UB grad student shot, killed in Bridg...

UB grad student shot, killed in Bridgeport market

Posted in the Shelton Forum

bpthoodnews

Piscataway, NJ

#1 Sep 19, 2012
BRIDGEPORT -- Moin Hassan came to the University of Bridgeport from Bangladesh earlier this year to earn a master's degree in electrical engineering.

Described by one of his professors as hard-working and ambitious, Hassan was settling into his new home in the Bronx, making friends with fellow international students and touring New York City.

But Tuesday night -- only three weeks into his first semester at UB -- the 22-year-old student was shot to death at a Fairfield Avenue convenience store, becoming the city's 19th homicide victim of 2012, police said.

About 20 University of Bridgeport graduate students from Bangladesh kept a vigil along with a school administrator at Bridgeport Hospital on Tuesday night, hoping and praying that a classmate who was shot inside a Fairfield Avenue market would survive his wounds, according to Tarek Sobh, UB's vice president for graduate studies and research.

"Sometime between 9 and 10 p.m., the surgeon came out and gave us the tragic news," Sobh said Wednesday.

"He was very close to our heart and this is, obviously, a big shock," Sobh said. "We are a tight-knit community and very quickly after word (of the shooting) got out, most of them went to the hospital

http://www.ctpost.com/policereports/article/U...

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

#2 Sep 19, 2012
This story prove that Bridgeport is not safe to live in, or work and go to college and public schools. God bless Moin and keep him close.

Location hidden

#4 Sep 19, 2012
#3 prove again that the Fake BPT hates black people, and is a Wimp and a Coward for not insulting black people in front of them. He hides behind a fake name where nobody known their real name.
lifeisshort

United States

#5 Sep 19, 2012
Someone out there knows who the killer is, whether it's a family member, friend, but someone knows. This killer thinks he's all wannabe-kool and wannabe-tough. If he's reading this post then just let me say you're nothing, period. I wouldn't even classify you as an animal because even wild animals have some respect for other animals. You on the other hand are just a useless, spineless POS that has no useful purpose. You're nothing. You're the stuff that ends up on the bottom of someone's shoe. Thanks to the bleeding heart liberals there are more like you out there. I wish we could round up all of your kind and just......well...they won't let me print that in this forum. Our lives would be so much better without your kind around.

Location hidden

#6 Sep 19, 2012
#5 is very true. The big problem is large cites is that people do not want to info the cops who do crimes except if the victims are family members and close friends. Then get piss off when the witnesses refused to talk to the cops, unless their family members and close friends are victims. What goes around, come around. and very little crimes are solve. God bless this man who got killed.
lifeisshort

United States

#7 Sep 22, 2012
American Gentleman Samuel wrote:
#5 is very true. The big problem is large cites is that people do not want to info the cops who do crimes except if the victims are family members and close friends. Then get piss off when the witnesses refused to talk to the cops, unless their family members and close friends are victims. What goes around, come around. and very little crimes are solve. God bless this man who got killed.
You're right, Sam. People get scared and won't give any info to the police, and this is what fuels the gangs. Sad but true. Maybe someone, sometime, someone who has had enough violence in either their family or community will have the courage to stand up and say "I've had enough" and eventually come forward to the police. At least it would be a start to rid Bridgeport of all these crimes and clean up the neighborhoods.
Sometimes the police know who the killers are but their hands are legally tied because nobody speaks up. It only takes one person to get the ball rolling. One lead. One witness. I have empathy for these scared people but it's like fighting a forest fire; you have to start somewhere or it will just keep devouring.

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#10 Jan 30, 2013
Killing in Bridgeport will never stop.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Shelton Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Seymour teachers allege bullying by school offi... (Jun '09) 8 hr Concerned Person 57
News Bridgeport residents oppose plan to relocate re... 11 hr America Gentleman... 1
News Clinton's cough and Trump's sanity 13 hr Denny CranesPlace 7
News Old firehouse will become Fire Engine Pizza 14 hr Samuels Furnace Man 3
News Letter: Grasso Center closure plan makes no sense Mon KOOK ALERT 2
News Raid On Bridgeport Bar Yields 85 Underage Drink... May 2 Samuels Furnace Man 10
News Council grapples with Ganim's cop budget May 1 America Gentleman... 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Shelton Mortgages