First Prev
of 2
Next Last
curious

Harrodsburg, KY

#1 Jul 25, 2012
Comments?
hell no

United States

#2 Jul 25, 2012
FOOD POISON
question

Harrodsburg, KY

#3 Jul 25, 2012
hell no wrote:
FOOD POISON
really? What happened?
Not worth the money

Jeffersonville, IN

#4 Jul 26, 2012
The steaks are ok at best. You can't get a side salad with your steak without paying the full 8 freakin dollars for the salad bar. The management knowingly hires a ton of illegal immigrants and then treats them like shit. I can't see this place lasting too much longer.
Doesnteatthere

Bowling Green, KY

#5 Jul 26, 2012
They do hire illegal immigrants, illegally of course. But I doubt they will be going anywhere. There are 3 restaurants total with more talk of expansion. That place makes a ton of money and would without a doubt have money to pay money for any and all fines they would endure if caught.
The owners are rude to say the least but know how to run a business.
As far as food...run of the mill. Frozen and pre-packaged of course. Nothing you can't buy at any other chain restaurant, but with options so slim around Shelbyville there is not any competition. So if you want a steak with the steakhouse experience, that's where you go locally.
There should be an Italian restaurant around here. It would also make a killing.
Failures

Louisville, KY

#6 Jul 26, 2012
WYS!!
Doesnteatthere wrote:
They do hire illegal immigrants, illegally of course. But I doubt they will be going anywhere. There are 3 restaurants total with more talk of expansion. That place makes a ton of money and would without a doubt have money to pay money for any and all fines they would endure if caught.
The owners are rude to say the least but know how to run a business.
As far as food...run of the mill. Frozen and pre-packaged of course. Nothing you can't buy at any other chain restaurant, but with options so slim around Shelbyville there is not any competition. So if you want a steak with the steakhouse experience, that's where you go locally.
There should be an Italian restaurant around here. It would also make a killing.
Molly Sweetness

United States

#7 Jul 26, 2012
I have to say the two times I have been niether experience was good. First time I had the country fried steak. Im still not sure what that was on my plate. For fear for an even worse experience I didnt send it back. The next was the fact they werent busy and it must have been social hour for the waiters because noone was in a hurry to even get our drinks. Salad bar is great but its not worth the money we pay for the service.
tryin2bfair

Hopkinsville, KY

#8 Jul 26, 2012
I went once. I noticed the servers were friendly and somewhat appealing, and the patrons were grubby old men, sitting around drinking and gawkin at them. Lol. I honestly can not remember the meal. :)
Aaron C

Frankfort, KY

#9 Jul 26, 2012
tryin2bfair wrote:
I went once. I noticed the servers were friendly and somewhat appealing, and the patrons were grubby old men, sitting around drinking and gawkin at them. Lol. I honestly can not remember the meal.:)
The owners wife must have been there that day.Heard she loves attention from other men, drives around in her white Mercedes and gets action on this side that her husband doesn't know about.
tryin2bfair

Hopkinsville, KY

#10 Jul 26, 2012
Well, these were young servers, workin those poor fools for a tip, while they made faces behind their backs, and good for them, i say, thats what the old pervs get....But i would not want my daughters working there. :/
Judge

Louisville, KY

#11 Jul 26, 2012
Save your money ! The food is not worth the price they charge.Their steaks you can do better at home yourself.
monty

Cedar Lake, IN

#12 Jul 26, 2012
This might be off topic, but does anyone else think that buying a steak in a restaurant is a waste of money? I mean its up to that person what they choose to spend their money on, but as for me and in my experience with steak houses, I would rather go to the store and get a ny strip or the like and throw it on the grill or a skillet. To me it's just as good or better and at half the price! To each their own I suppose.

As for Cattlemans I agree it is just your typical run of the mill stuff. Never had too bad of an experience. It isn't the first place I would personally choose, but I usually don't mind when friends or family want to eat there while we are out.

I also agree that an Italian restaurant would do really great, even if it's just something like Olive Garden. Shelbyville definitely could use more variety as far as food options goes.
question

United States

#13 Jul 30, 2012
Aaron C wrote:
<quoted text>The owners wife must have been there that day.Heard she loves attention from other men, drives around in her white Mercedes and gets action on this side that her husband doesn't know about.
Yep....so true
yuck

Newport, KY

#14 Aug 3, 2012
been twice in five years. the last time i went, last month, will be my last time. server was cute, the good experience stopped there. cuteness doesn't help crappy food and slow service.
Dionne

Louisville, KY

#15 Aug 4, 2012
Aaron C wrote:
<quoted text> The owners wife must have been there that day.Heard she loves attention from other men, drives around in her white Mercedes and gets action on this side that her husband doesn't know about.
Owners wife is named Christi and she was cheating on her husband with a couple different men last year.She is the one that drives around in the white mercedes.Know her well.
whiners

Versailles, KY

#16 Aug 7, 2012
I eat there on a regular basis and never have seen a single mexican and the food is the best in this silly little town.
look

United States

#17 Aug 7, 2012
whiners wrote:
I eat there on a regular basis and never have seen a single mexican and the food is the best in this silly little town.
check the kitchen
good stuff

Shelbyville, KY

#18 Aug 8, 2012
They have a really good lunch menu. Very reasonable and you get more than you can eat. The country fried steak is bomb.
good stuff

Shelbyville, KY

#19 Aug 8, 2012
But I agree the owners are unpleasant people
JuneBug

Shelbyville, KY

#20 Aug 10, 2012
Is it me or does it smell like Sophia crittendon in there....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Shelbyville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Anthony Bradford 1 hr star 5
Hookers (Dec '16) Sat Mase252525 29
Who is up Sat Mase252525 1
Ready to play (Feb '17) Sat Mase252525 14
Ladies Sat Mase252525 1
Need some fun (Jan '17) Sat Mase252525 38
Buying pantys Sat Ms panty 1

Shelbyville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Shelbyville Mortgages