Is it child abuse when a parent let's...

Is it child abuse when a parent let's their 14 year old daughter

Posted in the Shelbyville Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Mirror

Clarksville, TN

#1 Dec 22, 2010
date a 18+ year old guy? Why do so many parents want their kids to grow up before it's time? I think it's child abuse especially if the child is sexually active. CPS is useless and probably wouldn't do anything. Some people shouldn't be allowed to have children.
ANONOMOUS

Ft Mitchell, KY

#2 Dec 23, 2010
thts not child abuse.... child abuse is beating ur children ur dumbas*
Mirror

Clarksville, TN

#3 Dec 23, 2010
Awww, I see. So letting an adult screw your child is ok? And before you call someone a dumbass, learn how to spell moron.
ANONOMOUS

Ft Mitchell, KY

#4 Dec 24, 2010
its ur childrens choice u they want to be with if their parents allow them to be sexual then thts their decision....... so yea fu** face... what did a 14yr old take ur man or sumthan is tht why ur mad??!!
Mirror

Clarksville, TN

#5 Dec 26, 2010
"Anonomous", your poor spelling skills are showing again. Let me guess, you are some moronic teenager? I certainly hope so because if you are acting this idiotic and are an adult, you are obviously retarded. Do the world a favor and pay attention in special ed and don't procreate.
Concerned

Eddyville, KY

#6 Dec 27, 2010
I don't think it's child abuse, but for the boy it is definitely against the law. I think the parents of the 14 year old needs an update on the law and someone needs to let the child know all about the life she is facing should a baby come out of this. It's for sure the parents haven't.
James

Louisville, KY

#7 Dec 28, 2010
It is not against the law for a man over 18 to date a 14 year old girl !!
Now if they have sex, then it is against the law.
Know the facts before opening your mouth.

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#8 Dec 28, 2010
Actually the mother can get into trouble for this. I remember a case a few years back where the mother knew her young teen daughter was dating an 18 year old. I can't remember exactly what they charged her with.
ANONOMOUS

Prospect, KY

#9 Dec 28, 2010
look im a mother i would know these things.... u should learn how to spell nemrod!!! or ur speech....IT IS NOT CONSIDERD CHILD ABUSE!!!!
Well actually

United States

#10 Dec 28, 2010
Nimrod
Your
Considered
AMOMOMOUS

Ft Mitchell, KY

#11 Dec 29, 2010
im am not considerd my child is 2 so get real......
James

Louisville, KY

#12 Dec 29, 2010
there are no laws against a 18 year old dating a 14 year old.
If sex is involved, then that is a different matter.
are you serious

United States

#13 Dec 30, 2010
Child abuse or not its moraly wrong. What does an 18 year old boy or girl for that matter want with a 14 year old? This is something that has bothered me for a while now it just doesn't make sense to me. In this area the age difference is not a problem but you all are the first to jump all over a child molester even if they are not guilty. The simple fact that the they were charged with the crime is enough to brand someone here in shelbyville. Yet isnt this sort of age difference and the parents saying its ok condoning or reinforcing that mind set. Is it that different? Or because they seem to be children themselves do you put your blinders on and dismiss any second thoughts you have? Maybe you fucking retards are setting your children up to be chomo's?
Well actually

United States

#14 Dec 30, 2010
AMOMOMOUS wrote:
im am not considerd my child is 2 so get real......
Had you any common sense you would have known I was simply correcting your spelling. Alas, it was a lost cause because you not only failed again to spell considered as "considerd", then went on to defend yourself so as to say you and your child are not considered(considerd). The both of you aren't considered(considerd) what? Runner up in a spelling bee? Presidential candidate? Intelligent? A strong swimmer in the gene pool? What exactly...bah. Never mind you won't get it anyway...
ANONOMOUS

Ft Mitchell, KY

#15 Dec 31, 2010
Well actually wrote:
<quoted text>
Had you any common sense you would have known I was simply correcting your spelling. Alas, it was a lost cause because you not only failed again to spell considered as "considerd", then went on to defend yourself so as to say you and your child are not considered(considerd). The both of you aren't considered(considerd) what? Runner up in a spelling bee? Presidential candidate? Intelligent? A strong swimmer in the gene pool? What exactly...bah. Never mind you won't get it anyway...
WHO DO U THINK U R TO JUDGE U PIECE SHI*
duh

Louisville, KY

#16 Dec 31, 2010
ANONOMOUS wrote:
<quoted text> WHO DO U THINK U R TO JUDGE U PIECE SHI*
Obviously, they were right, this person has to be either way too young to understand, or ignorant. Calls it like they see it. LOL
i agree

Louisville, KY

#17 Jan 1, 2011
with mirror, its very sad that a mother would let her 14yr old date someone 18 or older, i think it should be considered child abuse.
Well actually

Whitewater, WI

#18 Jan 1, 2011
ANONOMOUS wrote:
<quoted text> WHO DO U THINK U R TO JUDGE U PIECE SHI*
Thank you for substantiating my argument. Bravo.
Stephen

Louisville, KY

#19 Jan 25, 2011
It is not technically child abuse; however, it is bad parenting. For those of you who would argue that it is only four years are not taking into acount the rapid rate of physical and emotional maturity that takes place in that stage of childhood. Those four years are more equivalent to 10 to 15 years as adult. As for it is there choice and that they can date whoever they want, no. Your job as a parent is to teach children to make good decisions. You need to let them make decisions as often as possible, but correct them when they make incorrect or damaging decisions. I doubt that there is any 14 year old anywhere who is capable of making the right choice all the time, let alone see all the problems and lies that are instore for any young girl who dates an 18 year old boy. So no it is not illegal as long as there is no knowlege that they are having sex, but no parent should allow the amount of freedom that the girl is being afforded. In case anyone wants to just say I am bassing men, and that I just got screwed over, I will say that I am a mature man. I know how 18 year olds can be regardless of intentions. You don't know what forever means at that point.
Stephen

Louisville, KY

#20 Jan 25, 2011
Additionally, though it may not fall in line with your values you don't want the government stepping in everytime someone is upset at how a parent raises a child. There are legitimate cases of abuse that need to be dealt with; however, every time we allow a new law to be passed, everytime we ask the government to step in and put a stop to something, we are relinquishing our freedom. I know that sounds extreme, but what happens when its your family values under fire and all of a sudden the way you raise your family is considered abuse.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Shelbyville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Debralee Kistner 5 hr i know bubby 18
Allison Clark "thomas" Jones (Sep '15) 6 hr luke 13
nick staley (Jun '11) 11 hr nocavedwellersplease 14
Jason bruner 11 hr Logic 11
Tiffany Dwyer and Steven Arnold 20 hr Mee 2
Nancy Booth Tue Just saying 7
Jason bruner Mon tears of the clown 2

Shelbyville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance