Maxpower baseball
So sad

Bowling Green, KY

#34 Jun 2, 2012
This program will not last, too much nagativity. The new GM seems to be the source of most of the problems and complaints. Sad that people treat kids this way beacuse they want to live out their dream. When did it stop being about the kids.
Robert Durr

Louisville, KY

#35 Jun 2, 2012
So sad wrote:
This program will not last, too much nagativity. The new GM seems to be the source of most of the problems and complaints. Sad that people treat kids this way beacuse they want to live out their dream. When did it stop being about the kids.
I seem to be the source of the problems and complaints?? Last time I checked I didn't have a kid in this program.. The problems and complaints come from the parents that don't support the program.. Some people claim to know so much, but fact is you don't. You listen to others complain and then you form your own theory on things without even knowing what your talking about.. Maxpower may not be for everyone, but at least it is giving kids something to do, other than nothing at all.. I don't see why people hide behind these call names on here, why don't you put your real name
Revelation

Evansville, IN

#36 Jun 8, 2012
I'm a parent in the program and I do agree. Durr, Cline and Hammond are the major problems with this program and they are all liars. This is my sons second year with MP but it will definitley be the last.The said part is they label people is being trouble parents for complaining but they are the worst leadership around. This program keeps getting worse and alot of people don't wantto be bothered with anymore after this year. But it doesn't matter because thye are gonna pick and choose kids next year jsut to get more money but wont do any more development other then coaching their own sons.
it is what it is

United States

#37 Jun 8, 2012
Revelation wrote:
I'm a parent in the program and I do agree. Durr, Cline and Hammond are the major problems with this program and they are all liars. This is my sons second year with MP but it will definitley be the last.The said part is they label people is being trouble parents for complaining but they are the worst leadership around. This program keeps getting worse and alot of people don't wantto be bothered with anymore after this year. But it doesn't matter because thye are gonna pick and choose kids next year jsut to get more money but wont do any more development other then coaching their own sons.
How can Durr, Cline, and Hammond be the problem as far as "only" coaching their sons? Durr doesn't have a son in the program, Mike Hammond only has 1 son and it takes a lot more than that to consistantly win tournaments which the 9U has done, and Andrew Cline has 2 sons and a daughter in the program which he is trying to to HELP coach all 3 which are obviously on different teams so again it takes more than one player to win tournaments. And they aren't developing players? Really? Do you realize that when the 9U/10U players are in High School and playing on the same team that they will be almost unstoppable at the rate of progession they are showing! All of these negetive comments must be coming from parents who don't have a realistic expectaion as it applies to their sons abiities, because if you aren't happy, don't wait until the end of the season to leave....LEAVE NOW!!! Your negetivity does nothing but make others loath being around you and whether you realize it or not, it trickles down to the kids who don't need the distraction from making friends and playing baseball. My son has played for all Durr, Hammond, and Cline, and of all the things they may be, I've never known any of them to be liars.
Jodi Milton

Evansville, IN

#38 Jun 8, 2012
Is this really what Shelby County baseball is about these days? The high school programs can't get along and now have declined to the point they can't even get out of the district tournaments and lose to teams like Henry County. There is so much negativity around the MP program and complaints that there is not alot of development that ypu would honestly make comments that if the 9u/10u teams stay together til high school.Oh let me guess that's Hammond and Cline's teams.And the park leagues are getting worse by the day.Not hard to figure out why South Lexington, Scott County, Oldham County and alot other counties have passed Shelby County in talent, progress,development and winning.What a great baseball system we have here.
it is what it is

United States

#39 Jul 3, 2012
Scott Co will always be good because they recruit, Oldham Co is really nothing special, and the only time So Lex is an issue for us is in Cal Ripkin allstar play, there are going to be set backs in HS ball when a high school splits into 2 High Schools, both of those team will come along fine, the reason that the park is declining is because Chip puts his own sons as coaches and they don't win games or do well because the don't practice and develop the kids, they are lazy and don't care about their teams as well as allowing other coaches out there who are clueless about the game so what good are they doing for the park program, who cares if Cline and Hammond are affiliated w/ the most successful teams, they obviously know what they are doing. It was said from the begining that MaxPower was intended to develop players for the High Schools and they are doing that...with the players that have potential and want to put forth the work to make that development.
EnoughBS

Evansville, IN

#41 Jul 3, 2012
My son has been in this program for 2 years. He starts on his team but this is definitely his last year. It hasnt been a totally bad experience but things don't seem to be very organized, I don't feel it's been worth ALL the money and there a little too much negativity around this program and within.Plus this year we as parents were promised to see the books and know where all the money is going? NEVER HAPPENED.My son will be playing in Louisville next year learning and developing. We don't have the time to be aprt of this MP mess anymore.
True feelings

United States

#42 Jul 7, 2012
This whole thread is nothing but a load of sad!! When will parents realize they are the problem? Everything has problems, issues, And drama. That's called life. What makes you think baseball is any different? If you don't want to be apart of the "bs" don't listen or get involved! And don't put it out on the Internet (. Like that's not getting involved???)
it is what it is

United States

#43 Jul 7, 2012
Jodi Milton wrote:
Is this really what Shelby County baseball is about these days? The high school programs can't get along and now have declined to the point they can't even get out of the district tournaments and lose to teams like Henry County. There is so much negativity around the MP program and complaints that there is not alot of development that ypu would honestly make comments that if the 9u/10u teams stay together til high school.Oh let me guess that's Hammond and Cline's teams.And the park leagues are getting worse by the day.Not hard to figure out why South Lexington, Scott County, Oldham County and alot other counties have passed Shelby County in talent, progress,development and winning.What a great baseball system we have here.
What was that about not being able to beat Scott Co? Both the 9U and 10U Allstar teams (comprised mostly of Maxpower players and coached by Maxpower coaches who "don't teach them anything and are the problem") won their respective Cal Ripkin District Titles and both had to beat Scott Co (pretty handily I might add) to do it, next is South Lex in State and they've already proven they can handle Oldham ultimately proving that your dislike for the program is a personal one, not one based on statistics or coaching/adminstrative ability
Brenda Smitha

Louisville, KY

#44 Jul 15, 2012
Mp is falling apart, the 7u coach is leaving to start his own thing, and now all the 11u and 12u coaches are leaving.. Facts are this, Collins was suppose to help with facility rental and really didn't.. So mp parents paid for facility rental while Collins high school used it for free..( Collins only gave about 900, towards a 12k facility).. Money had been spent on crazy things, I know cause a recent financial report was emailed to me by mistake, if I was a softball parent I would be asking to see one.. Cline has mishandled the money once again, without anyone knowing.. I feel sorry for kids of this program cause they are getting cheated. I will support the Bluegrass Hackers and the Ky Bombers from now on, the are running their teams with hardly any money from the parents!!!!
it is what it is

United States

#45 Jul 15, 2012
Lol! Maxpower isn't falling apart, things are tightening up and moving forward. Good luck to the Bluegrass hackers and the Ky Bombers, I truely and sincerely hope for the best for them, but let's face it, no one on here could or be willing to do what Andrew Cline has done for the Maxpower program and for Shelbyville baseball in general. Those who like to attack Cline and Hammond don't have a clue what they are talking about, they are people who cry when things aren't ran the way they think they should be run so they pick up there ball and run home. I count Cline and Hammond as friends and that's why I'm defending them. You all complain about wanting to see the books, do you go to a steak restaurant and when your steak isn't cooked to order you ask them to open the books? No, you don't, and you say the kids are getting cheated? Did you get to play baseball against competetive teams? Check! Did you have a facility to practice at all winter? Check! Did the kids receive high quality equipment, uniforms, instruction, and opportunities? Check! Did you pay a very reasonable fee for all of this? Check! So let's be real the reason everyone is spreading rumors of unethical business practices by Maxpower leadership all comes down to personal issues with the program or what I call "take my ball and go home" syndrom when things get tough or don't go your way. Why not instead of complaining about everything show the program some real support that means more than money...LOYALTY!
it is what it is

United States

#47 Jul 23, 2012
You are absolutely right, they are the State Champs and more power to them, they played great baseball, and for the 10U, both the kids and parents were 1st class awesome people. I can only speak for the 10U team, but did they beat Scott Co...yes, did they beat So. Lex...yes, did they beat So. East Lex...yes. I'm very proud of our boys, and yes the 10U fell to So East Lex but #1 I'm proud of our boys and there is nothing to be ashamed of being #2 in the state, were you ever on a team that accomplished that? I know I wasn't, there for my hats off to all these boys THAT HAVE ACCOMPLISHED MORE ON THE BALL FIELD THAN YOU OR I EVER WILL!!! Shame on you for gloating over the work of a bunch kids who put their heart and soul into the game and came up short of a standard that you or I have never achieved!!! Shame on you!!!
Who really cares

Evansville, IN

#48 Jul 23, 2012
Nobody has put down any kids or there efforts on the field and CONGRATS to all the Shelby CO. All-Star teams in 2012.The weird thing is that you guys want to mke it out like Maxpower is something specialand the only reason kids are playing baseball or something. Facts are that alot of these kids were all-star kids in baseball well before Maxpower was created and our All-star teams are Shelby Co. Rec League teams not just Maxpower.We've had all-star teams in the past win District champs and win state so stop trying to make it seem that we only do well because of Maxpower. You come off as defender of this program but fail to realize they are not the only people teaching our kids in Shelby the game of baseball.So the question is why are so many people now fed up with Maxpower after just 2 yrs? Durr was on this site defedning the program weeks ago but then resigned because of differences and things being done behind the scenes?What happened to the board and showing us the books? Why are so many coaches now leaving? Why are there so many parents complaining? But you want to make it sound like Maxpower is something special and the only reason our All-Star teams were successful.But It Is What It Is in your mind.
it is what it is

United States

#49 Jul 24, 2012
That's is not true at all, I do not believe that All Stars were only successful because of MaxPower, there were many kids on the All Stars that were not Maxpower but contributed to the whole teams success. And I am equally proud of them as well. But here's the deal I am proud to be a Maxpower parent, I am proud to be an All Star parent, and it is an unavoidable fact that the overwhelming majority of All Stars were Maxpower players and were coached by Maxpower coaches, and the point was not that Shelby Co parks and Rec hasn't sent teams past district and state before because they obviously have, the point was that some people set higher standards for their children than they have ever set or achieved for themselves and then they wanna gloat about the loses at the state level just to show me they were right when they said the kids would loses when I am a firm believer that if you don't have faith and raises your hopes for your kids then what good are you as a parent. Its also my understanding that the majority of the issues that have come from Maxpower have been at the 11U, 12U, and 13U levels which would explain why I am having a hard time understanding where the disgruntled attitudes are coming from as my family's experience w/ Maxpower has been a great one. If Robert chooses to go do his own thing, then I wish him the best of luck, but please quit saying that Maxpower is doomed or will go under or any of those things because they are not true. The program may slim down to just a few teams and may grow again in just a few years or it may stay a smaller program, only time will tell, but just because you might not have had a great experience doesn't give you the right to bash trash and ruin it for those who've had a good time.
Really

Shelbyville, KY

#51 Jul 24, 2012
Who really cares wrote:
Nobody has put down any kids or there efforts on the field and CONGRATS to all the Shelby CO. All-Star teams in 2012.The weird thing is that you guys want to mke it out like Maxpower is something specialand the only reason kids are playing baseball or something. Facts are that alot of these kids were all-star kids in baseball well before Maxpower was created and our All-star teams are Shelby Co. Rec League teams not just Maxpower.We've had all-star teams in the past win District champs and win state so stop trying to make it seem that we only do well because of Maxpower. You come off as defender of this program but fail to realize they are not the only people teaching our kids in Shelby the game of baseball.So the question is why are so many people now fed up with Maxpower after just 2 yrs? Durr was on this site defedning the program weeks ago but then resigned because of differences and things being done behind the scenes?What happened to the board and showing us the books? Why are so many coaches now leaving? Why are there so many parents complaining? But you want to make it sound like Maxpower is something special and the only reason our All-Star teams were successful.But It Is What It Is in your mind.
If you don't care don't take time to post!! Simple to the point.
King

Louisville, KY

#54 Aug 7, 2012
it is what it is wrote:
<quoted text>
How can Durr, Cline, and Hammond be the problem as far as "only" coaching their sons? Durr doesn't have a son in the program, Mike Hammond only has 1 son and it takes a lot more than that to consistantly win tournaments which the 9U has done, and Andrew Cline has 2 sons and a daughter in the program which he is trying to to HELP coach all 3 which are obviously on different teams so again it takes more than one player to win tournaments. And they aren't developing players? Really? Do you realize that when the 9U/10U players are in High School and playing on the same team that they will be almost unstoppable at the rate of progession they are showing! All of these negetive comments must be coming from parents who don't have a realistic expectaion as it applies to their sons abiities, because if you aren't happy, don't wait until the end of the season to leave....LEAVE NOW!!! Your negetivity does nothing but make others loath being around you and whether you realize it or not, it trickles down to the kids who don't need the distraction from making friends and playing baseball. My son has played for all Durr, Hammond, and Cline, and of all the things they may be, I've never known any of them to be liars.
wHAT'S THE TRUTH about everything that is going on with this program? Certain people not being honest about money and other things behind the scenes? Is that part of the reason why Durr and other coaches have left the program? And the softball program is horrible and a major disappointment.
it is what it is

United States

#55 Aug 8, 2012
As a matter of fact about 3 weeks ago Cline and Durr held a Q and A session at the park where they openly answered all questions and opened the books (since there is supposedly money being stolen/embezzled/etc) and all parents of all ages were invited to attend but it was amazing to me that with this invitation only about 12 parents showed up and suprisingly most of those who showed up had no idea of the rumors and accusations going around and were first informed of these things when Cline brought them up so that everything could be addressed head on. What suprised me the most (actually it really didn't suprise me) out of all those who seem to be running their mouths and spreading these rumors, none of them showed up to the meeting to confront Cline and ask him directly. Why do you think that is? Either way there is no reason for them to call anyone out as it was all laid in the open and to be quite honest I didn't find anything to be out of order other than a few people to think its acceptable to spread lies and rumors about individuals who have sacrificed a ton of their personal time, money, efforts to make baseball more accessable to kids who are aggressive and want to take it as far as they can
EnoughBS

Louisville, KY

#56 Aug 9, 2012
hEARD mp IS ONLY DOING 9u, 10u & 11U teams next year and charging $500 or $600 a kid? Isnt that the teams their sons play on? That's where majority of the money went this year so thats shouldnt come as a shock. Gotta get the money somehow. Not like they cared about any other age graoup from day one.Thats why the other age groups were being told there wasn't any money. Same as they have done with the softball teams.Guess now the Collins softball people have their hands in the pot also. There sure not helping the girls learn or win softball games. What a joke.But IT IS WHAT IT IS. I'm sure evrything is always the parents fault.
it is what it is

United States

#57 Aug 10, 2012
Here's the deal, its obvious that you all aren't going to change your opinion even when presented with facts and opportunities to ask questions and verify what's going on. I'm confident that everything is on the up and up with the program and I look forward to seeing the growth and development of the players who's parents choose not to get wrapped up in gossip, rumors, and he said/she said and the fact of that matter is I'm not sorry to see the departure of the teams that are leaving the program because those teams parents seem to be the source of the majority of the issues and its sad because I'm sure that those players are good kids who don't care about the parental political crap that seems to be the driving force behind many lies circulating about the program.
Enough BS

Louisville, KY

#58 Aug 10, 2012
it is what it is wrote:
Here's the deal, its obvious that you all aren't going to change your opinion even when presented with facts and opportunities to ask questions and verify what's going on. I'm confident that everything is on the up and up with the program and I look forward to seeing the growth and development of the players who's parents choose not to get wrapped up in gossip, rumors, and he said/she said and the fact of that matter is I'm not sorry to see the departure of the teams that are leaving the program because those teams parents seem to be the source of the majority of the issues and its sad because I'm sure that those players are good kids who don't care about the parental political crap that seems to be the driving force behind many lies circulating about the program.
Once again it's the parents fault for everything in your mind and not the organization or people running it. Alot of the parents are fed up with the BS coming from this program overall.They spend alot of money on tournaments for the teams that their kids play on while all the other teams budgets don't have money. MP first was told to be a Shelby Co. program for all kids but it's simply set up for Collins by Ham and Cline and just there way of making sure their kids are taking care of all the way to the high school level.Just like the other 10 dads coaching at Collins. Now it's even gotten bad withthe softball programs. Haven't won a game this year, get no money and the same BS. Don't see alot of this same BS coming from the Shelby Co. side of town.But as you say it designed to help develop talent so that they will all play together and benefit Collins later down the road. What a joke. It's clear why so many coaches have quit MP this year and moving on.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Shelbyville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
White House on 60 4 hr Whatwhat 1
Anyone know Bridgette Sims?? Sun Need to know 6
Emily Harley (Oct '13) Sun Trash 19
Kristy Cook Sun tater 13
Thots of Shelbyville Apr 22 Yes 9
Some girl they call Tree Tree Apr 21 hmmmm 3
Veteran's Painting Sucks Apr 21 TaTa 2

Shelbyville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Shelbyville Mortgages