Posted in the Shepherdsville Forum

First Prev
of 11
Next Last
Joe

United States

#1 Jan 27, 2010
Danny Maraman

Maraman, 47, feels differently than Knox about housing federal inmates.

While Knox said the work needed to house the inmates is not worth the money, Maraman contends federal inmates are “where the money is at.”

The U.S. government paid state and local prisons $62.11 on average per day for each federal inmate in 2008, according to the Department of Justice Web site.

In the past, Fiscal Court has decided against housing federal inmates.

Maraman, who lives in Shepherdsville, said he would review jail contracts to see if cuts can be made if he is elected.

“I'm always for the deputies making more money … but you have to do that in a fair way for the whole county,” he said.

He said he hopes to foster a good working relationship with Fiscal Court by presenting cost-cutting measures along with requests for money.

He is a truck driver for the Bullitt road department but worked as chief deputy at the jail for five or six years, he said.

Maraman, a past president of the Bullitt County Cattleman's Association, lost the election for jailer to Fackler in 1998 and elections for 4th District magistrate in 2002 and 1993.

“I will be fair and honest with all,” he said.

“I think it will take someone who can pull from all over the county” to win.
Danny M

United States

#2 Jan 27, 2010
My name is Danny Maraman. I am running for Bullitt County Jailer in May. I would like to ask everyone for their support. I was born here and I love my county. I am a farmer, who loves livestock. I grow tobacco and hay. I am a past president of the Bullitt County Cattleman's Association. I work for the jail more than 11 years and ended as Chief Deputy. I am currently working for the Road Dept. I am sure you have seen me this winter cleaning your roads. I have been working for the county for 23 years. I am running for Jailer to save taxpayers money and to keep it honest and fair treatment of inmates and victims and employees. Our county taxpayers deserves a ballooning budget of the jail to be brought back into shape. There will be no take home vehicles, this way it will save maint. and gas cost to the county and the vehicles could stay there where the staff would have them when needed. All contracts involving the jail will be reviewed (Commissary, phones, medical & etc) to see where cuts could be made or to make sure there is no waste. There will be no bonuses paid from prisoner's accounts. I started back in the 90's , the Prisoners Work Program which has been a great asset keeping our county clean. I am looking forward to running a clean honest and friendly campaign. If I win, I promise to be honest and fair to all. Thank you
justin

United States

#3 Jan 27, 2010
Hey! You got my vote, That jail needs a serious change and imagine. Good luck
Tina

United States

#4 Jan 27, 2010
Danny you get out there and let people see what a smart & friendly guy you are. You got my vote and family's.
George

United States

#5 Jan 27, 2010
Do you got any scoops on anyone else running in the race? I often wonder why all the people who did sign up what was their motive. Only You and Martha Knox actually has a clue what goes on at the jail. Why dont you and Martha team up? good luck man
Danny M

United States

#6 Jan 27, 2010
George wrote:
Do you got any scoops on anyone else running in the race? I often wonder why all the people who did sign up what was their motive. Only You and Martha Knox actually has a clue what goes on at the jail. Why dont you and Martha team up? good luck man
I will tell you, I am running a clean race. I will not degrade any of the candidates. They all have their own reasons to run. I just want to make some changes and if you know of something needed, please respond. I would like to get all different types of ideas. Thank you Danny
Danny M

United States

#7 Jan 27, 2010
justin wrote:
Hey! You got my vote, That jail needs a serious change and imagine. Good luck
thank you for your support. Danny
Danny M

United States

#8 Jan 27, 2010
Tina wrote:
Danny you get out there and let people see what a smart & friendly guy you are. You got my vote and family's.
Thank you for your support. Danny
Nick

United States

#9 Jan 27, 2010
Hello, Why does EMS and the jail have such a big budget? EMS doesnt house anyone and the jail has 300 beds. What I was reading in the paper the employees dont get paid nearly enough like EMS. EMS also gets insurance so why so much? Answer this please. One More thing, why does supervisors of both places ride around on taxpayers gas? They shouldnt be able to do that.
Sounds good on paper

United States

#10 Jan 27, 2010
Joe wrote:
Danny Maraman
Maraman, 47, feels differently than Knox about housing federal inmates.
While Knox said the work needed to house the inmates is not worth the money, Maraman contends federal inmates are “where the money is at.”
The U.S. government paid state and local prisons $62.11 on average per day for each federal inmate in 2008, according to the Department of Justice Web site.
In the past, Fiscal Court has decided against housing federal inmates.
Maraman, who lives in Shepherdsville, said he would review jail contracts to see if cuts can be made if he is elected.
“I'm always for the deputies making more money … but you have to do that in a fair way for the whole county,” he said.
He said he hopes to foster a good working relationship with Fiscal Court by presenting cost-cutting measures along with requests for money.
He is a truck driver for the Bullitt road department but worked as chief deputy at the jail for five or six years, he said.
Maraman, a past president of the Bullitt County Cattleman's Association, lost the election for jailer to Fackler in 1998 and elections for 4th District magistrate in 2002 and 1993.
“I will be fair and honest with all,” he said.
“I think it will take someone who can pull from all over the county” to win.
Let's face it, even if this sounds good on paper, there are a lot of obstacles to overcome. I run my own business, I could show you a million things that "Sound Good On Paper", however; in reality they just cannot happen. I did not see any qualifications for Maramans prior leadship, nor; did I see any comments about his administrative leadership ability. You MUST have Admistrative Ability to run the jail, it must be ran as a business. It is a business that is paid for by tax payers money. If Mr. Maraman has any of these qualities, show me, I will then listen and take note.
It only takes a good creative writer, to make any candidate look as if he has the greastest abiltiy to run the jail. The proof is, have you ever managed, supervised individuals. Have you ever worked on a project with a large budget. Show me.
Robbin

United States

#11 Jan 28, 2010
Sounds good on paper wrote:
<quoted text>
Let's face it, even if this sounds good on paper, there are a lot of obstacles to overcome. I run my own business, I could show you a million things that "Sound Good On Paper", however; in reality they just cannot happen. I did not see any qualifications for Maramans prior leadship, nor; did I see any comments about his administrative leadership ability. You MUST have Admistrative Ability to run the jail, it must be ran as a business. It is a business that is paid for by tax payers money. If Mr. Maraman has any of these qualities, show me, I will then listen and take note.
It only takes a good creative writer, to make any candidate look as if he has the greastest abiltiy to run the jail. The proof is, have you ever managed, supervised individuals. Have you ever worked on a project with a large budget. Show me.
You are right but wrong. Danny has ran the jail and does run a business, it is called farming. Yes he has managed and supervised.
He used to be Chief Deputy Jailer. His uncles are on the board. He also has common sense. Plus he was the president of the Cattleman's association. His niece is the public defender for the county and keeps him up to laws.He has many connections. Not to mention in general, he just loves helping people. He is patient and never had one complaint out of 13 years working at the jail.
Cowboy

United States

#12 Jan 28, 2010
You got my vote.. Good luck
Helen

United States

#13 Jan 28, 2010
Hello. What # did you get today? Good luck
Danny M

United States

#14 Jan 28, 2010
Helen wrote:
Hello. What # did you get today? Good luck
#8 (last position). The 8-ball in the right corner! They saved the best for the last.
Buttercup

Louisville, KY

#15 Jan 28, 2010
Danny M wrote:
Our county taxpayers deserves a ballooning budget of the jail to be brought back into shape.
Would you please explain what a ballooning budget is?
Worked with Danny

United States

#16 Jan 28, 2010
Danny M wrote:
My name is Danny Maraman. I am running for Bullitt County Jailer in May. I would like to ask everyone for their support. I was born here and I love my county. I am a farmer, who loves livestock. I grow tobacco and hay. I am a past president of the Bullitt County Cattleman's Association. I work for the jail more than 11 years and ended as Chief Deputy. I am currently working for the Road Dept. I am sure you have seen me this winter cleaning your roads. I have been working for the county for 23 years. I am running for Jailer to save taxpayers money and to keep it honest and fair treatment of inmates and victims and employees. Our county taxpayers deserves a ballooning budget of the jail to be brought back into shape. There will be no take home vehicles, this way it will save maint. and gas cost to the county and the vehicles could stay there where the staff would have them when needed. All contracts involving the jail will be reviewed (Commissary, phones, medical & etc) to see where cuts could be made or to make sure there is no waste. There will be no bonuses paid from prisoner's accounts. I started back in the 90's , the Prisoners Work Program which has been a great asset keeping our county clean. I am looking forward to running a clean honest and friendly campaign. If I win, I promise to be honest and fair to all. Thank you
Danny M is a good person, however; all of us who know him, knows he may have had input into this statement, however; he did not write it. I would like for him to tell it in his owns words. We have had enough of promises of what "I" can do, what "I" did and what "I" will do. Ralph was the Jailer and Danny is his nephew, of course he made Chief Deputy, is this not correct. I think we should have a clean campaign, however; I think the candidates should run themselves and not have others run it for them. The 90's was a long time ago,many things have changed since them. We appreciate you cleaning our roads, but, we need an administrator to run the jail. There are three candidates whom, I would consider. However; In my opinion, I think Kenny Waters, has the leadership which will be needed to handle the complex problems of todays "jail". I also believe it is not running a negative campaign when you put what you believe to be the truth on these posts. "We" are looking for "facts".
Ralph

United States

#17 Jan 28, 2010
Worked with Danny wrote:
<quoted text>
Danny M is a good person, however; all of us who know him, knows he may have had input into this statement, however; he did not write it. I would like for him to tell it in his owns words. We have had enough of promises of what "I" can do, what "I" did and what "I" will do. Ralph was the Jailer and Danny is his nephew, of course he made Chief Deputy, is this not correct. I think we should have a clean campaign, however; I think the candidates should run themselves and not have others run it for them. The 90's was a long time ago,many things have changed since them. We appreciate you cleaning our roads, but, we need an administrator to run the jail. There are three candidates whom, I would consider. However; In my opinion, I think Kenny Waters, has the leadership which will be needed to handle the complex problems of todays "jail". I also believe it is not running a negative campaign when you put what you believe to be the truth on these posts. "We" are looking for "facts".
Are you kidding. Waters should be flush down the tiolet. Get real go to his page. The Fact is your man has lost!
Danny M

United States

#18 Jan 29, 2010
Worked with Danny wrote:
<quoted text>
Hi!The fact is I did write my own words and stand by them. The 1st article, came from the paper though, I had nothing to do with putting it here. But, I did do my own introduction. Ralph B is my uncle, I was hired by Kenny Cox. Yes 90's is along time ago, even though back then, we ran the same amount of prisoners as today with only 18 full time employees and some part time. Now they have about 36 full-time employees and some part-time. The difference is our budget was 1 million 50 thousand and their's is nearly at 3 million. So maybe, its time for the 90's to come back. They do have 300 beds, which I was in on the planning stage of it, but not all the beds are being used, this is why I would like to start federal prisoners being placed here, so the county could make money and hold cost down for the taxpayers and bring in more pay for the employees. You may know me as you say, but I am not in this race for the money, but for myself, I really enjoyed working and making a difference for all the people I dealt with from employees, inmates, court system, and in general serving the people of Bullitt County. Yes it is a business, but it is one business that I am sure I am great at running this business. Before you vote, and you say you know me, try knowing the facts about me and what I could do for the jail operations. I would like for you to reconsider your vote. Snow is coming, drive safely. Thank you, Danny M.
Danny M

United States

#19 Jan 29, 2010
Buttercup wrote:
<quoted text>
Would you please explain what a ballooning budget is?
Yes I will, it is a budget that is getting out of shape from over spending tax-payers money, It has wasteful spending, example: take home vehicles, which I will stop. If it does'nt let some air out of the balloon, it will pop.Which means higher taxes for you and me. Please vote for me. Thank you Danny M.
Worked with Danny

Milan, GA

#20 Jan 29, 2010
Thank you for setting me straight, appreciate you taking the time to get your view accross. The one thing I know, is that I can certainly say, that the people around you have always liked you. I asked a guy this morning at the restuant "What do you think of Danny's chance. He said, Danny is the type a guy, that if he passes you on the interstate and your car is broken down, he will stop and help you. That made me think, I have to agree with him. If I have offended you, I certainly did not mean too. Danny, you have given me reason to think about some of my decisions.

I asked the Walls guy the other day what he thought. He had nothing but good things to say about you. When the person running against you for the same job, thinks a lot of you, than now that says a lot of both of your character.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 11
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Shepherdsville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Melanie...Melanie...Melanie 9 min QotBG 3
pizza 13 min QotBG 3
what the hell is wrong with this town (Nov '15) 10 hr 1-75th Bravo co D... 24
Andrea Cahill is working for drug taak (Mar '17) 12 hr Miss u 17
Excel Auto Sales (Jan '11) 13 hr Seen it 14
Amanda Norris giving away her tuna 18 hr Wtf 1
Amanda Norris (Nov '11) 18 hr School Parent 41

Shepherdsville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance