Cold Case Murders Shelbyville/Cropper

Posted in the Shelbyville Forum

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Still Curious

United States

#1 Jan 5, 2011
Vanissa Warford and Norman Roberts are still cold cases at post 12 KSP. I just happened to be reading and remembered both of these cases on the KSP website. More people read this site than that one, so I figured I'd try to help the KSP and families of victims if I can. If you know anything at all, report it on their website. Speculations can be kept to this forum. Facts should be directed to post 12. Not to upset victims families, but let's discuss this without disrespect to the families. What about the guy on Rockbridge Rd who was killed and they found his truck at 84 lumber? And does anyone remember a case where a few hispanics were murdered on midland trail execution style? That case vanished from the papers not long after it happened and I never heard another thing. Anyone? Input?
Allen

Versailles, KY

#2 Jan 10, 2011
James Duckett I believe was the man murdered on Rockbridge.
I dont remember the Mexicans been murdered and didnt live in Shelbyville when Vanessa or Mr. Roberts was murdered.
Can you tell me some of the Roberts murder info?
I live in Cropper now and would like to know a bit about it.
still curious

United States

#3 Jan 11, 2011
Kentucky State Police Request Help Resolving Norman Roberts Murder
Occurred on February 18, 1990 at KY 43 1.1 M East of Cropper Shelby County

On 2-18-90 Norman Roberts was discovered shot to death in his backyard. Apparently Mr. Roberts was walking to the rear door of his residence and was ambushed by unknown perpetrators from the rear of a root cellar. Victim was shot multiple times about the head and face with a .357 caliber handgun.

Post 12 Investigative Units are asking anyone with information regarding the murder of Norman Roberts to contact: Investigations Lt. Eric Davis or Detective Sgt. Brian Sumner or by phone at 1-800-222-5555 (in the state of Kentucky only, does not work out of state).
still curious

United States

#4 Jan 11, 2011
Cold Case of Vanissa Wafford

For Other Kentucky Government Sites Visit:
Kentucky State Police Request Help Resolving Vanissa Wafford Murder
Occurred on June 25, 1989 in Shelbyville, KY

At approximately 1715 hrs, June 25, 1989, Ms. Vanissa Wafford was found deceased in Maxie's Shoe Store located at the Village Plaza Shopping Center in Shelbyville, KY. Ms. Wafford was an employee at the shoe store. During an apparent Robbery, an unknown perpetrator(s) struck Ms. Wafford in the head causing her death.

Post 12 Investigative Units are asking anyone with information regarding the murder of Vanissa Wafford to contact: Investigations Lt. Eric Davis or Detective Sgt. Brian Sumner or by phone at 1-800-222-5555 (in the state of Kentucky only, does not work out of state).

The store she worked at is no longer there. She was a friend of my brothers. He was in basic training for the Marine Corps when my family informed him of her death. So it always made me feel I should help figure out who did it since it's still cold case.
still curious

United States

#5 Jan 11, 2011
It was always quietly whispered that the hispanic murders was a hit. However I thought I read somewhere that they ended up catching the guys who did it. I thought the article I read said they worked at some Factory around here and were taken into custody, but I'm uncertain if THAT article I read was pertaining to this particular case.

The Ducket murder, I heard on the streets that he possibly had crossed paths with a homosexual lifestyle and possibly pressured someone less willing to cooperate and they sought revenge, and they say it was pretty brutal which according to CSI and Criminal Minds (not good sources of information though) usually means it was pretty personal when a murderer carries on that way.

The Wafford murder, I heard someone waited in the Shoestore hiding, until it closed, and they caught her alone. I don't know anymore details. That could be innacurate and she may have opened a door to take trash out and someone entered. Who knows?

The Norman Roberts murder was also talked about as though it were a hit. Only this one (again according to CSI and Criminal Minds which are not good sources), fits more closely the profile of a hit. It was rumored there were some type of drugs/territory/deal gone wrong that set it all off. How true that is, I can't say. I would just like to see cases in our area solved finally.

I myself would report what I have "heard" but it would just be hear-say and no names have ever been mentioned to me. Just pure speculation. I know that if I ever have good info, i'll report it. I just ask that all of you do the same. I can't imagine how the families of these victims must feel knowing that killers still roam. It makes me sick to think it.
Allen

Versailles, KY

#6 Jan 11, 2011
I heard they profiled the Wafford murder on AMW, is that true?
still curious

United States

#7 Jan 11, 2011
Sorry I don't know. Can't agree nor deny that as fact or fiction. Its possible
Allen

Versailles, KY

#8 Jan 12, 2011
Youd never think of Shelby county having this many unsolved murders.
Its such a nice little town to live in, but ive only been here for 10 years.
Peeking in

Louisville, KY

#9 Jan 13, 2011
I've been here a bit longer then 10 years, in that time, I saw more occurances of the police looking for someone, searching blocks, etc then where I DID live at.

James Duckets murder though even shocked me. I agree with Allen, one would never have thought we had this many cases unsolved. Duckets I knew about, but the others reported?

For a time I lived briefly on Bland Ave, I heard tell years ago a Lady lived on that Block and worked at a gas station nearby..I was told they found her body. I don't recall where, or the details, just what I heard.

And of course the murder that took place a few years ago around 7th street..I still think that one is also, unsolved.

This little town has it's secrets..it's sad.
still curious

United States

#10 Jan 13, 2011
I've lived her for 26 years and know of a few but mostly from the late 80's till recently have they happened.
still curious

United States

#11 Jan 13, 2011
7th street murder? Bland ave murder? Nah those wouid have been listed on KSP Post 12 website as unsolved murders. The three we are discussing are the only current open/unsolved murders in our area. All the others listed aren't as close to Shelbyville.
dude

Tomball, TX

#12 Jan 14, 2011
What about Henry Johnson n Bagdad?
Peeking in

Louisville, KY

#13 Jan 14, 2011
The 7th street murder took place not to long ago, it was a young kid that was shot..remember?

The Suspect they believed fled to Mexico, the Mother worked at a local gas station. They may have been solved by now. But I never heard of them catching the suspect.

The one on Bland Ave took place I think more then 10 years ago.

Maybe someone else will recall that kid that was shot. It made the news and more then enough people laid flowers by that tree.

I KNOW though of what your talking..however, if that is the case and they never caught that suspect in that kids death, then KSP is missing a few cases.
still curious

Mchenry, IL

#14 Jan 18, 2011
Peeking in wrote:
The 7th street murder took place not to long ago, it was a young kid that was shot..remember?
The Suspect they believed fled to Mexico, the Mother worked at a local gas station. They may have been solved by now. But I never heard of them catching the suspect.
The one on Bland Ave took place I think more then 10 years ago.
Maybe someone else will recall that kid that was shot. It made the news and more then enough people laid flowers by that tree.
I KNOW though of what your talking..however, if that is the case and they never caught that suspect in that kids death, then KSP is missing a few cases.
No I don't remember actually. I haven't heard anything about that. The one on Bland Avenue is unfamiliar to me as well. I am uncertain of what stipulates an open or unsolved case being titled just that. Maybe X amount of years have to go by, or no leads are being followed...who knows.
Peeking in

Louisville, KY

#15 Jan 18, 2011
I don't know..but I know this, that case seems to have vanished, the only thing I found was this..and BTW, I ue Intrigued also.

http://www.topix.com/forum/city/shelbyville-k...

The link to Whas website about the murder was brief, but it was all over and the kids name eludes me know. Sort of sad when I think of it.

I do not know what constitues a cold case, I do know though last I heard, it was unsolved and therefore should never have been pushed to the back.

James Duckett..That is another sad case and I'll be surprised if they ever find the person..but you posting these here hopefully may jog some memories and help.:)
Looking back through these pages on here..there is only 9..I glimmpsed topics of more crime..Shelby County is not pristine and it is not getting better.
still curious

United States

#16 Jan 18, 2011
I guess cold case is when they have no leads and cannot move forward at all. I think those other cases may still be either pending information, or have information to actually work with.

I was hoping this topic would lead someone to put an anonymous tip on ksp website. The Ducket case was not on there so you'd have to call in the info on that one. I figured it couldn't hurt to try and help move these cases forward.
bad info

Louisville, KY

#17 Jan 18, 2011
Ducket case is not a cold case.. It is still being worked almost daily.. Problem is MONEY.. The federal government has sucked up so much of the tax base that the states can't work effectivley. DNA is still being worked two years later.. The dect. are overworked and the labs are so far behind. On a recent murder case, the lab was called in to work crime scene. They responded that they were put on furlough and would have to wait till Monday. Think about this when the feds ask to go through the debt ceiling.. There are only so many ways to tax a dollar. Your taxs need to stay at local levels.. I don't ask for much.. Give me decent roads and bridges..schools that kids can learn and police, rescue and judical system that can put away and hold bad guys.. The Fed should look after national defense and then provide for a fair system to protect my rights as an individual...Anything else is a waste of my tax money.

The murders of Jim Duckett are still running free around Shelbyville.. Someone else will run into them and will die.. Its sad because or state budget problems, a crime lab that can't work a whole month and a stupid cheap camara in a Fith/Third ATM will be to blame for the next one.
still curious

United States

#18 Jan 18, 2011
I didn't think the Ducket case was a cold one. Someone knows the truth to all these cases. Someone come forward and turn info into the KSP website.
bad info

Louisville, KY

#19 Jan 18, 2011
Fith/Third should be punished because of the Duckett issue.. The case would have been solved long ago if their camera worked.. They are quick to charge a high overdraft fee for running your account over by pennies, but to cheap to update and keep their ATM cameras in focus. I will never do business with them.
cindy

Shelbyville, KY

#20 Jan 21, 2011
bad info wrote:
Fith/Third should be punished because of the Duckett issue.. The case would have been solved long ago if their camera worked.. They are quick to charge a high overdraft fee for running your account over by pennies, but to cheap to update and keep their ATM cameras in focus. I will never do business with them.

AMEN sister

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Shelbyville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Jeremy Steele (Nov '11) 2 hr FactsFactsFacts 16
Leslie Nation 4 hr heart 6
Hottest guys in Shelbyville (Oct '10) 6 hr Truth 219
Samantha white 6 hr Truth 2
Reward 9 hr Looking 3
add a word drop a word (May '10) Fri Hannibal Lector 1,091
crystal decker or seay (May '12) Fri ville guy 27

Shelbyville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance