BeenAwhile

Bardstown, KY

#1 Jan 25, 2013
I know most of you do not like bus driver's, they make to many stops when your in a hurry, they are to slow, but to be honest we carry your kids, if not your then a family member of your's we are the first to see them before school and the last to see them after, some of us are close friends with some of you others just from the bus stops but we take care of your child like our own, but for some reason the superintendent seems to think that certified (Teachers Counselors) employees need raises more then classified (Bus Drivers, Monitors, teachers aide, bus aide) employees so now it's really time for the voice of the county to be heard let Mr Davis know that this is unacceptable and unfair to the people who REALLY deserve the raise.
Mr Davis contract was not extented so he want to make all the money he could before he was out which is undeserving of a person whom nobody ever see's, they always have to go to the 2nd in command, don't get me wrong Mrs Sexton is nice to deal with anytime but she can't help fix this problem, to bad!!!

“GAME OVER”

Since: Jan 13

Bellevue, WA

#2 Jan 25, 2013
I agree bus drivers have a lot of responsibility driving and keeping those kids safe at the same time they have to keep order i wouldnt have the patients
Mee

United States

#3 Jan 25, 2013
Agreed! I've always said I don't have the patience to drive a bus; and I work with children on a regular basis. It has to be difficult to drive safely with a bus load of children screaming, running around and fighting because you have your parents who no longer teach respect. It's a thankless job and it takes a special person. Thank you and God bless you for getting my babies home safe!
BeenAwhile

Bardstown, KY

#4 Jan 25, 2013
We love the kids or we would not do it, we do have alot of problems like people cutting us off, or stopping to quick in front of the bus, people these buses do not stop on a dime!!!
The county has not given raises in 5 years and we have only gotten Cost Of Living from the state which averages out to 1 percent, then that's taken away in taxes so we're not winning for losing at this rate.
curious

Shepherdsville, KY

#5 Jan 25, 2013
BeenAwhile wrote:
I know most of you do not like bus driver's, they make to many stops when your in a hurry, they are to slow, but to be honest we carry your kids, if not your then a family member of your's we are the first to see them before school and the last to see them after, some of us are close friends with some of you others just from the bus stops but we take care of your child like our own, but for some reason the superintendent seems to think that certified (Teachers Counselors) employees need raises more then classified (Bus Drivers, Monitors, teachers aide, bus aide) employees so now it's really time for the voice of the county to be heard let Mr Davis know that this is unacceptable and unfair to the people who REALLY deserve the raise.
Mr Davis contract was not extented so he want to make all the money he could before he was out which is undeserving of a person whom nobody ever see's, they always have to go to the 2nd in command, don't get me wrong Mrs Sexton is nice to deal with anytime but she can't help fix this problem, to bad!!!
Just curious where did you get this information from?In the past it has always been drivers got whatever pay raise teachers did.
BentOver

United States

#6 Jan 29, 2013
If bus driver get the same as teacher do then we would like to see that pay raise in our pockets as they got something like a 15% pay raise plus a cost of living so no we do no get the same as teachers... So we would like to know where our raise is if at one day no drivers showed up what would those high paid teacher do then they would not have any kids to teach and they did not get paid?? If the kids are misbehaving is class they have it dealt with on the bus they tell the driver to deal with it ...Bus driver are not being treated fair when it comes to being paid maybe the news board member will have their eyes wide open and see that we are jus as important as any office staff that is out there!!
Scarecrow

Louisville, KY

#7 Jan 29, 2013
I like bus drivers that have blond hair and blue eyes, nice boobs and can fit in a size 10 dress. If they can pick attractive shoes,,,, well he** YES........
really curious

Shepherdsville, KY

#8 Jan 29, 2013
BentOver wrote:
If bus driver get the same as teacher do then we would like to see that pay raise in our pockets as they got something like a 15% pay raise plus a cost of living so no we do no get the same as teachers... So we would like to know where our raise is if at one day no drivers showed up what would those high paid teacher do then they would not have any kids to teach and they did not get paid?? If the kids are misbehaving is class they have it dealt with on the bus they tell the driver to deal with it ...Bus driver are not being treated fair when it comes to being paid maybe the news board member will have their eyes wide open and see that we are jus as important as any office staff that is out there!!
For starters teachers havent had a raise in forever either so not sure where you have gotten this info. 15% are you kidding? Even Keith Davis doesnt get those kinda raises. I believe some office staff recieved raises but not teachers. YOu have the right to not show up for work but guess what... they will replace you!Teachers dont make nearly what they should nor does support staff.To say teachers dont deserve raises is asinine. I dont know one high paid teacher!
spartan

Louisville, KY

#9 Jan 29, 2013
BeenAwhile wrote:
Think about that."Bus drivers,monitors and teachers aides" in one corner,,,school "teachers" in the other corner.With all due respect,one corner is loaded with positions that can be filled by any monkey who's capable of tying his own shoes.Teachers on the other hand,as idealistic and unrealistic as most of them can be,,,did have to go to extra schoolin' for the position.In short,"yes","ab solutely",and "without fail",,,everytime there's a big enough pie at the table,,,then the bus drivers should get a piece.However.when there's only so many pieces of pie available to share and it falls between giving it to an educator who spent four plus years in college just so she could come teach the ABC's to my little bundle of cuteness,,,and the bus-driver who teaches nothing,needs no "special" skills to present on a daily basis,and has no overhead for maintaining a professional appearance,,,I'd probably give the money to the teachers as well.
bc bus driver

Shepherdsville, KY

#10 Jan 30, 2013
spartan wrote:
<quoted text>Think about that."Bus drivers,monitors and teachers aides" in one corner,,,school "teachers" in the other corner.With all due respect,one corner is loaded with positions that can be filled by any monkey who's capable of tying his own shoes.Teachers on the other hand,as idealistic and unrealistic as most of them can be,,,did have to go to extra schoolin' for the position.In short,"yes","ab solutely",and "without fail",,,everytime there's a big enough pie at the table,,,then the bus drivers should get a piece.However.when there's only so many pieces of pie available to share and it falls between giving it to an educator who spent four plus years in college just so she could come teach the ABC's to my little bundle of cuteness,,,and the bus-driver who teaches nothing,needs no "special" skills to present on a daily basis,and has no overhead for maintaining a professional appearance,,,I'd
probably give the money to the teachers as well.
I have pondered your post all morning as I drove my bus route. You Mark Lee probably cant even get clearance to go on school field trips!Any monkey? Guess what you couldnt drive a bus since you have to pass a criminal background check,motor vehichle check, and random drug and alcohol tests! So i guess not any idiot could do it! I do way more than just drive a bus... I am counselor, referee, nurse, and the lists goes on and on. Most people cant handle their own kids acting crazy in their car try it with 50 kids in the big yellow bus! You ever worked a job for four years without a raise? Forget it stupid question! lol. By the way if you happen to know some monkeys who can tie their shoes we always have the now hiring sign on the door!!!!I hope teachers get a raise just like I hope I do!!!

Louisville, KY

#11 Jan 30, 2013
bc bus driver wrote:
<quoted text>
I have pondered your post all morning as I drove my bus route. You Mark Lee probably cant even get clearance to go on school field trips!Any monkey? Guess what you couldnt drive a bus since you have to pass a criminal background check,motor vehichle check, and random drug and alcohol tests! So i guess not any idiot could do it! I do way more than just drive a bus... I am counselor, referee, nurse, and the lists goes on and on. Most people cant handle their own kids acting crazy in their car try it with 50 kids in the big yellow bus! You ever worked a job for four years without a raise? Forget it stupid question! lol. By the way if you happen to know some monkeys who can tie their shoes we always have the now hiring sign on the door!!!!I hope teachers get a raise just like I hope I do!!!
You're making a strong point on your behalf kiddo.spartan would probably get charged with a misdemeanor for even asking about the job,so indeed,,,not just anybody could do it.Honestly though,I wasn't trying to minimize your position.I'm actually sorry about that.I was trying to make a point though,that the decision to give to teachers and not bus drivers was probably based on available funds.And if that's the case,then the outcome seems to be the obvious choice.And I'm honestly sorry to say that because all of my teachers were hard core,old school,square eggs with no sense of humor,,,but almost all of my bus-drivers were cool.All I was really trying to say though,is it's more cost and time efficient to cultivate a bus driver or a ride-along than it is to cultivate someone with the ability to teach the ABC's to our little bundles of cuteness.Sorry about the way you're taking it though.
Holly

Louisville, KY

#12 Jan 30, 2013
1spartan wrote:
<quoted text>You're making a strong point on your behalf kiddo.spartan would probably get charged with a misdemeanor for even asking about the job,so indeed,,,not just anybody could do it.Honestly though,I wasn't trying to minimize your position.I'm actually sorry about that.I was trying to make a point though,that the decision to give to teachers and not bus drivers was probably based on available funds.And if that's the case,then the outcome seems to be the obvious choice.And I'm honestly sorry to say that because all of my teachers were hard core,old school,square eggs with no sense of humor,,,but almost all of my bus-drivers were cool.All I was really trying to say though,is it's more cost and time efficient to cultivate a bus driver or a ride-along than it is to cultivate someone with the ability to teach the ABC's to our little bundles of cuteness.Sorry about the way you're taking it though.
Well look who registered! Weren't you one of the people who argued with me about having a post count when you register? Hmmmm.

Louisville, KY

#13 Jan 30, 2013
Holly wrote:
<quoted text>
Well look who registered! Weren't you one of the people who argued with me about having a post count when you register? Hmmmm.
Cute.
ggg

Louisville, KY

#14 Jan 30, 2013
Holly wrote:
<quoted text>
Wacha gonna do when they come for you........

“GAME OVER”

Shepherdsville, KY

#15 Jan 30, 2013
Holly wrote:
<quoted text>
you a lie GAME OVER
Curious

Bardstown, KY

#16 Feb 3, 2013
So a monkey whom can sit by them self and tie their own shoes can pass all those test to get a CDL then train (without pay) on the bus for weeks then finally cute loose to drive that cuteness of joy that does no wrong.. Regardless the teachers have not got a raise as long as the bus drivers so maybe the county really needs to wake up before they all end up on the front steps of the board office while your little bundles of joy are still waiting for that bus to come or when you go to drop them off at school and there is no one there to receive them, just something Bullitt County needs to think about before the next election

Louisville, KY

#17 Feb 4, 2013
Curious wrote:
So a monkey whom can sit by them self and tie their own shoes can pass all those test to get a CDL then train (without pay) on the bus for weeks then finally cute loose to drive that cuteness of joy that does no wrong.. Regardless the teachers have not got a raise as long as the bus drivers so maybe the county really needs to wake up before they all end up on the front steps of the board office while your little bundles of joy are still waiting for that bus to come or when you go to drop them off at school and there is no one there to receive them, just something Bullitt County needs to think about before the next election
Well,the way I worded it could have indeed used a bit more finesse,,,but the point was actually still solid though.Actually,I never even claimed that bus drivers didn't deserve a raise anyway,,,only claimed that the school teachers would be the obvious choice for a raise if it came to a choice between the two.In retrospect though,I can see how the metaphor about the monkey seemed to minimize the qualifications of the profession,,,and could have been interpreted as offensive.And believe it or not,I'm regretful of that,,,sorry.If you don't mind my sayin' though,"the way that you repeatedly referred to the children on your bus as 'little bundles of joy and cuteness' that can do no wrong,,,it truly sounds to me as if you carry a strong resentment for the children you carry".As a matter of fact,,,there was nothing in your post indicating that you see your little passengers as anything other than a bargaining chip for your job,,,who also happens to get away with too much.Anyway,I'm guessing that you feel it to be unfair that the system today won't allow you to just yank my little bundle of cuteness up and "jerk a knot in his tail",for offenses such as talking too loud on mornings that you have a headache and just don't feel like listening to it or a boyfriend on your mind or something to that effect.Fortunately,,,you're not completely without remedy.If my little bundle of cuteness happens to cross the line,,,I'll be more than happy to kick him in his nose,in his neck,in his nads,and both of his knees in an effort to get him back where he belongs,,,but I hope you'll understand if "I" don't always trust "your" individual judgment.Honestly,it kinda sounds to me as if you're lobbying for the rights to keep those little brats in line on your own steam,,,but you won't accept less than time and a half plus dental for doing it.All in all,,,at least I know where you stand.Either way,,,good night curious.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Shepherdsville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
New Shepherdsville Walmart hiring 300 people 4 hr kayla 1
Jason Lee 4 hr Noone 14
Haley Brown & Thomas Fleener 6 hr Hello 2
Do you want to build a snowman. 6 hr Citizenship 1
What are you going to do about it 6 hr Citizenship 1
Blue or purple 6 hr Citizenship 1
Football or soccer. 6 hr Citizenship 1
Shepherdsville Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web