Shelly

United States

#1 May 31, 2009
How is it that a young man can live in this little town for 20 years and then be shunned by a local business in his time of need? Recently a young man who graduated from Shenandoah High School was paralyzed in a sporting event that I heard several hundred people attended. After realizing the severity several caring people wanted to start a donation drive but a local gas station refused saying it was stupid and senseless and he would not allow a donation jar in the business. What the heck is that all about? This kid has lived and worked in this town and obviously provided 'entertainment' to the people in this town and now a donatation jar is 'stupid'? I will be sure not to shop at Cennex as I feel that would be 'stupid'.
Beaver Brownlee

Omaha, NE

#2 May 31, 2009
Yep sounds about right. I refuse to shop there because the pay at the pump will never give me a reciept for diesel. So I fill up 6-8 times a week out of town, and spend my $600 a week on fuel in another county. I do however put ALL my fish remains in their trash cans. Typical of Shenandoah, to only give a crap about their benefit. The one and only business I support in town is El Portal, everyone in the place is always great.
Wowza

Tarkio, MO

#3 Jun 7, 2009
I agree with the donation jar being stupid!! This STUPID kid knew the risks when he stepped into the ring. He got hurt, he should have insurance or was he too stupid to think about that? Now, he wants our donations to help out? NO WAY! I will not give a dime and I will NOT support any business who donates either. That Fighting shit should be outlawed!!
sucks

Bennington, NE

#4 Jul 22, 2009
I agree that he should have had insurance. We all make mistakes and he paid the price for his. At least he opened a lot of eyes and will keep someone else from making that same mistake. For this town sucks bad and will of course be too afraid to let something that cool back in this town. He gave this town somthing to talk about and bitch about for awhile now. I hope he will keep fighting, fight for this town not to suck so bad. What do you expect the kids to do around here but get into trouble when there is not enough stuff to do for them (YMCA, skate park) oh wait... too much of a liability! Shenandoah is the shithole of southwest iowa and it sucks to have to say where I am from.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Shenandoah Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Iowa Democratic Party Reviewing Results in Cauc... (Feb '16) Feb '16 RustyS 2
News LISTEN: Political Correspondent Don Gonyea's Io... (Nov '15) Nov '15 Ace MacNabb 3
News More (May '15) May '15 Novus Ordo Seclorum 2
Swimming pools (Jun '12) Dec '14 kurtcooksalot16 2
bj (Sep '14) Sep '14 Hoover Niebold 1
Meet the locals (May '14) May '14 Hoover Niebold 1
This is MY town! (Nov '13) Nov '13 M Acres 1

Shenandoah Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Shenandoah Mortgages