The new AOL welcome screen, yuck

Posted in the Shepherdsville Forum

First Prev
of 26
Next Last
Not fair

AOL

#1 Jan 21, 2007
They just changed the new Aol welcome screen, again. Didn't ask if I wanted wanted them to, they just did it. Now you can customize it,to make it "right for you". Well, the option we can choose from are, AOL black voices, AOL Latino, and AOL small business; Guess what folks, none apply here. Where's the AOL caucasion, or AOL suburban, AOL East coast? What the hell.
lcolothunder

AOL

#2 Feb 3, 2007
Does AOL ever ask it's customers what they want before messing with things? Just like the old "my AOL" page, I liked it and got it all set up just the way I wanted, then they changed it and I stopped using it all together. The welcome screen was good before. It all fit neatly in one window. Now it has a bunch of garbage I don't want that I I have to scroll through, it doesn't fit on the screen so you have to use both vertical and horiz. scroll bars. It sucks. no wonder AOL has to offer itself for free. I am done unless the bring back the old, user friendly, much more convenient features and stop tinkering with everything without asking customers what THEY want.
Not fair

AOL

#3 Feb 3, 2007
I so agree!
blackclipper

North Kingstown, RI

#4 Feb 6, 2007
The problem with AOL and its "new and improved" changes" is that they never leave open an option for the user to switch back, or remain with the old way. Or,....In the case of this new, and lousy, welcome screen,....the better way. All changes made by AOL are permanent, with no options to choose the old way, or any other way. And the real kicker is it would be so easy for them to include such an option. Even Microsoft has for years allowed windows users to choose between the new and the classic desktop as they churn out new versions. But Noooooooo, AOL never does. AOL history is full of instances where they have changed something.....For the worst. And you can't go back again. This newest thing with the welcome screen I am afraid may be the last straw for me, and AOL. I have had AOL for over 10 years now, and have endured the other traumas, or so called technology they have tossed at me, but not this one. The new screen is terrible, intrusive, full of bugs, too big, and altogether.....Sucks. I am now checking my mail the AOL website to avoid the freezeups the new screen causes on regular AOL. When I get tired of that, I will just drop them and move on. Their never going to change, or get better so why fight it.....
dean

AOL

#5 Feb 8, 2007
I WANT ME OLD AOL WELCOME SCREEN BACK. THIS ONE SUCKS.....
hans

Germany

#6 Feb 11, 2007
you not only took my old wecome screen from aol usa,which i kept using here in germany but i even cannot install the new screen but keep getting the real bad german aol screen !!!!!!!!!!
stuck

AOL

#7 Feb 11, 2007
Anyone know how to contact AOL about this? I wanted to E-mail my opinion, but couldn't find a e address. They make it impossible to contact them.
Monica

AOL

#8 Feb 12, 2007
My welcome screen is completely screwed up! The text overlaps and it is all scrunched up. I feel like I tried everything. Any help/suggestions????
stuck

AOL

#9 Feb 12, 2007
Monica wrote:
My welcome screen is completely screwed up! The text overlaps and it is all scrunched up. I feel like I tried everything. Any help/suggestions????
i wish I knew. That's one of the problems we're all having. If anyone else can help with a contact that would be great.
welcome screen guy

Chillicothe, OH

#10 Feb 12, 2007
my "new" aol screen started switching back and forth ny itself last week. All the folks at AOL are very sorry about my frustration (I have actually communicated with about ten AOL representatives on this issue)but none of them can help me.
OK someone ask me why I pay for this abuse!!
stuck

AOL

#11 Feb 12, 2007
welcome screen guy wrote:
my "new" aol screen started switching back and forth ny itself last week. All the folks at AOL are very sorry about my frustration (I have actually communicated with about ten AOL representatives on this issue)but none of them can help me.
OK someone ask me why I pay for this abuse!!
i had aol, the second we got dsl i cancelled for that very reason. I've been trying to e-mail them with a comment and there is no where you can do that. I would have stayed with them had they been more "aproachable"
deborahkatt4

AOL

#12 Feb 13, 2007
why were we not asked about this?

I WANT THE OLD AOL WELCOME SCREEN BACK!!!!!!!
deborahkatt4

AOL

#13 Feb 13, 2007
YOU CAN CLICK ON HELP AT THE TOP OF YOUR SCREEN THEN CLICK ON WELCOME CENTER WHEN THAT PAGE COMES UP SCROLL DOWN AND TO THE LEFT THEY HAVE A PLACE TO POST YOUR COMMENTS ON THE NEW SCREEN.
stuck

AOL

#15 Feb 13, 2007
http://free.aol.com/thenewaol/newwelcome/feed...

Here ya go all. May I suggest you use your "voice"
stuck

AOL

#14 Feb 13, 2007
deborahkatt4 wrote:
YOU CAN CLICK ON HELP AT THE TOP OF YOUR SCREEN THEN CLICK ON WELCOME CENTER WHEN THAT PAGE COMES UP SCROLL DOWN AND TO THE LEFT THEY HAVE A PLACE TO POST YOUR COMMENTS ON THE NEW SCREEN.
Hey Thanks a bunch i'll give it a whirl!!
stuck

AOL

#16 Feb 13, 2007
Ah THAT FELT GOOD! I don't care if they really read it or not, at least I got to vent to "the man"
JOHN

Moss Point, MS

#17 Feb 14, 2007
GIVE ME BACK MY AOL 9.0 WELCOME SCREEN. I HATE THIS NEW ONE. I WILL NOT GET USED TO IT. I MAY GO TO YAHOO IF YOU CANNOT CHANGE IT BACK. I REALLY CAN'T STAND IT.
Kay

AOL

#18 Feb 15, 2007
Absolutely HATE the new AOL Welcome Screen ! No reason to change it, as it was PERFECT before. At least AOL should give you the option of changing back. Seriously thinking of leaving AOL. Too costly, too many servers out there now and alot less expensive.
mke

AOL

#19 Feb 15, 2007
dean wrote:
I WANT ME OLD AOL WELCOME SCREEN BACK. THIS ONE SUCKS.....
your right this new screen is terrible. i have to scroll right just to hit the search tab.
mke

AOL

#20 Feb 15, 2007
new wecome screen is terrible, its to big, i have to scroll right just to hit the search tab. what in the hell is aol thinking of. or should i say not thinking

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 26
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Shepherdsville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Wreck on 1020 by Solite yesterday (Jan '17) 39 min spartan 16
Jerry Johnson baseball coach 10 hr Question 1
Election rumors 22 hr Richard 17
george thruman (Jul '11) Fri Get a clue 76
Amanda McCall Fri ddt 3
Smokey oak and Wormort continues to drink Mead Fri rylermyler 1
Why are women out here so mean? Thu spartan 4

Shepherdsville Jobs

Personal Finance

Shepherdsville Mortgages