromthedepo t

Shepherdsville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2011

Judged:

the best drug test is you yourself if you are not able to tell if your child is on drugs you need help and if you think he is you are probably right take him to police station and get him tested dont be shy save him
learning a lesson

Brooks, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2011

Judged:

lennyfromthedepot wrote:
the best drug test is you yourself if you are not able to tell if your child is on drugs you need help and if you think he is you are probably right take him to police station and get him tested dont be shy save him
Don't let your child get to far into drugs,if indeed it is a child you are talking about,once involved it's hard to stop them,
Tee

Florence, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2011

Judged:

the at home drug test at the drug store are very accurate. They also have an option for you to mail it off for a free analysis at their lab if you run into any problems. There are 2 types available if I remember right. One will test for more substances then the other. The one test that tests for LESS substances is the easiest one to use at home. The one that test for more substances was more difficult. The pharmacist will help you if you have any questions. Good Luck to you. It wasn't so long ago my family had to go thru this and it was very heart wrenching.
spartan

Louisville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2011

Judged:

Peculiar that no one suspects that he might have a job interview in the morning.However,it is possible that some kids do drugs and handle them very well,so if it's your child that you're talking about than you should probably test him or her.But if the results are positive,you should really have a well thought out plan ready to cover the situation.Friendly communication is the most adequate tool for this task in my opinion.Whether it's your child or Publishers Printing,,,good luck both ways.
Ho-tep

New Albany, IN

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 16, 2011

Judged:

My only stipulation as far as drug use goes is that the harder drugs clear your system faster than the less harmful ones, etc. marijuana. What concerns me most is that pot smokers feel that there's nothing wrong with smoking first thing in the morning. To me that's on the same level as an alcoholic starting his day with a drink.
not me

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 17, 2011

Judged:

Ho-tep wrote:
My only stipulation as far as drug use goes is that the harder drugs clear your system faster than the less harmful ones, etc. marijuana. What concerns me most is that pot smokers feel that there's nothing wrong with smoking first thing in the morning. To me that's on the same level as an alcoholic starting his day with a drink.
to me its like a smoker startin the morning with a smoke. totally different. would much rather be on the road with a pot head than a drunk...
lesson learned

Brooks, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 17, 2011

Judged:

not me wrote:
<quoted text>
to me its like a smoker startin the morning with a smoke. totally different. would much rather be on the road with a pot head than a drunk...
That may be true,but they are still drugs,illegal drugs,and the further you can keep your children,family and friends away from them the better off their life will be,DRUGS IS A SURE WAY TO MESS UP YOUR LIFE!!!!!!! Stay in close touch with your kids,because when they get on drugs,they will say,and or do just about anything to get them!!!!!!! that was a hard learned lesson on my part!!!!! JUST SAY NO TO DRUGS
Resident

Hebron, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 18, 2011

Judged:

So if I gave this test to my child and it came back negative.. is there a pretty good chance its correct, or should i take her to the dr office and have them do one instead? I didnt know how reliable these things are compared to the "real thing"

Since: Sep 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 26, 2011

Judged:

If you get the 10 panel drug test. It is the same one I had to use for court system. I was sent to a place on Bardstown Rd. It was actually cheaper for me to do it there.
They are nice people just a lil office especially for drug testing for jobs or court. It is right next to papa johns. But yeah if it is negative at home then it is true. I even went to walgreens paid 50 bucks and took the at home test before I went.(cause there was a possibility I couldve been negative for pot) Then when I got there I only paid thirty dollars for the exact same one and it was better I think because you have someone trained to do it for you.
old friend

Louisville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 17, 2011

Judged:

Resident wrote:
So if I gave this test to my child and it came back negative.. is there a pretty good chance its correct, or should i take her to the dr office and have them do one instead? I didnt know how reliable these things are compared to the "real thing"
most doctors offices and immediate care centers can not drug test childred. if you wanted one done for yourself you could pay for it, but you could not request one for a child. Emergency rooms might be different, or places like Baptist Works...depending on how old the child is, there are ways to pass a drug test such as taking efferdent or drinking alot of water. so make sure they don't know when you're going to do it!
jimbo

Tinley Park, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 23, 2011

Judged:

The drug test kits at your local drugstore are extremely accurate, assuming your child has not diluted his urine. One thing to note is that these test kits have a 2 line result for a negative reading. The first line is a control line(meaning it is telling you that the test is valid) if you get no second line at all(and you better look hard because the line is always faint, no matter what) then it is positive for the drug. Just remember the 2nd line is always faint no matter what, it doesn't mean it's positive because the line is faint.
If you want to be extra sure, test yourself first to compare. You'll find that even your urine will only give you a faint negative.
Robin

Louisville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2011

Judged:

don't waste your time and money on the home test kits. If you have reason to believe you need a drug test then take the subject to drug test center.
Brad

West Palm Beach, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 20, 2012

Judged:

lennyfromthedepot wrote:
Listen we don't need a lecture buddy. We know all this. Look at the question! They want to know the accuracy of a walgreens drug test. They never say for their child, for them or for their dog. I really can't stand people with think they are better than everyone else. You probably don't even have children and would have no idea if they smoked weed or not.$1000 says if I was your kid I could smoke weed everyday, in your bedroom, and you would never know I smoked. I'm just saying keep your unintellegent and pompus ass opinion to yourself. Go check on your kid because they are probably smoking meth.(Because I gave it to them)
jughead

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 21, 2012

Judged:

any dope is dope pot or meth its all the same i would just as soon to smack a pot head as a meth head let me knock some sense into these people wake up you are not going to have a thing if you dont get your act together
pii

Sarasota, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2012

Judged:

jughead wrote:
any dope is dope pot or meth its all the same i would just as soon to smack a pot head as a meth head let me knock some sense into these people wake up you are not going to have a thing if you dont get your act together
Are just as willing to smack a person drinking a beer or a smoking a cig? The only difference between me smoking weed and a person drinking a 6 pack is they are going to be a hell of a lot more intoxicated. Also Nicotine is one of the most addictive drugs on the planet and of course we all know cigs kill millions. So my question stands would you smack them also?
Awake by stander

Austin, TX

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 3, 2012

Judged:

jughead wrote:
There is a HUGE difference between meth and pot! Your above statement is ridiculous. Marijuana is naturally growing plant that has MANY positive medicinal purposes. My father was diagnosed with emphysema when I was 10 years old. He also had complications due to Agent Orange poisoning. At 5' 10" he was 180lbs before getting sick. By the time I was 12 he was under 100lbs!!! He was given "wasting drugs" that are usually prescribed to very late stage cancer and AIDS patients. These drugs are VERY expensive and don't work well at all. Plus, they were not covered by Champus. Thanks to our "pot head" neighbor my father was able to gain back over 60lbs in the next two years. I am CERTAIN that it added a couple of less painful years to his life. So, if you don't know what you're talking about...it's best to just STFU.
john

Placentia, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2012

Judged:

not me wrote:
<quoted text>
what's the difference...they are both impaired and should not be driving
jughead

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2012

Judged:

let me knock some sense into you where and when

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of212
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

14 Users are viewing the Shepherdsville Forum right now

Search the Shepherdsville Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
KY Can You Pass an 8th Grade Test from 1912? (Aug '13) 21 min Boop 918
KY Hundreds of birds die in western Ky. (Jan '11) 32 min sPam 81,188
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 1 hr Jay 138,304
girl at kids doctors office 3 hr Blah 3
Wes Roberts???? 3 hr Need2know 3
the round table (Aug '11) 4 hr Willie 9,910
Who is the best person for sheriff ? 4 hr just saying 12
•••

Freeze Warning for Bullitt County was issued at April 16 at 3:27AM EDT