Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-S...

Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil Unions

There are 52077 comments on the CBS2 story from Nov 30, 2010, titled Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil Unions. In it, CBS2 reports that:

The Illinois House has approved a measure to legalize civil unions for same-sex couples.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBS2.

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#49030 Jan 21, 2014
Earth Angel wrote:
again what matters is Gays are not losing jobs or getting booted out of their apartments.
I provided a starting point, and you can Google from there. You have the capability to read the studies and look up the stats. After all, you are claiming to know more about it than they gay folks whop LIVE it.

You are incorrect in your beliefs, since people on this board have personally experienced such discrimination, and I would say that every gay person here either knows someone who faced losing their job or eviction, or knows people who have hidden their lives and families to avoid it. And being forced to deny your loved ones just to be able to feed yourself isn't really a happier option than being fired.

Unless someone sues and the case goes public, there won't be "links", but pretending you know more than people who actually LIVE this stuff isn't sensible.

You aren't going to convince a single gay person that the discrimination they personally experienced, or witnessed, didn't really exist. Why do you try? Do you also demand that the black people you know prove to you that they face day-to-day discrimination in their lives?

Unless you have walked in someone else's shoes, you can't know what they experience. But empathy is a nice place to start. And it's supposed to be a cherished Christian trait.

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#49031 Jan 21, 2014
Earth Angel wrote:
<quoted text>
ROTFL i care about God - i care about family - i care about the church
i don't care about gays and sure in heck don't care about you.
Which god would that be? "Not caring" about other people isn't really a Christian trait, is it? And since many gay folks are your Brothers and Sisters in Christ, it's even more odd. How can you claim to be a Christian when you disparage other Christians, who care about their God, their Families, and their churches in the same way you do?
Earth Angel

Racine, WI

#49032 Jan 21, 2014
http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2014/01/21/chr...

wow here is a great example of the gay agenda
bakery won't make the lesbian wedding cake so they run the bakery out of business.
Hey just go find another bakery.
Every place of business should have a right to refuse customers.
They probably can except for gays.
Gays get special treatment.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Earth Angel

Racine, WI

#49034 Jan 21, 2014
Quest wrote:
<quoted text>
Which god would that be? "Not caring" about other people isn't really a Christian trait, is it? And since many gay folks are your Brothers and Sisters in Christ, it's even more odd. How can you claim to be a Christian when you disparage other Christians, who care about their God, their Families, and their churches in the same way you do?
its a human trait that God allows me the free will to make up my own mind on who i should like and who i should dislike.
You gays know nothing about God's relationship with man..
if you find me odd just imagine what i think of you.
Sorry i don't have any gays folks as my brother and sisters just as Dusty he's been a christian for 30 years ( that is what he claims - i don't claim him as one ) and i'm sure he don't consider me his brother.

i don't consider gays as Christians. Not the ones in here. Not the way they talk to me and to others. I don't see anything Christian about them.
But if they want to stop being gay and repent and ask God for forgiveness yeah i'll consider any FORMER gay as a Christian. Just as soon as they denounce being gay.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Easy There Now

Dublin, CA

#49035 Jan 21, 2014
Earth Angel wrote:
<quoted text>
its a human trait that God allows me the free will to make up my own mind on who i should like and who i should dislike.
You gays know nothing about God's relationship with man..
if you find me odd just imagine what i think of you.
Sorry i don't have any gays folks as my brother and sisters just as Dusty he's been a christian for 30 years ( that is what he claims - i don't claim him as one ) and i'm sure he don't consider me his brother.
i don't consider gays as Christians. Not the ones in here. Not the way they talk to me and to others. I don't see anything Christian about them.
But if they want to stop being gay and repent and ask God for forgiveness yeah i'll consider any FORMER gay as a Christian. Just as soon as they denounce being gay.
LoL,And we don't consider you being a Christian either ! You go against everything that your Jesus taught ! I mean after all,Jesus was a liberal ! Nice try though phony !
Easy There Now

Dublin, CA

#49036 Jan 21, 2014
Earth Angel wrote:
<quoted text>
Breastfeeding truly is God gift to women. What a wonderful bonding experience it is for them.
When i mention change for a gay into straight. It really got taken way out of context by people wanting to look for reasons to tear it apart. Rather then looking to a more in depth discussion.
In my context i was putting it in was on a gay ready to commit suicide because of bullying, or whatever reason gay related.
When your ready to die over your life for whatever the hell the reason is saying its going to be ok to continue that life and is just going to push them over the edge period.
They need to know that their life can improve get better and even change so that its worth living for. And for people like Anne Heche that is exactly what happened. Not that she was suicidal but she did switch and her life did improve. Being straight is not an evil thing.
As for that gay with the breastfeeding. He could never be changed. ONE he wasn't looking to change.TWO he wasn't suicidal. THREE he was happy being gay
But it does bring up another point.
Gays really don't like women. They don't like sex with women. They don't like motherhood in any way shape or form.The gays in here will never admit to that. One they hate me TWO it shows them for the haters they really are.
Trying to achieve acceptance is how they go about their gay agenda but deep down its fueled with hate towards anyone who doesn't accept them.
Wrong again ! Reparative therapy does NOT work and is condemned by the APA and the vast majority of psychiatrists and psychologists,gee,you know the world wide experts on the subject ! So STOP saying it because you are again WRONG !

What the experts say,AGAIN !

www.apa.org/news/press/releases/2009/08/thera...

From CNN

http://www.cnn.com/2009/HEALTH/08/05/gay.to.s...

“Busting Kimare's”

Since: Feb 13

Clitty

#49037 Jan 21, 2014
Earth Angel wrote:
i've had several career changes in my life. Not all of them fair or to my advantage.
But i didn't whine about it. I didn't demand money i didn't earn or a job back where it wasn't working out.
I just shook it off and went elsewhere.
Gays are whinny by nature.
The ramblings of a clueless haterosexual. Poor, poor, persecuted Earth Anal.

“Busting Kimare's”

Clitty

#49038 Jan 21, 2014
Earth Angel wrote:
<quoted text>
you sure are
and Dusty is champion when it comes to being whiny
but your right about one thing i shouldn't insult horses they certainly are a good animal and deserve better.
Gotcha. Calling you on your BS is whiny.
Cali Girl 14

Los Angeles, CA

#49039 Jan 21, 2014
Dusty Mangina wrote:
<quoted text>The ramblings of a clueless haterosexual. Poor, poor, persecuted Earth Anal.
I'm straight and not a homophobe.
There are a lot of us who say,"live and
let live here".Kindly keep your unfair
Stereotype "Haterosexual" crap to
yourself!

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Busting Kimare's”

Clitty

#49040 Jan 21, 2014
Earth Angel wrote:
http://www.foxnews.com/opinion /2014/01/21/christian-bakery-g uilty-violating-civil-rights-l esbian-couple/
wow here is a great example of the gay agenda
bakery won't make the lesbian wedding cake they run the bakery out of business.
Hey just go find another bakery.
Every place of business should have a right to refuse customers.
They probably can except for gays.
Gays get special treatment.
So, if they're Jewish bakers they should have the right to refuse to sell to Christians?
If they're white bakers can they refuse to deal with a African-Americans?

Should gay businesses stop dealing with straight people at their weddings (florists, organists, wedding planners, bakers, etc).

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Earth Angel

Racine, WI

#49042 Jan 22, 2014
Easy There Now wrote:
<quoted text>
LoL,And we don't consider you being a Christian either ! You go against everything that your Jesus taught ! I mean after all,Jesus was a liberal ! Nice try though phony !
actually Jesus was non political

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Earth Angel

Racine, WI

#49043 Jan 22, 2014
Easy There Now wrote:
<quoted text>
Wrong again ! Reparative therapy does NOT work and is condemned by the APA and the vast majority of psychiatrists and psychologists,gee,you know the world wide experts on the subject ! So STOP saying it because you are again WRONG !
What the experts say,AGAIN !
www.apa.org/news/press/releases/2009/08/thera...
From CNN
http://www.cnn.com/2009/HEALTH/08/05/gay.to.s...
2009 articles and CNN seriously ?

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Earth Angel

Racine, WI

#49044 Jan 22, 2014
Cali Girl 14 wrote:
<quoted text>
I'm straight and not a homophobe.
There are a lot of us who say,"live and
let live here".Kindly keep your unfair
Stereotype "Haterosexual" crap to
yourself!
great post i love that word Haterosexual
never saw it before and it describes Dusty to a tee.
thanks for sharing it.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Earth Angel

Racine, WI

#49045 Jan 22, 2014
Dusty Mangina wrote:
<quoted text>
So, if they're Jewish bakers they should have the right to refuse to sell to Christians?
If they're white bakers can they refuse to deal with a African-Americans?
Should gay businesses stop dealing with straight people at their weddings (florists, organists, wedding planners, bakers, etc).
see this is where like always you go off the rails and miss the reality train of thoughts.
no one in here is comparing the black civil rights movement to the gay agenda except you.
No one would because its like apples and oranges difference.

if you would actually talk to any black civil rights leaders you would know they don't want anything to do with your gay agenda.

slavery was inhumanity at its worse. It was true hate for no reason.
Religious people who want nothing to do with your gay agenda are doing for for personal religious belief and should be religious freedom to do so.

plus its the free enterprise system if a place of business don't want to serve you due to legit religious convictions then by law they should have that right.

As far as gays not wanting to use religious businesses i would consider that a blessing from God. Please Dusty stay away religious stores so i can shop in peace.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Earth Angel

Racine, WI

#49046 Jan 22, 2014
http://gma.yahoo.com/blogs/abc-blogs/norway-3...

looks like Norway is sending the gay team to the Olympics

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Busting Kimare's”

Clitty

#49047 Jan 22, 2014
Earth Angel wrote:
<quoted text>

plus its the free enterprise system if a place of business don't want to serve you due to legit religious convictions then by law they should have that right.
But (by law) they don't have that right, which is why they're getting challenged. Businesses can't pick and choose whom they choose to serve, unless they are wholly and completely owned by a church.

What part of that is so hard to understand?

Seriously, if a wedding planner who happened to be gay refused service to a couple because they were straight, he could be sued. It goes both ways. A business which serves the public does not have the right to discriminate.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

“Busting Kimare's”

Clitty

#49048 Jan 22, 2014
Earth Angel wrote:
<quoted text>
see this is where like always you go off the rails and miss the reality train of thoughts.
no one in here is comparing the black civil rights movement to the gay agenda except you.
No one would because its like apples and oranges difference.
See, this is where you go off the rails, because I gave you several other examples. You chose to focus on black civil right.

You do know that Coretta Scott King herself compared LGBT rights to those of black rights, don't you? I'm inclined to give Ms. King more credibility than you.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
baker

Saint Louis, MO

#49050 Jan 22, 2014
I had to bake a terrorists birthday cake. I did not want to get sued.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Earth Angel

Racine, WI

#49051 Jan 22, 2014
Dusty Mangina wrote:
<quoted text>
See, this is where you go off the rails, because I gave you several other examples. You chose to focus on black civil right.
You do know that Coretta Scott King herself compared LGBT rights to those of black rights, don't you? I'm inclined to give Ms. King more credibility than you.
Haterosexual it actually does describe you
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php...
one who derives sexual pleasure from anger; especially anger towards a specific group of people.

you are 100 % anger. only person who would be drawn to you another perverted gay person.

i never heard of this word but i like for describing you.
You are a true angry man.( good screen name for you )

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Earth Angel

Racine, WI

#49052 Jan 22, 2014
baker wrote:
I had to bake a terrorists birthday cake. I did not want to get sued.
careful you'll Haterosexual Man angry at you.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Shelbyville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
josh smothers (Aug '14) Aug '16 TWOTC 4
Who do you support for U.S. House in Illinois (... (Oct '10) Jul '16 OldManBenny 72
News Two Shelbyville Men Arrested for Vehicle Theft (Oct '10) Jun '16 Mike from Mode 9
Arlene Rickett (Oct '14) Jun '16 Tea 5
all gangs under investigation in coles as of 02... (Feb '13) Apr '16 florida 4
News Illinois man still has Nixon's sandwich after 4... (Feb '08) Mar '16 sammwich 36
Danette Frey (sp)? (May '11) Mar '16 Crackbaby1234 5

Shelbyville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Shelbyville Mortgages