Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil Unions

Nov 30, 2010 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: CBS2

The Illinois House has approved a measure to legalize civil unions for same-sex couples.

Comments
32,341 - 32,360 of 49,244 Comments Last updated 3 hrs ago

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2013

Judged:

Time wrote:
<quoted text>
It has been answered by a multitude of other countries and a variety of states in this country.
The results are already in.
I know you think you are clever with your "definition", but it has no bearing on marriage at all, since no marriage is required in order to have sex, and marriage only places such constraints on sex as each couple and individual chooses.
What types and sorts of "mating behaviors" each couple might engage in are intentionally absent from marriage law, as long as all parties are able to legally consent.
The basic essence of marriage has been ignored, it can't be 'answered' because it is a fact.

Moreover, you are dishonest about the basis of government interest in marriage;

"We are dealing here with legislation which involves one of the basic civil rights of man. Marriage and procreation are fundamental to the very existence and survival of the race."- Skinner v Oklahoma

"Marriage is one of the "basic civil rights of man," fundamental to our very existence and survival."- Loving v Virginia

"Our Court has not recognized a fundamental right to marry that departs in any respect from the right defined by the US Supreme Court in cases like Skinner which acknowledged that marriage is "fundamental to the very existence and survival of the [human] race" because it is the primary institution supporting procreation and child-rearing (316 US at 541; see also Zablocki, 434 US 374; Griswold, 381 US 479). The binary nature of marriage—its inclusion of one woman and one man—reflects the biological fact that human procreation cannot be accomplished without the genetic contribution of both a male and a female. Marriage creates a supportive environment for procreation to occur and the resulting offspring to be nurtured. Although plaintiffs suggest that the connection between procreation and marriage has become anachronistic because of scientific advances in assisted reproduction technology, the fact remains that the vast majority of children are conceived naturally through sexual contact between a woman and a man."- Hernandez v Robels

"It is an institution in the maintenance of which in its purity the public is deeply interested, for it is the foundation of the family and of society, without which there would be neither civilization nor progress. "- Maynard v Hill

Moreover, you are simply equating a selective friendship with marriage. Not only a radical dumbing down of marriage, but prejudicial in every aspect of it's claim. Additionally, the government has no prevailing interest in protecting a friendship.

Smile.

Since: Feb 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
'Marriage equity'?
Two people. Anything else?
All I see is an imposter relationship masquerading as a marriage when it is nothing more than a friendship.
Smirk.
Nothing more than a friendship...because we all have sex, make out, romance, cohabitate, have children with, and etc with friends am I right?

You must have some very interesting friendships.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2013

Judged:

Not Yet Equal wrote:
<quoted text>
My bad.
The sad thing is, I know better, and usually resist.
My fear is that someone who doesn't know better might drop by and think there is merit to the excuses. So every now and then, I feel the need to respond.
I'll also claim the excuse others are feeding it as well, but I know that is a poor one. Even abuse is reinforcement, though I promise my motives were pure. I'll try to do better.
Personally I like seeing him get spanked page after page. It may be feeding a troll but I've actually learned a lot of good arguments from reading peoples responses to idiots on this site. I see them as a sort of target practic.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Truth is irrational and prejudicial?
You have yet to give a rational rebuttal to my points. Look at your post. Ad homoan attacks without a single specific rebuttal!
Moreover, you give partial quotes that distort the truth of SCOTUS rulings, and refuse to correct them when asked. It is another response that destroys the moral integrity of your position.
The government does have a legitimate interest in protecting the sole and best birthplace of every other human relationship. It has NO legitimate interest in extending those protections selectively to a friendship while discriminating against numerous other types of friendships.
That is the simple truth.
Smile.
<quoted text>
Ad homoan troll attack.
Still waiting for a rational rebuttle...
Smile
It fully deserved the castigation and mocking delivered.

I sink the knife of reality to the hilt into the belly of denial and twist it with a smirk. I kick at darkness until it bleeds light!

Did you say 'ouch'?

Snicker.

Don't forget, it's only ad hominem troll attacks when it's someone else doing it.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2013

Judged:

Rageoholic wrote:
<quoted text>

Nothing more than a friendship...because we all have sex, make out, romance, cohabitate, have children with, and etc with friends am I right?

You must have some very interesting friendships.

Personally I like seeing him get spanked page after page. It may be feeding a troll but I've actually learned a lot of good arguments from reading peoples responses to idiots on this site. I see them as a sort of target practic.
Am I surprised a gay likes to see me spanked???

I simply was relating it to the recent TV series 'Friends'.

As to gays having kids together, really?

With one side of your mouth you remove kids from the equation so you can claim marriage, now you want to make sex a requirement. Selective bigotry, isn't it?

I would suggest your definition of spanking is as accurate as your claim of marriage.

Smirk smile.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Am I surprised a gay likes to see me spanked???
I simply was relating it to the recent TV series 'Friends'.
As to gays having kids together, really?
With one side of your mouth you remove kids from the equation so you can claim marriage, now you want to make sex a requirement. Selective bigotry, isn't it?
I would suggest your definition of spanking is as accurate as your claim of marriage.
Smirk smile.
I'm a lesbian, sorry to burst your fantasy.

I didn't say they were requirements. I just find it funny that you would reduce a relationship in which all these things exist to nothing more than a friendship.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2013

Judged:

Rageoholic wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm a lesbian, sorry to burst your fantasy.
I didn't say they were requirements. I just find it funny that you would reduce a relationship in which all these things exist to nothing more than a friendship.
Oh, I reduced nothing. I simply noted a distinction between friendships and marriage.

You forget that David and Jonathan had a phenomenal friendship, distinct from their marriages, but still an amazing friendship.

As much as you like seeing me spanked, maybe you are not the lesbian you thought you were?

Smile.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh, I reduced nothing. I simply noted a distinction between friendships and marriage.
You forget that David and Jonathan had a phenomenal friendship, distinct from their marriages, but still an amazing friendship.
As much as you like seeing me spanked, maybe you are not the lesbian you thought you were?
Smile.
Once again you have a strange definition of friendship. What would you call the relationship between two people of any gender who have sex and romance out of curiousity? Not my definition of marriage btw, just wondering what you would call them.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2013

Judged:

Rageoholic wrote:
<quoted text>
Once again you have a strange definition of friendship. What would you call the relationship between two people of any gender who have sex and romance out of curiousity? Not my definition of marriage btw, just wondering what you would call them.
Immoral.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2013

Judged:

KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Immoral.
Oh you silly snake you. I expected you to try to piss me off instead of actually answering, I have not been disappointed.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2013

Judged:

Rageoholic wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh you silly snake you. I expected you to try to piss me off instead of actually answering, I have not been disappointed.
LOL!
wtf

Pope, MS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2013

Judged:

Live and let live. WHY is it ANYONE else's business who someone LOVES?
WHY is their FAMILY any of YOUR business?
WHAT HARM ARE THEY DOING TO YOU?
WHY do you HATE them for who they LOVE?`
If I am to believe the "christians", and their "god" whom they claim creates EVERY thing in this world, WHY would YOUR "god" create "some of his children" to be HATED, ridiculed & to be murdered by YOU? That's insane! YOU ARE INSANE!
WHY do you HATE them for who they LOVE?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2013

Judged:

To them the harm is to society. They have this absurd notion that the country as a whole somehow has a set of morals that should be maintained. They like to impose their morals on everybody else. They don't believe in live and let live. That you are free to be whoever you want and do whatever you want as long as there is no harm to anyone else. They don't believe in freedom.

“"Secular Humanism Rocks"”

Since: Feb 13

Waco Texas

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2013

Judged:

Rageoholic wrote:
To them the harm is to society. They have this absurd notion that the country as a whole somehow has a set of morals that should be maintained. They like to impose their morals on everybody else. They don't believe in live and let live. That you are free to be whoever you want and do whatever you want as long as there is no harm to anyone else. They don't believe in freedom.
Ain't it the truth! But Illinois will soon be added to the states of Maine,Maryland and lets not forget Washington state! And the good thing is they can't do anything to stop the march of equality!Isn't the Constitution great,gotta especially love that 14th amendment!
Sandra

Burlington, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2013

Judged:

Wow, this Kimare dude is getting his ass handed to him on a platter.

I notice he copies and pastes the same stuff on multiple threads. What a sad tool he must be.
Greg Dales Brenda Lee

Burlington, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2013

Judged:

Yes, Kimare is one sick puppy. He's got some mental issues, but he refuses to seek help for them. He seriously thinks that his opinions represent national norms.
Kirschmann Watchmann

Burlington, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 16, 2013

Judged:

You noticed that too?

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2013

Judged:

wtf wrote:
Live and let live. WHY is it ANYONE else's business who someone LOVES?
WHY is their FAMILY any of YOUR business?
If I am to believe the "christians", and their "god" whom they claim creates EVERY thing in this world, WHY would YOUR "god" create "some of his children" to be HATED, ridiculed & to be murdered by YOU? That's insane! YOU ARE INSANE!
WHY do you HATE them for who they LOVE?
Blonde rant.

Who is stopping love?

No one I know 'hates' gays, let alone murders them.

They just see a difference between marriage and duplicate gendered couples.

They recognize that among numerous distinctions, marriage is a cross cultural constraint on evolutionary mating behavior.

And like numerous other relationships, gay couples not only fail in that basic essence of marriage, they are a defective, desolate contradiction. Literally 'unmarriage'.

That the term 'gay marriage' is an oxymoron.

Once you calm down from your gay twirl hissy fit, perhaps you have a reasoned, rational response?

Smile.

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2013

Judged:

Kirschmann Watchmann wrote:
Wow, this Kimare dude is getting his ass handed to him on a platter.

I notice he copies and pastes the same stuff on multiple threads. What a sad tool he must be.
Greg Dales Brenda Lee

Elkhorn, WI

Yes, Kimare is one sick puppy. He's got some mental issues, but he refuses to seek help for them. He seriously thinks that his opinions represent national norms.

You noticed that too?
Gay twirl ad homoan troll attack.

Do you have any reasoned, rational response to answer one of my facts. As you know, I'm a near senile old jack ass.

Should be easy for someone like you.

SNicker.

Since: Jun 11

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 17, 2013

No Harm No Foul wrote:
<quoted text>
Ain't it the truth! But Illinois will soon be added to the states of Maine,Maryland and lets not forget Washington state! And the good thing is they can't do anything to stop the march of equality!Isn't the Constitution great,gotta especially love that 14th amendment!
Both the 5th and 14th amendments require equal treatment for all persons under the law. The Golden Rule is not just a promise of the founding documents, it is required by the constitution. As procreation is not a legal requirement, no one has presented a legitimate governmental interest sufficient for denial of the fundamental right of marriage.

"In the court’s final analysis, the government’s only basis for supporting DOMA comes down to an apparent belief that the moral views of the majority may properly be enacted as the law of the land in regard to state-sanctioned same-sex marriage in disregard of the personal status and living conditions of a significant segment of our pluralistic society. Such a view is not consistent with the evidence or the law as embodied in the Fifth Amendment with respect to the thoughts expressed in this decision. The court has no doubt about its conclusion: DOMA deprives them of the equal protection of the law to which they are entitled."

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Sheldon Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
IL Who do you support for Governor in Illinois in ... (Oct '10) 14 min CitiZen9 3,902
IL Who do you support for Lieutenant Governor in I... (Oct '10) 10 hr Weneedchange 147
jessica avalos 13 hr spilt milk 2
Mechanic DD Tue telling it like i... 7
IL Illinois Governor Recall Amendment (Oct '10) Mon newpoly 1,898
If Iroquois County States Attorney Office is Va... Aug 17 Frogger 11
STOP having kids, you don't take care of them! (Feb '14) Aug 17 Frogger 3

Search the Sheldon Forum:
•••
•••
Sheldon Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••