Comments
41 - 60 of 65 Comments Last updated Jun 17, 2013
Colin

Louisville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#59
Aug 11, 2012
 
it is what it is wrote:
Here's the deal, its obvious that you all aren't going to change your opinion even when presented with facts and opportunities to ask questions and verify what's going on. I'm confident that everything is on the up and up with the program and I look forward to seeing the growth and development of the players who's parents choose not to get wrapped up in gossip, rumors, and he said/she said and the fact of that matter is I'm not sorry to see the departure of the teams that are leaving the program because those teams parents seem to be the source of the majority of the issues and its sad because I'm sure that those players are good kids who don't care about the parental political crap that seems to be the driving force behind many lies circulating about the program.
My stepdaughter plays on the softball team and coached by Axline. This is a joke of a program and the coaching is pathtic. We definitely won't be a part of this mess again next year.We did our part for fundraising and paid our fee and more but this program still couldn't explain to us where the money went for softball and tried to say the parents were going to have to come up with more money in order for us to continue.R U SERIOUS?We haven't won one game this summer and scored a grand total of maybe 8 runs.But I'm sure that;s the kids fault and parents.Where is the money for our softball girls? Im sure alot of parents didn't know anything about this meeting to discuss the books. Alot of us are just fed up wit the lies and whatever else.
superbad

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#60
Aug 12, 2012
 
They still rasicts
Really

Shelbyville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#61
Aug 17, 2012
 
Everyone on here defending the program should now have their mouths open WHY ? Because you now have a softball parent saying the same things about the program and the money.The defenders say its the parents fault for the problems and issues . WOW how dare you !! There was no damn notice or call nor email about a meeting. Show the books and bank statements iI bet they dont match. BS . The main issue that these kids was cheated and on some tournaments we won but no trophy for 2 years ? We have never felt so cheated and robbed and this organization could have been big if it was ran correct. We appreciate what they was trying to do in some form of respect but I refuse to put my family through anymore embarrassment being apart of this program. Now that real talk. REALLY QUOTE My stepdaughter plays on the softball team and coached by Axline. This is a joke of a program and the coaching is pathtic. We definitely won't be a part of this mess again next year.We did our part for fundraising and paid our fee and more but this program still couldn't explain to us where the money went for softball and tried to say the parents were going to have to come up with more money in order for us to continue.R U SERIOUS?We haven't won one game this summer and scored a grand total of maybe 8 runs.But I'm sure that;s the kids fault and parents.Where is the money for our softball girls? Im sure alot of parents didn't know anything about this meeting to discuss the books. Alot of us are just fed up wit the lies and whatever else
Shame on you

Shelbyville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#62
Aug 23, 2012
 
I stand by this program and most importantly I stand by my child who loves this program and coaches! The last two years he has learned so much and has grown into a great ball player. Has there been problems yes most defiantly ! But as a whole it has been a great experience for him and that's all that matters. I really don't care what has been done behind the scene . We got everything we were promised. A facilty to use in the winter, uniforms, ball bags and tournaments. If I had a problem I went to the coaches, not a website and wine, complain, degrade, insult, and put down a childs baseball program. Good luck to those leaving. Hopefully you will find a fault free program!
Shame on you 2

Louisville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#63
Aug 26, 2012
 
Maxpower is about making money and being an underground program for Collins. Now they are charging $500 or $600 for kids to participate. The new Hackers baseball program only charges $75-100 to participate.Robert durr left MP because he knew things weren't being run right and honestly especially when it comes to money. Now he and others are working hard to do things the right way and not to nickel and dime us parents. Alot of money went to pay for tournaments for the 8U, 9U & 10U teams. Go figure who's kids play on those teams.Good Luck to those staying for whatever reasons including those being done behind the scenes.
Really

Shelbyville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#64
Aug 26, 2012
 
If you know anything about the game you know damn well the program could have been ran better. Yeah your kid may have played but you say you wasn't concerned about behind the scenes? Did we go to the Little League World Series or even try? With the amount of money collected we all should have! We played in those back woods tournaments and didn't play anybody and most of those games was rained out. If we wanted to only play local then why pay all that money and didn't go anywhere so Shame on you if you didn't expect more for your child and all the kids. Honestly don't come on here talking and making comments if you really don't know the game and how it should be played and more importantly respect the game of baseball!
fastpitch

Crestwood, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#65
Aug 26, 2012
 
As a softball parent, I feel like we definitely did not get our $500 worth. The 14u played in a total of 5 tournaments. It was a huge disappointment. It's sad because Shelby County softball really needed something like this to work.
Shame on you

Shelbyville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#66
Aug 27, 2012
 
Really wrote:
If you know anything about the game you know damn well the program could have been ran better. Yeah your kid may have played but you say you wasn't concerned about behind the scenes? Did we go to the Little League World Series or even try? With the amount of money collected we all should have! We played in those back woods tournaments and didn't play anybody and most of those games was rained out. If we wanted to only play local then why pay all that money and didn't go anywhere so Shame on you if you didn't expect more for your child and all the kids. Honestly don't come on here talking and making comments if you really don't know the game and how it should be played and more importantly respect the game of baseball!
For one don't insult or question my knowledge or respect for little league baseball. I expect my child and his team to grow, learn, have fun and experience the game they love. I expect parents to act like adults and not ruin the love of the game for these kids. Just because I am not involved or concerned with the behind the scenes doesn't mean I don't know the truth. So before you get on here and make a fool of yourself do your homework! Shame on you for making the tournaments they have won seem like nothing. So I see how you respect baseball, putting down little kids and telling them their achievements are not good enough"??? On that note I look forward to a great season and watching the kids play the game they love!!
Really

Shelbyville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#67
Aug 27, 2012
 
In no shape or form did I say the tournaments that the kids played were not nothing and those kids played hard and deserved to win , but we're are the trophies we never got ? now your comments are mixed up with a bunch of mumbo jumbo because my comment was not to target the kids or the the game they love. This was a traveling baseball team and had high expectations of traveling making our kids known which they are capable great kids. Really you don't know the game of baseball do you! Manpower would be a great program reaching high goals if it's ran correctly true organizations can make mistakes and no program is perfect but the people running the program and some coaches messed that up. I wish nothing but the best for MP.
Shame on you

Shelbyville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#68
Aug 27, 2012
 
Really.... We played in those back woods tournaments and didn't play anybody...your words!
Sounds like a lot of respect for their achievements!
Really

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#69
Aug 27, 2012
 
Yes I said backwoods tournaments your stll missing the point and again you don't know baseball or a student of the game all you cared about that your child played that's good enough for you give em something to do right? Most kids play travel baseball to advance and learn and participate in playing baseball on a high level and maybe potentially playing MLB someday. Do you or did you watch little league world series? You really understand what it takes to get to that level of baseball? Max power had that same potential but those in charge again messed that up. All the kids played great, wonderful proud of them all because they are all a great bunch of kids. Any accomplishment all the players done is well deserved. Again most parents wanted more out of MANAGEMENT. The kids are great! Your satisfied thats your opinion and you have that tight but most others expected more so stop saying I'm downing the kids please how dare you let's stay on the subject and it has nothing to do with the kids lets make that clear. I have respect for max power in what they tried to do maybe in few years when it's more organized MP will be a outstanding program!
Team work

Shelbyville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#70
Sep 24, 2012
 
My son has played on this team for one year. He really enjoyed the guys he played with and the coaching staff. He was not from Shelby county but still felt right at home on this team. We have since played against some of the boys from his team in football and they made sure to show him some love! He has met friends that he will have for a long time!! Some times it's the parents with the problems.
Logan

Louisville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#71
Sep 25, 2012
 
Team work wrote:
My son has played on this team for one year. He really enjoyed the guys he played with and the coaching staff. He was not from Shelby county but still felt right at home on this team. We have since played against some of the boys from his team in football and they made sure to show him some love! He has met friends that he will have for a long time!! Some times it's the parents with the problems.
That's wonderful and the kids are never the problem. It's always the selfish greedy adults that's the problem and that includes the guys that run Maxpower. Most folks are simply tired of their lies and other problems that this program has created.My son played in this program but we have moved on.Nobody can answer questions about the money problems and we were simply fed up with the daddy ball. Alot of coaches have left the program because of things they were fed up with as well.I'm so tired of hearing that we as parents are the problem.Easy to blame us but the MP guys can't be truthful and own up to there wrongdoings, lies, taking money and what this program has really been about since day one. Goodluck to those that continue to stay around. It will just be more problems and they will dig deeper in your pockets \
Shame on you

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#72
Sep 27, 2012
 
Have you ever thought maybe there is a bigger reason for them not showing you the books? Why is it always "greedy dad coaches"?? I do know the reason for them not showing the books and it's not what you think. And to be even more honest it proves some of the blaming the parents for some of the issues! You can't get things for free!!it's always a good idea to do your research before you jump on the rumor mill! I stand by this program and coaches. And most importantly I stand by my child who loves this program and all coaches! For the ones who has parted ways with MP I wish you luck and hope you find a program you can enjoy.
Wow

Clayton, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#73
Sep 27, 2012
 
Did you guys know that this makes the 55th post on this thread, and after reading through most of the garbage on here from both complainers and defenders, the only thing that's both true and consistent is that nobody cares and you're all ridiculous ? lol. I read somewhere on here about a lawsuit (which really cracked me up), coaches getting involved (Really? In a SHELBYVILLE TOPIX FORUM?? Haha!), parents who are friends with the coaching staff, therefore, defending the program ( guess your kid played in every game), parents who were disappointed with the program ( guess your kid DIDN'T play in every game lol), the team running out of money ( so stop paying MORE money and setting precedents, duh lol), and finally, and one of my favorites - the comparison between showing the books for the program and ordering a steak from a restaurant (Are you serious??? lmao!). While this has been quite the entertainment for me, it is what it is and all of you should be ashamed of yourselves for even having this sort of discussion on a stupid public forum, however, please don't stop, it's entertainment in the least !! LOL
Moving On

Louisville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#74
Oct 7, 2012
 
I know this thread is about the Maxpower,but my complaint is about the softball side of it.I know this was the first year for Ladypower and it takes lots of time by coaches,parents and especially MONEY to get a travel program off the ground. I have a friend who daughter made the team and the parents of this child shelled out close to $600 dollars for her to play for this team(which is alot of money).They gave here a backpack,helmet,and two sets of uniforms.One of the uniforms would not fit her,so they took it back antold them they would get new ones.they never saw the other set.I dont know how they handled the money,but the 10 u team played in a total of three tourneys. which averages out to b a total of about $150 a tourney for each girl. This is why my two girls play in other county for a well established program and it hasnt cost me ,but about $400 dollars for the both of them to play all summer long. They have never ask any of us parents for one red cent. I hope this program can get off the ground. I know baseball is bigger than fastpitch,but someone needs to pay attention to the girls that want to play and learn the sport.Please remember its for the kids not the parents,coaches or winning every tournament. I dont blame the maxpower program for this it all starts with the park rec league.Thats a different thread
Just Wondering

Louisville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#75
Oct 7, 2012
 
What does the parks dept. have to do with Maxpowers failures as a program or them not doing what they say, not playing in tournaments, problems with their baseball or softball programs or their money problems? The answer is NOTHING at all!! This program is a joke and all their problems are there own. If they would just stop with all their lies , mishandling moeny, stop looking out for their own kids and own up to their mistakes things may get better. If not it's just going to continue going downhill fast. What happened to ALL the money?
morgan

Louisville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#76
Oct 11, 2012
 
how much money will this program steal next year? one of the owners is getting a divorce so i gues his lies caught up with him. The fat guy just puts money in his pockets and lies about what its being used for.Parents better open their eyes soon.
Ryan

Louisville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#77
Oct 28, 2012
 
morgan wrote:
how much money will this program steal next year? one of the owners is getting a divorce so i gues his lies caught up with him. The fat guy just puts money in his pockets and lies about what its being used for.Parents better open their eyes soon.
Is this the program trying to have the fundraiser in Simpsonville called Casino or Bingo day? Is the money raised going to baseball or other stuff?
Mike walker

Louisville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#78
Oct 28, 2012
 
Ryan wrote:
<quoted text> Is this the program trying to have the fundraiser in Simpsonville called Casino or Bingo day? Is the money raised going to baseball or other stuff?
Yes, same program.. Hopefully parents don't buy into the BS again, better find out where your money is going.. Word is they have already spent what money has been turned in.. I wouldnt be surprised, cline does need to buy another house since his got foreclosed.. But I guess he couldn't make the payments after MP ended this summer.. This program has been a joke for 2 years..

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

9 Users are viewing the Shelbyville Forum right now

Search the Shelbyville Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 49 min scirocco 146,213
Rats 3 hr They Know 2
new snitches (May '12) 3 hr They Know 38
KY Hundreds of birds die in western Ky. (Jan '11) 4 hr Hii 81,570
KY Woman's head stepped on by Rand Paul supporters (Oct '10) 6 hr cathyjudy 26,185
Joyce Greer 10 hr Michael 3
KY Paul vs Conway: The Nastiest Debate Of 2010 | T... (Oct '10) 10 hr oscar 16,116
•••
•••
•••
•••

Shelbyville Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Shelbyville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Shelbyville News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Shelbyville
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••