Any new restaurants coming to Shepher...

Any new restaurants coming to Shepherdsville anytime soon?

Posted in the Shepherdsville Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
DaleJr88fan

Georgetown, IN

#1 Aug 17, 2009
Does anyone know if there are any plans to build/open any new restaurants locally? I thought for sure they would put a few on the new road Conestoga Pkwy or on John Harper...I had heard that TGIF and O'Charley's were coming...but haven't heard anything lately. Just wondering.
JohnT

United States

#2 Aug 20, 2009
not until city council gets the entire city Sunday sales and not just the golf course. It is an unspoken rule of those nice sit down establishments.
Politics

Louisville, KY

#3 Nov 5, 2009
It's funny how Sunday sales got denied for restaurants but approved for golf courses. Shep won't get anything until that's changed. For some reason people get Holy on the council and everyone follows. I guess we need to get the youth voting to make these changes.
Truthand Justice

United States

#4 Nov 6, 2009
I have talked to some of the higher scale restaurants and "unofficially" they told me that the reason they don't come to an area like ours is because several things have to factor in. They claim that numer of people in the area, average income level, number and type of existing restaurants, how many have closed in the area, how close are they to another area that has all the qualifing factors. They do look at Sunday alcohol sales but they told me that it only has a small part in the decision. I would like to see the restaurants come as much as the rest of you but at this point I just can't see Sunday Sales making the difference. I can't blame the council for saying no. It is so rare nowadays to see people stick up for God in a world that is over ran with crime, hate, murder,porn, etc. I'd like to see the council focus on cleaning up the town, keep improving the park and improve our roadways.

Since: Nov 07

The Ville

#5 Nov 18, 2009
DaleJr88fan wrote:
Does anyone know if there are any plans to build/open any new restaurants locally? I thought for sure they would put a few on the new road Conestoga Pkwy or on John Harper...I had heard that TGIF and O'Charley's were coming...but haven't heard anything lately. Just wondering.
Big Boy's coming soon..lol
Just Possible

United States

#6 Nov 19, 2009
DaleJr88fan wrote:
Does anyone know if there are any plans to build/open any new restaurants locally? I thought for sure they would put a few on the new road Conestoga Pkwy or on John Harper...I had heard that TGIF and O'Charley's were coming...but haven't heard anything lately. Just wondering.
Great News!!!! on Conestoga Parkway, they have started clearing the land for a state of the art Frisch's Big Boy, it will open early January or Feburary. Also, a wonderful steak house that has resturants in Lexington and other parts of the state is in the nogiation for land to build a "Cattlemen's Steak House", and the lists go on. I feel confidnet the steak house will be here early spring. I stopped by one when I was going to Lexington. The meal was 5 star, the steaks wonderful, the salad bar fantastic. My family has been living in Shepherdsville for many years, I get excited about the growth of the City and County and the progress, no individual can take credit for this. It has been a team effort by many. My children and grandchildren live in and love out community. We are blessed. God Bless
Gotta try it

Sellersburg, IN

#7 Nov 22, 2009
Roasted Joe's restaurant opens tomorrow. Located on highway 44 east,by Bullitt Central. Very good food,and cheap. Must try their pretzel roll and waffle fries!
Politics

Louisville, KY

#8 Nov 23, 2009
Truthand Justice wrote:
I have talked to some of the higher scale restaurants and "unofficially" they told me that the reason they don't come to an area like ours is because several things have to factor in. They claim that numer of people in the area, average income level, number and type of existing restaurants, how many have closed in the area, how close are they to another area that has all the qualifing factors. They do look at Sunday alcohol sales but they told me that it only has a small part in the decision. I would like to see the restaurants come as much as the rest of you but at this point I just can't see Sunday Sales making the difference. I can't blame the council for saying no. It is so rare nowadays to see people stick up for God in a world that is over ran with crime, hate, murder,porn, etc. I'd like to see the council focus on cleaning up the town, keep improving the park and improve our roadways.
I don't disagree that people should consider religion. I do however find it funny that golf courses got the pass for Sunday sales after it was denied for restaurants? My thought is that if you can't have it for one, why allow it for others. It's a good ole boy system in Shepherdsville and it will be as long as we allow it to be.
Truthand Justice

United States

#9 Nov 24, 2009
Politics I agree it is wrong that the golf course has Sunday sales and no one else does. One of the council members voted it down originally but the 2nd time they did vote for it. That person is no longer on the council. Shepherdsville is suppose to be having a voting machine set up so people can vote for or against it. It should prove interesting.
bullitt county mom

Louisville, KY

#10 Nov 24, 2009
I heard from the owners of a Pizza Hut that they were coming to Shepherdsville
your opinion

Fitzgerald, GA

#12 Jan 17, 2010
Triple Crown Steakhouse will be opening come feb /2010. Its located just behind the Waffle House here in Bullitt. Have been eating lately at the Texas House Grill at exit 127/ outer loop. Can't wait to tryyyyyyyyy Triple Crown ????? Hope this helps ''Dale jr 88 Fan !!
rhonnyb

Richmond, VA

#13 Mar 11, 2010
Triple Crown is OPEN !!!!!!!
Still Hungry

Louisville, KY

#14 Mar 11, 2010
Not very impressed with Triple Crown, they didn't change the feel of the place, it does, and has always felt hollow and empty, there is NO atmosphere at all, it needs booths and a more cozy feel. The food was not all that great either. I wish we could get chain type places instead of mom and pops.
karaokequeen

Jeffersonville, IN

#15 Mar 17, 2010
They are getting a frisches by white castle.
Justin

Moyock, NC

#16 Mar 18, 2010
TRIPLE CROWN IS AMAZING!!! TONS OF BOURBON AND THE BOURBON SEARED RIBEYE IS FANTASTIC, THE BURGERS ARE 100% NATURAL GREAT GRILLED TASTE. ONION RINGS ARE TO DIE FOR, AND THE GREEN BEANS TASTE LIKE THEY HAVE BEEN IN THE CROCKPOT FOR HOURS!! GREAT PLACE TO TAKE FAMILY AND HEAD OUT WITH FRIENDS TO WATCH TV ON THE ASSORTMENT OF LARGE SCREEN TV'S
Theresa

Austin, TX

#17 May 5, 2010
Still Hungry wrote:
Not very impressed with Triple Crown, they didn't change the feel of the place, it does, and has always felt hollow and empty, there is NO atmosphere at all, it needs booths and a more cozy feel. The food was not all that great either. I wish we could get chain type places instead of mom and pops.
My family and I went to triple crown and it was AWESOME...lots of food....had to take some home! Great food and super service from EVERYONE!!!!!
Steve

United States

#18 Jun 4, 2010
Triple crown was delicious happy hr 2-7 1.50 wells and buy 1 get 1 margaritas
rhonnyb

Ft Mitchell, KY

#19 Jul 18, 2010
Triple Crown is an Official WWE Blast Zone, Every Pay-Per-View is being shown!!! NO COVER like at some places that charge $ 5.00+ a person.
Lvillerealtor

Shelby, OH

#22 Sep 29, 2010
Triple Crown was pretty good, wish there was 1 in Louisville but 15 minutes is worth the drive. The steaks are big great & juicy wish i could eat like that at home. Bar is nice with lots of TVs but seems fishbowly. Appetizers were great using fresh mushrooms and chicken strips i saw them battering them up before frying. Service is hit or miss but FOOD was GREAT !
Correction

Pewee Valley, KY

#23 Oct 7, 2010
Cattleman's Steakhouse is coming to Shepherdsville. They are gonna be on Conestoga Parkway near Lowe's. Think they are supposed to open in febreuary or march. Finally we should have a great place to eat...Triple Crown started out good but have lost their momentum the last couple months. The food and service are horrible lately. I have eaten my last meal there. Adding smoking to the building was the last straw for me. I had a lot of respect when they held their ground on non smoking...now they have waffled...make up your mind. Oh well soon enough we will have a great place to eat in Shepherdsville.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Shepherdsville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Smokey Oak takes his cat Gemini to the living room 12 hr Alex Phelps 2
Blond guy who works at White Castle 15 hr Chase 2
Smokey Oak calls Grizzly G 15 hr rylermyler 1
get on yor nees and s uck my wiener please! 17 hr Knocked 17
I just want to su ck a d!ck 17 hr rylermyler 3
miss jc (Nov '12) 19 hr Wondertime 38
will you s uck my wiener? 23 hr A lady 31

Shepherdsville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Shepherdsville Mortgages